Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2020, 08:41 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,855,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
1. I'm also glad QT is going to be built there as I and many others hold it in high regard... almost to Buc-ee's level.

2. I really, REALLY hope that they keep this design since not only is it different but it's also built to urban standards. This is going to be in downtown, so this shouldn't be built like every other QT. Having the store part of it on the corner is how it's supposed to be.

3. I guarantee you that Texaco will be gone within a year and a half of this QT opening, or at least getting ready to, and being replaced with something more... useful.

The only thing I hate is that I wish they at least kept a portion of the old Champions Spring building that was there and incorporate it into the design, but I'm fine with this.
It looks to be pretty large inside the QT. Should be some interesting things inside that your average QT will not have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 06:39 PM

119 posts, read 514,949 times
So I have browsed a few pages from the last and I haven't seen this one yet. But here is the plans for a hotel coming to North Fort Worth off of I35W and western center boulevard. It will be next to Rudy's. It was approved last month and the land is being cleared now.
Attached Thumbnails
Fort Worth Development News-smartselect_20191207-053800_adobe-acrobat.jpg   Fort Worth Development News-smartselect_20191207-053901_adobe-acrobat.jpg  

Old 02-10-2020, 09:16 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,940,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrdoeva View Post
So I have browsed a few pages from the last and I haven't seen this one yet. But here is the plans for a hotel coming to North Fort Worth off of I35W and western center boulevard. It will be next to Rudy's. It was approved last month and the land is being cleared now.
That would make sense. I expect the east side of 35 for Alliance to start filling in early this decade.

Old 02-22-2020, 11:01 PM

New renderings for 901 Commerce.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
New renderings for 901 Commerce.

I’m not a fan of anything under 30 stories going up in the heart of downtown. I think Frost Tower looks out of place downtown because it’s so short. Short glass towers have no place in the heart of downtown. Frost tower would have looked a lot better if it was built on the edge of downtown like The Pier 1 building was. I hope they reconsider making this a 30 story tower. Frost Tower is 368ft and this building as is will be 311ft. It’s like the more populated Fort Worth gets the shorter the buildings get.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 02-24-2020 at 08:10 PM..

Old 02-27-2020, 09:56 AM

286 posts, read 384,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
I’m not a fan of anything under 30 stories going up in the heart of downtown. I think Frost Tower looks out of place downtown because it’s so short. Short glass towers have no place in the heart of downtown. Frost tower would have looked a lot better if it was built on the edge of downtown like The Pier 1 building was. I hope they reconsider making this a 30 story tower. Frost Tower is 368ft and this building as is will be 311ft. It’s like the more populated Fort Worth gets the shorter the buildings get.
We are entitled to our opinions, but I whole heartedly disagree with you. This is the type of density the city so badly needs. Prior to Frost Tower Fort Worth had just a few significant skyscrapers, I've come to accept that we will never be Dallas or Chicago in terms of our skyscrapers but any little bit helps our little city. This will look good and bring some much needed "fill" to our city center.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post
We are entitled to our opinions, but I whole heartedly disagree with you. This is the type of density the city so badly needs. Prior to Frost Tower Fort Worth had just a few significant skyscrapers, I've come to accept that we will never be Dallas or Chicago in terms of our skyscrapers but any little bit helps our little city. This will look good and bring some much needed "fill" to our city center.
I wish we could have kept the initial 31 floor idea, but we DO need more infill. Especially on the east side of downtown and that "island of pavement" next to Central Station.

Old 02-27-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post
The mentality of “we will never be” is the type mentality that keeps Fort Worth stuck and why my hometown can’t live up to its full potential. What company would want to move to a place with that type of mentality. It’s a reason why towns like Austin, Nashville, San Jose and even San Antonio are booming economically and Fort Worth is not. Fort Worth has fell behind peer cities due to poor leadership with a “Can’t do attitude”. Frost Tower was under built and the tenants that decided to move in the building already had a Fort Worth zip code.

Old 02-27-2020, 03:42 PM

2,516 posts, read 2,227,903 times
The fact is that Fort Worth is competing with Dallas and now Plano for businesses and our business leaders have done a terrible job of explaining why they should choose Fort Worth over the other local options.

Old 02-29-2020, 11:23 PM

New rendering of proposed Hilton Garden Inn next to Mt. Gilead... looks like the garage is either gone or underground.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth