Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2019, 10:16 AM

7,510 posts, read 7,239,739 times

Advertisements

Another great comparison.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/kia/...arison-review/

Old 10-23-2019, 04:08 PM

21,924 posts, read 25,269,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
But it's not an Audi. It matter to some what emblem they sit behind. If that weren't the case, Genesis would have driven the 7-series into the ditch by now.
Well, no. There's always going to be the people that want the last 10-20% no matter the price and then there's people that don't. The G90 isn't a 7-series or S-Class, but it is 80% for a lot less money. Great value. I have zero interest in it, but I do like on paper the G70. Haven't driven it. I did drive the G80 when it was a Hyundai and as much as BMW has dropped the ball over the last decade or more in forgetting that they used to make fun to drive cars the Hyundai Genesis just wasn't on par with BMW then. It didn't have the quality BMW had, the chassis stability and tuning. But it was pretty close for much less money.

The new G70 I've sat in but not driven. Interior is pretty good. More interesting to look at than the outgoing F30 3-series but there's also obvious cost cutting that you don't see as much of in the more boring BMW. Switch gear particularly is just not what I'd expect from a luxury car while the non-touch point plastics aren't great they're not that big a deal in an entry-luxury. Given the price point with the G70 3.3 turbo being about the same price as a four-banger BMW, who cares about the not very convincing plastic trim doo-dads and lower dashboard. Again, value but not quite there with BMW on an outgoing BMW in terms of just interior. I'm more interested in the driving experience though than interior.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:33 AM

9,385 posts, read 7,013,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Well, no. There's always going to be the people that want the last 10-20% no matter the price and then there's people that don't. The G90 isn't a 7-series or S-Class, but it is 80% for a lot less money. Great value. I have zero interest in it, but I do like on paper the G70. Haven't driven it. I did drive the G80 when it was a Hyundai and as much as BMW has dropped the ball over the last decade or more in forgetting that they used to make fun to drive cars the Hyundai Genesis just wasn't on par with BMW then. It didn't have the quality BMW had, the chassis stability and tuning. But it was pretty close for much less money.

The new G70 I've sat in but not driven. Interior is pretty good. More interesting to look at than the outgoing F30 3-series but there's also obvious cost cutting that you don't see as much of in the more boring BMW. Switch gear particularly is just not what I'd expect from a luxury car while the non-touch point plastics aren't great they're not that big a deal in an entry-luxury. Given the price point with the G70 3.3 turbo being about the same price as a four-banger BMW, who cares about the not very convincing plastic trim doo-dads and lower dashboard. Again, value but not quite there with BMW on an outgoing BMW in terms of just interior. I'm more interested in the driving experience though than interior.

The G70 3.3T (~$46k) compares with the BMW M34Oi (~$68k) when loaded similarly. In absolute the M340i is a better vehicle in terms of engine, transmission, handling, breaking, interior, fit and finish. Genesis holds the advantage in value, warranty, and likely long-term reliability. I would say if you wanted to lease (given that BMW heavily subsidizes leases) then the 340 is the way to go. If you want to buy and own longer than 36 months then clearly the G70 is the choice. The genesis does everything 85% (my subjective opinion) as well BMW with the exception of the tranny which lets the platform down. Still at the price point all of that is forgiven given everything else.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post

I think the palisade gets the slight nod on interior quality and features but the Telluride has slightly better space usage specs. I flat out prefer the exterior looks of the Telluride especially in the green with amber headlights that it would sway me in wanting it over the Hyundai.

Old 11-18-2019, 05:27 AM

31,689 posts, read 41,105,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
A lot of people think the front end of the Hyundai is ugly. I think the front end of the Kia looks just like a GMC Yukon. I don’t find it particularly special. I don’t really see other cars that have the headlight set up like the Palisade.

Who cares if it’s a game changer. For the people interested in what it has to offer, perhaps it is. For those that aren’t interested - it isn’t. Also, the people who tend to buy Honda/Toyota, etc tend to be afraid to go to a different brand and are loyal to their brand. Those who buy BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc - look down on the Kia/Hyundai brand and would never consider it.

You get a LOT of bang for your buck with the Palisade (and Telluride). I have all the safety features (Lane assist, lane keep, smart cruise control, blind spot warning, heads up display, movement detection in the rear, back up cameras on every angle including top down, etc), driver talk, Quiet mode, heated and ventilated front and second row seats, a kicka$$ stereo system, Bluetooth, Apple car play, remote start, etc. Plus they have a fabulous warranty. Not sure what’s not to like? This will be our 4 Hyundai and they’ve all been very good to us.
Bada Bing!

Old 11-18-2019, 10:14 AM

More exited for the Genesis GV 70/80.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:42 AM

Really?

Is that why Kia is now increasing production in order to try and meet demand???

Kia reportedly plans to increase production of Telluride SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
Sales for the Kia/Hyundai have only been about 4,000/month in the past 3 months. (The Kia has actually been dropping:

May = 6,273
June = 5,989
July = 4,559

Looks like the shine has already worn off.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:24 AM

2,376 posts, read 2,944,479 times
Quote:
Really?

Is that why Kia is now increasing production in order to try and meet demand???

Kia reportedly plans to increase production of Telluride SUV
LOL....

Here are two things Kia didn’t say in their press release:

1) Their initial product plan was 120K units per year, and they cut their forecast TWICE in 2019 because they realize they weren’t coming anywhere near that. But of course they won’t publish a press release about that. So even with this bump, they still are below their target. Plus, they are essentially engaging in economic dumping to try to gain traction in this segment but what will happen once they start to raise prices over time, which they have already started to do? You can only mask a substandard powertrain for so long....and pricing it where they did led to....

2) While you were pumping your chest out about Kia selling 60K of these, what many failed to realize is many of these sales were stolen from Kia’s own product, the Sorrento, which lost 15K sales from 2018 to 2019. The Sorrento was actually up in Q1 year over year, but then sales tanked once the Telluride came out. That’s pretty bad in a hot SUV market.

You know what was a bigger “game changer” this year? The Ford Ranger, which sold 90K units in the first year in a segment that does about 500K units per year. The Telluride sold 60K units per year in a segment that sells about 2 million vehicles per year. Do the math on those market share numbers. (18% vs 3%.). I don’t see a 3% market share vehicle as a game changer but that’s just me....

What is your infatuation with this product, anyway? All you do is post about this same product over and over by bumping your own threads. Certainly seems like you have some vested interest in this.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:21 PM

Game Changer - an event, idea, or procedure that effects a significant shift in the current manner of doing or thinking about something.

Kia Can't Build Its New Luxury SUV Fast Enough

Ford Explorer, down 75,000 units, -25%.
Honda Pilot, down 25,000 units for the year, -15%.
Toyota Highlander, down 5,000 units, -2%.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:35 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,944,479 times
Quote:
Game Changer - an event, idea, or procedure that effects a significant shift in the current manner of doing or thinking about something.

Kia Can't Build Its New Luxury SUV Fast Enough

Ford Explorer, down 75,000 units, -25%.
Honda Pilot, down 25,000 units for the year, -15%.
Toyota Highlander, down 5,000 units, -2%.
Well I can't speak for the Pilot and Highlander, but the Explorer basically had no production for 3 months so you can't look at year over year like that.

Q4 sales

Highlander = 60K units
Pilot = 30K
Explorer = 51K (really with 2 months of inventory/sales)
Traverse = 34K
Telluride = 19K

Don't buy the propaganda you see in the press, my friend.

Plus, you never answered why this means so much to you? Been on this forum a long time and never seen someone have such a high percentage of their posts on one specific vehicle/brand. You definitely seem to have a vested interest in this....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia