Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,138,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
If you buy on the low end, J.C. Penney has some quality towels. Personally, I like Ralph Lauren.
I am interested in this thread because I too have had issues with buying towels. I bought towels at JcPenney a year ago. A few months later I noticed the towels had white blotches all over them, like bleach got on them. I figured I had made some sort of laundry mistake. So I bought more and sure enough a couple months later the towels had white blotch spots every where. Now this time I knew I did not get bleach on them. It appears the color simply washes right out. So I have not had good luck with JcPenney towels. I have noticed over the years JcPenney has lost a lot of its quality for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,980 times
Wow, reading this I'm just glad I pretty much still have a lifetime supply of towels I brought over from Australia when I moved. 100% cotton, made in Oz and still thick fluffy and thirsty.

I have to say I did buy half a dozen to tide us over until my stored stuff arived and had the same issues - fraying, threads pulling/snagging and the puckering drove me nuts. They weren't your cheap end of the line towels either. Now they're relegated to cleaning/car towels.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 AM

6,815 posts, read 11,534,335 times
I like www.Linensource.com Pricey, but good towels.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,198,696 times
I bought a ton of towels at JCPenny - Made in the USA.. They have held up for many many years but the only complaint I have with them is they developed bleach splotchs - and I can't figure out why.. i thought maybe it had to do with my toothpaste, hand cream, facial cleanser, even after I get my hair done because my pillow cases from there also developed bleachy splotches. (the Home Collection brand)

My guest towels are from Linens N things - Made in the USA - which have held up marvelously as well as my guest towels from Bed Bath and Beyond - made in India... (Royal Velvet brand - i didn't like these at first because they were so "linty" and wouldn't dry)

Old 07-29-2010, 09:49 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,138,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
I bought a ton of towels at JCPenny - Made in the USA.. They have held up for many many years but the only complaint I have with them is they developed bleach splotchs - and I can't figure out why.. i thought maybe it had to do with my toothpaste, hand cream, facial cleanser, even after I get my hair done because my pillow cases from there also developed bleachy splotches. (the Home Collection brand)
Me too! I thought the same thing that I must have done something to them. Bought more and then even got a new washer and dryer. Same thing happened! I think the dye washes out or something.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:10 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,921,886 times
It all equates to one thing... POOR Quality and being Imported.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:46 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
The Pottery Barn and The Company Store have good towels.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:10 PM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
So if Target and Walmart are the places to avoid, where does one get quality towels?

I just bought at the beginning of the spring bath towels from Khols, they have been washed a lot already and they look great. I bought Chocolate brown and a Taupe color. I am very happy with them, and they absorb water from taking showers really good. They wash well and I use a clothesline and they still come off the line soft.
I do not use fabric softner on towels because then the fibers get coated and do not dry your body well....
LOL, no, I am not a scientist, but thats what my grandmother says, and when it comes to laundry, she is the Queen.... LOL

Go to their website.....

Old 07-20-2014, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,091 times
Is washing sheets and towels together a no-no?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:14 PM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB14 View Post
Is washing sheets and towels together a no-no?

It probably does not really matter, but I am really anal. I only wash towels by themselves, and only wash sheets by themselves, I never mix them.

I did buy 6 cheap hand towls at the junk store for odds and ends in the apartment, and already after the first wash the stitching came out of the binding, fortunetely they were bought for the messy things one does at home, and it is true, you get what you pay for, same thing with the wash rags, I buy the bundles of the cheap ones because we go thru them like water and then I just toss them, so I am OK with that......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating