Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 07:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
wait till they need to fund their own lives... once working they cant walk out and protest and expect to hold a job

picture of poverty on front page to me... torn jeans /no shoes and looking like future thugs

for a generation that wants to portray activism, they arent doing a good job with their body language

taking a lesson from the Intimidation playbook?
If you had actually opened your ears and listened to these kids, you would realize they are very smart, well spoken, controlled, and determined. They will have no problem "funding their own lives" with those attributes.

I realize that a lot of adults are put off by them fighting against a monster we adults created, but, damn, they are accomplishing something that should have been done a long time ago. People forget that these youngsters will be voting in a couple of years, and the politicians who hide behind the NRA better listen or else.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:48 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You fully believe a bunch of 16 y olds are setting all these meetings up?

Call me, I've got some beautiful land in the Everglades for you. I'll even throw in a bridge.
Yes...all a conspiracy...just for you! So what?! We've got the NRA on one side, let's get some equal firepower on the other - you just can't stand it that there may be a sympathetic group against gun violence.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:20 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If you had actually opened your ears and listened to these kids, you would realize they are very smart, well spoken, controlled, and determined. They will have no problem "funding their own lives" with those attributes.

I realize that a lot of adults are put off by them fighting against a monster we adults created, but, damn, they are accomplishing something that should have been done a long time ago. People forget that these youngsters will be voting in a couple of years, and the politicians who hide behind the NRA better listen or else.
Speak for yourself. I am an adult, and I did not create psychotropic drugs and give them to people. Once you won your war with the NRA, and helped to take away someone else's rights, will you be going after fertilizer, matches, various gases and all other things that can be used to create a mass death experience?

Do you really think the sickness will heal itself just because 1 inanimate object has become harder to get?

As for the kids - the shooter kid got his 15 minutes of fame, and now the surviving victims are too. Where is the fame for those that made the ultimate sacrifice? The victims who died.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:30 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Speak for yourself. I am an adult, and I did not create psychotropic drugs and give them to people. Once you won your war with the NRA, and helped to take away someone else's rights, will you be going after fertilizer, matches, various gases and all other things that can be used to create a mass death experience?

Do you really think the sickness will heal itself just because 1 inanimate object has become harder to get?

As for the kids - the shooter kid got his 15 minutes of fame, and now the surviving victims are too. Where is the fame for those that made the ultimate sacrifice? The victims who died.
All of this. Amen. X1000.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:59 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
https:/NowThisPolitics/videos/1977499908948156/

Last edited by foundapeanut; 03-24-2018 at 09:59 AM..

Old 03-24-2018, 09:44 AM

652 posts, read 873,548 times
I am glad someone created this thread. I have one question. Were any of these five kids actually near the active shooter? Or did they take volunteers from the theater crowd of young thespians to take to the stage and speak their minds? How exactly were they selected to speak on behalf of young people today? I have not heard any of them actually speak about their harrowing survival. Did any of them know the kids who were gunned down? A school of 3200 students and America gets to see these five kids on the cover of TIME magazine?

Old 03-24-2018, 09:51 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Thanks foundapeanut - I'd heard about this video from actual service people but hadn't yet seen it - pretty powerful. I am really tired of "gun experts" splitting hairs about how the AR-15 isn't "whatever" so we should hand them out to anyone old enough to walk on two feet.

Last edited by reneeh63; 03-24-2018 at 10:38 AM..

Old 03-24-2018, 09:59 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
This is America and although I would never want to take anyone's freedom of speech away; I find the hypocrisy of this movement sickening. They are blaming everything for this awful act except what is to blame. Political correctness is to blame. Otherwise the young man would have been dealt with and it would never have happened. Same thing happened in Boston with the marathon. Police and law enforcement are being shamed into not doing their jobs so they won't be thought of as mean. Communities are reaping what they are sowing.

Sorry about the deaths but it was not caused by the NRA nor guns. I have never seen a gun shoot without the help of a human.

Last edited by NCN; 03-24-2018 at 10:33 AM..

Old 03-24-2018, 10:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Only authorities should have guns?

The same authorities that cowered in the face of danger?

The same authorities that knew Nikolas Cruz was a violent bridge troll, knew he would kill somebody, and let him, so they could push a disarmament narrative?

The same authorities that reprimanded the SWAT officers that actually changed course so they could help?

Supported by pis-ant arrogant kids (not all the students, I mean the ones who are taking Islamic money to preach the disarmament narrative) who are being sponsored by Dubai?

Those authorities? No.

Not just "no" but, FU-K NO!
I agree 100%

Have you ever noticed when its a bad cop, we are not supposed judge ALL cops due to actions of one or two, but when its a lone gun man, we blame ALL gun owners?!

The people need to be equally armed as Govt/ law enforcement, this is the ONLY way to prevent tyranny from growing or spreading, in other words, authority NEEDS to fear the people, and what the people may do!

Old 03-24-2018, 11:03 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This is America and although I would never want to take anyone's freedom of speech away; I find the hypocrisy of this movement sickening. They are blaming everything for this awful act except what is to blame. Political correctness is to blame. Otherwise the young man would have been dealt with and it would never have happened. Same thing happened in Boston with the marathon. Police and law enforcement are being shamed into not doing their jobs so they won't be thought of as mean. Communities are reaping what they are sowing.

Sorry about the deaths but it was not caused by the NRA nor guns. I have never seen a gun shoot without the help of a human.

This is so true and ad the San Bernadino shooting onto this list where the neighbors knew something was going on but they were concerned that they might be deemed islamaphobes if they called the Police.

All these marches and protests are aimed at the NRA, a President that believes in the Constitution and millions of law abiding gun owners that are deemed part of the problem by the Left.

Has there been a single march or protest aimed at the FBI or other law enforcement agencies that dropped the ball on this and other shootings? Or how about the school system itself that passed the Parkland shooter around instead of alerting authorities that he might be a danger? Were they following orders or trying to be politically correct? How about the kids themselves that basically voted him the most likely to shoot up the school yet their voices were not heard?

This is not a gun problem but a break down in our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates