Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2024, 11:49 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,667,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
Is that the tallest parking garage in the county?
Believe the parking deck at the Renasant bank building downtown is 8 levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2024, 03:42 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,620,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
They need to figure out some way to keep those JPL folks. They're some of the brightest there are, and once gone they're very, very difficult to get back. I'm one of those who thinks science for the sole purpose of scientific knowledge is well worthwhile.
The problem with government programs is there probably hasn't been a real budget in Washington in maybe 20 years. All they have are continuing resolutions. Continuing resolutions only keep current programs going. That is OK for MSFC in Huntsville because they have the ongoing Artemis program. However, without a real budget there is no way for a new program to be started. Places like JPL need new programs as the current ones end.

I used to work as a support contractor at the MSFC. While there I supported the Space Shuttle Propulsion Division. I am very troubled by the Artemis program. It is so expensive to operate I don't understand how they will have the funding to complete the planned lunar base by 2030. I wonder if it is taking so much money from the budget that it is starving projects that would be developed at JPL.

Old 02-12-2024, 06:45 AM

Looks like a new Chick-fil-A going in at the old Ruby Tuesday location at I-565 and Wall Triana exit.

Old 02-12-2024, 09:17 AM

13,395 posts, read 9,915,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Looks like a new Chick-fil-A going in at the old Ruby Tuesday location at I-565 and Wall Triana exit.
That's been rumored for quite some time. Plenty of room for cars to stack up there at least.

Old 02-12-2024, 04:13 PM

652 posts, read 721,418 times
Quote:

Is that in the city of Madison city limits? I "think" it is.

Old 02-12-2024, 04:39 PM

13,395 posts, read 9,915,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
Is that in the city of Madison city limits? I "think" it is.
I think it must be since the Cracker Barrel next door has a Madison address. But you never know where the city limit line is.

Old 02-12-2024, 05:06 PM

296 posts, read 244,744 times
Quote:
I think it must be since the Cracker Barrel next door has a Madison address. But you never know where the city limit line is.
I looked at their "official" map, the city limits seems to be the RR track, and Cleghorn Blvd is north of the RR track, so it and Cracker Barrel are in Madison.

Old 02-12-2024, 05:34 PM

The Mill Creek Choice Neighborhood redevelopment takes another step
The Huntsville City Council approved a memorandum of understanding with private developer McCormack Baron Salazar for the $400 million Mill Creek revitalization project. The city will apply next week for as much as $50 million in federal funds for the project, which will consist of a mixture of low-income, affordable and market rate housing.

McCormack Baron Salazar is considered one of the largest U.S. development firms purely focused on affordable and mixed-income residential developments.
examples of the developer’s work at Legacy Pointe at Poindexter in Columbus, Ohio; Beecher Terrace in Louisville, Kentucky; Harmony Oaks in New Orleans and South City in Memphis.

Mill Creek would also be a landing point for the pedestrian bridge known as Skybridge which is part of the $65 million Riverwalk project which would put the downtown area within walking distance of downtown destinations.

Shane Davis, director of Urban and Economic Development explains, part of McCormack Baron Salazar’s team is nonprofit Urban Strategists Incorporated. The organization will help with the “people” part of the revitalization, Davis and the mayor said.
It will work with the more than 25 local partners to help provide services such as developing economic opportunities, workforce development and placement into the workforce. It would assist Huntsville Hospital with high quality health care with in unit services. It would also help childhood services and day care.

Old 02-13-2024, 09:04 AM

11 posts, read 11,300 times
Quote:
Quote:
That's been rumored for quite some time. Plenty of room for cars to stack up there at least.
What's the latest source to confirm the rumor this time?

Old 02-13-2024, 09:46 AM

Huntsville moves up from #40 to #16 in Millikin Institutes ranking of best performing cities in the US.

https://milkeninstitute.org/best-performing-cities

Methodology they use here
https://milkeninstitute.org/best-per...es/methodology
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area