Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 06:36 AM

156 posts, read 179,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin24816 View Post
I realize that growth is how a city stays prosperous but I sure do hate to see all that land developed.

https://whnt.com/2018/09/12/groundbr...nt-in-madison/
I felt better about it being developed before seeing the plan. Breland billed it as a game changer for Madison and it looks like nothing but more strip malls fronting 72 with poorly planned/connected single family homes.

I will give him credit for adding in a ton of greenspace, even if it all lines up perfectly with the flood zone.

Photo via WHNT
Attached Thumbnails
Huntsville/Madison Development News-clift-farms.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 07:26 AM

271 posts, read 297,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL2HSV View Post
I felt better about it being developed before seeing the plan. Breland billed it as a game changer for Madison and it looks like nothing but more strip malls fronting 72 with poorly planned/connected single family homes.

I will give him credit for adding in a ton of greenspace, even if it all lines up perfectly with the flood zone.

Photo via WHNT

Agreed. Aside from the narrow road ways, the developers of Providence did extremely well with the execution of "mixed-use" retail....Breland doesn't get it. This is no different than the Target shopping plaza across the street.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:11 AM

10 posts, read 9,848 times
What happened to The Oasis project that was supposed to be developed off I-565 across from the Harley Davidson dealer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO9Vb1Wlzlk

Old 09-13-2018, 08:29 AM

198 posts, read 253,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobBot View Post
What happened to The Oasis project that was supposed to be developed off I-565 across from the Harley Davidson dealer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO9Vb1Wlzlk
I heard it wasn’t happening. We have 4 major developments on the way anyway.

1. Clift Farm
2. Town Madison
3. MidCity
4. Constellation (slow poke)

Old 09-13-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post

1. Clift Farm
2. Town Madison
3. MidCity

I would add City Centre and TrailHead to that list.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:09 AM

198 posts, read 253,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL2HSV View Post
I would add City Centre and TrailHead to that list.
Yea forgot CityCentre lol so many. What’s Trailhead?

Old 09-13-2018, 10:33 AM

13,469 posts, read 9,979,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post

1. Clift Farm
2. Town Madison
3. MidCity
And the one downtown ... CityCenter (or is it CityCentre?) CityCentre at Big Spring | Upscale in Downtown Huntsville

There's also something over Chapman Mountain off Shields Rd near the 24 Hour Fitness ... I think it's supposed to be a "mixed use" and not just residential.

I was by Constellation yesterday, on the street between Clinton Ave and the Library, when I went to my doc and there's no activity at all now. That's some really valuable land that's essentially going to waste, at least at the moment.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:37 AM

13,469 posts, read 9,979,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
And the one downtown ... CityCenter (or is it CityCentre?) CityCentre at Big Spring | Upscale in Downtown Huntsville

There's also something over Chapman Mountain off Shields Rd near the 24 Hour Fitness ... I think it's supposed to be a "mixed use" and not just residential.

I was by Constellation yesterday, on the street between Clinton Ave and the Library, when I went to my doc and there's no activity at all now. That's some really valuable land that's essentially going to waste, at least at the moment.
Ha. Looks like the one I mentioned off Shields Rd is TrailHead. I'd never heard that name before now.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Ha. Looks like the one I mentioned off Shields Rd is TrailHead. I'd never heard that name before now.
That is TrailHead. Legacy homes is building it as a Providence like mixed use. They have most of the road built out already along with a pretty nice greenway.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:05 AM

3,011 posts, read 1,792,182 times
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]Trailhead will consists of 250 homes and loftapartments, 25.00+- acres of dining, shopping, entertainment and office spacealong with 150.00+- acres of Mountain Nature Preserve and 2 miles of greenwayand Trailhead parking.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area