Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2024, 10:48 AM

652 posts, read 720,616 times

Advertisements

I could swear that Silver had planned to drop out of Huntsville, but if there was an announcement I cannot find it.

Delta is flying one large 737-900 daily at this time, but several of the HSV-ATL flights have been turned over to regional partners flying CRJ-900 aircraft. Picking a random Monday in May, 3 of 7 flights are Delta Connection with two 737-900 and two 717 flights.

Definitely a mixed bag with Delta, I wish they would add service to SLC.

United increasing service is amusing as they are fond of announcing new/increased service and then quietly drawing it down.

But it is good to see traffic up at HSV, and kind of surprising as the airport is so heavily dependent on business travelers.

I wish I could find numbers on Breeze out of Huntsville. I would like to see them succeed and it would be wonderful if the LAX service could be extended to year-round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 12:39 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,663,740 times
New downtown transit station set to open this summer.
Nice looking facility.

https://whnt.com/news/huntsville/sne...nsfer-station/

Old 04-20-2024, 11:54 AM

12 posts, read 12,240 times
I’m not sure if it’s been asked, or even confirmed, but how tall is the central building of the Front Row development supposed to be? From what I can tell with the renderings, I count 17 to 18 stories (easily 225ft+). Would add some much needed height in the somewhat understated Huntsville skyline.

Old 04-20-2024, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongoros View Post
I’m not sure if it’s been asked, or even confirmed, but how tall is the central building of the Front Row development supposed to be? From what I can tell with the renderings, I count 17 to 18 stories (easily 225ft+). Would add some much needed height in the somewhat understated Huntsville skyline.
No confirmation, and will probably vary from the renderings. The hotel segment is part of the second phase which probably won’t start for several years. That can change to earlier if demand and favorable interest rates occur.

Old 04-20-2024, 05:09 PM

13,345 posts, read 9,884,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
I could swear that Silver had planned to drop out of Huntsville, but if there was an announcement I cannot find it.

Delta is flying one large 737-900 daily at this time, but several of the HSV-ATL flights have been turned over to regional partners flying CRJ-900 aircraft. Picking a random Monday in May, 3 of 7 flights are Delta Connection with two 737-900 and two 717 flights.

Definitely a mixed bag with Delta, I wish they would add service to SLC.

United increasing service is amusing as they are fond of announcing new/increased service and then quietly drawing it down.

But it is good to see traffic up at HSV, and kind of surprising as the airport is so heavily dependent on business travelers.

I wish I could find numbers on Breeze out of Huntsville. I would like to see them succeed and it would be wonderful if the LAX service could be extended to year-round.
I believe this number is for the inaugural year for Breeze - over 30,000 passengers. Seems to be doing pretty good for non-daily service. https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...untsville.html

AU posted this about Silver's service in Huntsville in post 6647. https://www.silverairways.com/travel.../travel-alerts

Last edited by RocketDawg; 04-20-2024 at 05:18 PM..

Old 04-20-2024, 05:15 PM

13,345 posts, read 9,884,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongoros View Post
Somewhat understated is -- understated.

Most cities of our size have several fairly tall buildings. Huntsville has none. But, if everything that's on Redstone was downtown, the skyline would look significantly different.

The Front Row building I believe is an office building (probably with retail on the first floor), and a lot of people are "working" from home nowadays, so the demand for office space is a bit fluid right now. There have been a few mentionings of taller buildings in the downtown area but so far none of them has come to fruition.

Old 04-23-2024, 04:17 PM

46,541 posts, read 27,410,606 times
So, again a HWY 53 question, it appears that at HWY 53 and Wall Trina they are widening it and adding a turn lane. Anyone know anything?

Also Old Railroad bed, the same question.

Old 04-23-2024, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, again a HWY 53 question, it appears that at HWY 53 and Wall Trina they are widening it and adding a turn lane. Anyone know anything?

https://www.madisoncountyal.gov/depa...n-improvements

Old 04-23-2024, 04:30 PM

46,541 posts, read 27,410,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Thank you. I've searched, but I will now keep you link.

Old 04-24-2024, 06:47 AM

113 posts, read 100,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

The Harvest Rd turn lane with a TURN light is long overdue, and IMO should have been done when they put the light in to start with (folks can't go straight through if anyone is trying to turn left and can't due to the amt of traffic).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area