Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2024, 06:26 AM

3,040 posts, read 3,677,626 times

Advertisements

Couple of notable permits issued this week and construction to begin for previously announced projects,
The metro's second Costco with accompanying gas station in Madison on US 72, adjacent to Clift Farms.
Holiday Inn Express @Shields Road just south of US 72 east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2024, 12:33 PM

654 posts, read 724,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Couple of notable permits issued this week and construction to begin for previously announced projects,
The metro's second Costco with accompanying gas station in Madison on US 72, adjacent to Clift Farms.
Holiday Inn Express @Shields Road just south of US 72 east.
I think the article said the Costco would be 170K square feet or so. Wonder how that compares to the existing Costco. Big question for Costco is will it remain in the county and will it charge the 3% Breland fee.

The HIX (I think) will join the Hampton Inn Hampton Cove as the only two hotels on the east side of the mountains.....

Old 07-10-2024, 12:57 PM

931 posts, read 650,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
I think the article said the Costco would be 170K square feet or so. Wonder how that compares to the existing Costco. Big question for Costco is will it remain in the county and will it charge the 3% Breland fee.

The HIX (I think) will join the Hampton Inn Hampton Cove as the only two hotels on the east side of the mountains.....
Mobile’s is roughly 160k

Old 07-10-2024, 12:58 PM

13 posts, read 10,902 times
Quote:

172,327 sq ft to be specific. Think that’s considerably larger than the Huntsville Costco. For comparison, average Costco is 146k, Hoover Costco is 150k, Mobile Costco is 148k

Old 07-10-2024, 02:35 PM

654 posts, read 724,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVTiger2015 View Post
172,327 sq ft to be specific. Think that’s considerably larger than the Huntsville Costco. For comparison, average Costco is 146k, Hoover Costco is 150k, Mobile Costco is 148k
I hope somebody plans to expand the current signalized entrance to CF and the Target. It doesn't work all that well even now, and it will be overwhelmed if not upgraded.

Old 07-10-2024, 07:16 PM

3,040 posts, read 3,677,626 times
Alabama A&M bid to buy Birmingham Southern comes up short.
Probably a good thing, another campus to support would have caused the main campus to suffer.
Keep improving and growing what you already have.
Now
“With no deal in Birmingham, we will shift our resources to be invested on our main campus in Huntsville as we achieved record enrollment in the 2023-2024 academic year,”

https://www.al.com/news/2024/07/alab...pus-fails.html

Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM

678 posts, read 622,790 times
Quote:
I hope somebody plans to expand the current signalized entrance to CF and the Target. It doesn't work all that well even now, and it will be overwhelmed if not upgraded.
Back when I was going into work at 0500; I noticed that light for Cliff Farms/Target is synchronized with the light at Wall-Triana & Hwy 72.

I know they are expanding Wall-Triana with additional lanes north of the intersection but don't know how far north. Need to do the same south of the intersection to at least Gooch Lane.

Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM

2,471 posts, read 3,266,835 times
Quote:
I have heard that they bought the land directly from the Clift family and not from Breland, but don't know how true that is.

Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM

52 posts, read 42,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
I have heard that they bought the land directly from the Clift family and not from Breland, but don't know how true that is.

How long has the Costco been in the works for, or was their a large retailer that was rumored to be in the Clift Farms project since the early stages?

Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM

13 posts, read 10,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Don’t think that’s true. According to McCutcheon they’re only dealing with the property owner, Breland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area