Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of Indianapolis?
been there loved IT!! 117 38.87%
been there it was okay 126 41.86%
been there and would never go BACK! 58 19.27%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:53 PM

46 posts, read 211,100 times

Advertisements

Ilovedenver, its good to hear that from someone who breathes oxygen depleted air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 12:47 AM

46 posts, read 211,100 times
Default Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
Thats so much like moving to Nebraska or Oklahoma and asking where the mountains are.
THey're in Scottsbluff.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,072,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Why isn't there a "Never been there" option?
because this question is for people who have been to indianapolis. if i put a never been there option it would do nothing to help answer the question.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 18,519 times
I live here in Indy's near south side. I was raised in and around Dayton Ohio and I think Indy is much better. There is actually alot of coolness about Indy. Sports, museums, cultural areas, lower crime other than the EAST SIDE, avoid the EAST SIDE. The schools are ahead of where my kids are in the 2nd and 3rd grades. They was in TN schools tho. All in all I recomend INDY to anyone wanting to be somewhere that is heavily overlooked and unappriaciated for what it has and offers. Lots of nice charities here too if you live here and need help.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:06 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,654,469 times
I live about two hours away and we have flown in and out of the airport and enjoyed that. I just took my grand daughter to the Indianapolis Children's Museum and I hadn't been there in about ten years. I went a lot when my kids were young. I think that is a real treasure for your city. The new parking garage was really great and it was free. We had a wonderful day there and will come back and a lot I'm sure.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,967 times
Its suburbs are absolutely great. The Western, Eastern, Central and Southern parts of indianapolis aren't as safe as the northern part, or its suburbs.

But overall, its a good city, although it doesn't have much attraction.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:08 PM

28 posts, read 105,852 times
I know hate is a strong word but here is why i cannot stand living here. I've been here for seven years and trying deseperately to move down south, hopefully TN
1. the people (I grew up around having large family dinners, friends and get togethers
but the people down here are NOT friendly and very superficial)
2. There are not enough good jobs
3. the weather ( everybody knows that it can rain, then sleet, and then thunderstorm, then turn back around & be 50 degrees in the same week) awful
4. Finally, like someone else mentioned it's just a city that's there, nothing at all spectacular & as soon as we get the chance we're gone!!!!

And that's why I dont like Indy.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:18 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,340,517 times
Do you think the economy would be better in TN than it is in and around Indianapois?

I'm not sure what your benchmark is but, if the people in Indy come across as unfriendly and superficial, you may want to avoid living on the Coasts.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:58 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
I know it's not in Tennessee, but I just heard that a Goodyear plant in Georgia is closing and 1300 people are losing jobs ... Merry Christmas!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:26 AM

28 posts, read 105,852 times
LIS123,

Well we dont plan to move anywhere near the coast. We've visited Nashville, Gatlinburg, & several of the other areas in TN & EVERY time we've been I've felt like I was at home. When I come back to Indianapolis, I feel like I'm on a long extended business trip and a visitor. We've met several people who've left Indy and moved to TN & very happy with their jobs and surroundings.

The biggest thing for me is the PEOPLE, Indianapolis is a city that if you're not from there or didn't grow up here people are not open to you. I'm just not impressed and looking to move in July 09 & make Nashville our new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis