Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2018, 05:51 AM

13,447 posts, read 9,963,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin24816 View Post
The Greenbrier Interchange project I believe will add an additional lane to each ramp, lengthen them too and add high mast lighting. The project was just let and the winning bid was for $10265000.00.
The new building in the SW corner looks like it will be a trucking company doing local delivery only as far as I know. I am assuming that you are referring to the building just west of Cowan Equipment.
Yes, that's the place.

$10M? Seems like a lot of money for a relatively simple project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 10:48 AM

100 posts, read 113,855 times
The list of the bid items in the contract includes dirt work, planing asphalt surfaces, asphalt paving, drainage structures and several other items.

https://alletting.dot.state.al.us/PR.../PITEMS028.pdf

Old 09-21-2018, 03:52 PM

Reed Contracting began construction on Old Hwy. 20 from Powell Road east to the NS RR tracks today. There are several large piles of dirt and several pieces of roadway pipe waiting to go in.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:12 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,672,372 times
Quote:
Reed Contracting began construction on Old Hwy. 20 from Powell Road east to the NS RR tracks today. There are several large piles of dirt and several pieces of roadway pipe waiting to go in.
The city has applied for a grant to build an overpass over those RR tracks on Old Highway 20

Old 09-21-2018, 04:12 PM

13,447 posts, read 9,963,050 times
Quote:
The list of the bid items in the contract includes dirt work, planing asphalt surfaces, asphalt paving, drainage structures and several other items.

https://alletting.dot.state.al.us/PR.../PITEMS028.pdf
I like the one toward the end: Trainee, max of 80 cents/hour

Any drawings of the final product available?

Old 09-21-2018, 10:05 PM

I have looked for drawings but have yet to find any. At one time, ALDOT included the project drawings on one project I looked at, but I have yet to see that since.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:46 AM

I hope that the bridge will allow for at least two tracks to pass below it. Norfolk Southern RR planned on double tracking this mainline from Memphis to Chattanooga several years ago. It was called the Crescent Corridor. With the volume of rail traffic going in and out of Toyota/Mazda, a single track will not be enough in my opinion.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:25 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,672,372 times
Disappointing news..UG White downtown will not be reopening their store after the fire and water damage that occurred earlier this year. Pints and Pixels upstairs has re-opened. UG White statement..

"We at UG White want to thank the great community of Huntsville for your support and concern since the fire and resulting water damage to the store. It has taken time to determine the extent of the damage and required repairs. After carefully considering all of our options we have decided not to reopen the Huntsville store. This was not an easy decision but it has become a necessary one. We want to thank all of our wonderful patrons who supported us and thank the leadership of the City of Huntsville, DHI, and everyone who helped make UG White possible during the past three years. We hope that you’ll come visit our original 101 year-old store in Athens and enjoy what you have come to know and love. Thank you again, Huntsville!"

Old 09-24-2018, 07:16 AM

34 posts, read 88,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Disappointing news..UG White downtown will not be reopening their store after the fire and water damage that occurred earlier this year. Pints and Pixels upstairs has re-opened. UG White statement..

"We at UG White want to thank the great community of Huntsville for your support and concern since the fire and resulting water damage to the store. It has taken time to determine the extent of the damage and required repairs. After carefully considering all of our options we have decided not to reopen the Huntsville store. This was not an easy decision but it has become a necessary one. We want to thank all of our wonderful patrons who supported us and thank the leadership of the City of Huntsville, DHI, and everyone who helped make UG White possible during the past three years. We hope that you’ll come visit our original 101 year-old store in Athens and enjoy what you have come to know and love. Thank you again, Huntsville!"

I hate to hear that, but not surprised. The only time I went into that store was during Christmas time and nobody would be in there. They didn't offer anything that Belk or any other place didn't offer. I also thought that half their store with the candy and country stuff was a waste of space. I hope the same doesn't happen to Roosevelt's across the street, but knowing Huntsville it is just a forgone conclusion.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:07 AM

198 posts, read 253,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadinhsv View Post
I hate to hear that, but not surprised. The only time I went into that store was during Christmas time and nobody would be in there. They didn't offer anything that Belk or any other place didn't offer. I also thought that half their store with the candy and country stuff was a waste of space. I hope the same doesn't happen to Roosevelt's across the street, but knowing Huntsville it is just a forgone conclusion.
It was all hype since day one. Never thought about consistently going inside. Only to go up to Pints and Pixels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area