Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2023, 07:19 AM

132,065 posts, read 12,374,277 times

Advertisements

Pizza
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2023, 08:29 AM

19,755 posts, read 9,675,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmmytunes View Post
Hope you find one. What is a Gali's melon? Never heard of it before.
Hi! I didn’t but I do have other melons.
The Galia looks like a cantaloupe but when you cut into it, resembles more of a honey dew. It does have a slightly sweet taste to it as well. I always put a slight sprinkle of my sea salt on my portion but my spouse does not. I think I got my Galia melon from Martin’s (subsidiary of Giant). Not 100% sure though.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:39 AM

~ Alm. I just saw a YT Just A Dad reviewing the Ninja Creami and sorbet was one of the setting options. I’ve heard of orange sherbet before but up until your posting, I had confused the two. Thought it was same. Now I know, or think I know .

Old 05-26-2023, 10:04 AM

170 posts, read 36,963 times
I had a fried whiting fish dinner from a restaurant in Chesapeake called Pirate's Cove. My cousin's brought it for me, they stopped there while out yesterday. Said it was so good they wanted me to try it also. Portions were bountiful and the taste was excellent. Have leftovers for lunch today also.

Old 05-26-2023, 11:53 AM

12,776 posts, read 9,983,116 times
Default Indonesian Groceries

I am US-born, but my parents were both born in Indonesia, so I love Indonesian food. Just got some Dutch and Indonesian goodies from Peter's Gourmet Market online that I wanted to share the Indonesian items...
https://store.petersgourmetmarket.com/

In the middle is ABC semisweet soy sauce - this has much thicker consistency and much more robust soy sauce flavor than typical soy sauces, and yet it's also smoother, less salty and a little sweet - if you like Asian food, this is the bomb!

Then there are two types of chili relishes (sambals) from Conimex there - the Manis is very mild and slightly sweet, and the Badjak is a little hotter. Both are cooked sambals, with other flavoring ingredients beyond ground chili peppers added... like onion, shrimp paste, ginger, molasses, brown sugar... these too, are the bomb!

Then lastly there is a Conimex spice package for making Beef Rendang, the classic Indonesian spicy beef stew, more easily. The instructions are in Dutch on the back LOL... I will see if I can translate with my iPhone as my Dutch is pretty rough!

P.S. Failed with the iPhone, but typing the Dutch into Google online translator worked fine:
500g (1.1 lb) beef steaks, 300ml (1.25 cups) water, 300g (12 oz by weight) rice.
1: Cut the meat into strips.
2: Heat 2 tbsp wok oil in a frying pan and brown the beef here.
3. Add the bumbu [spice pkg contents] and 300ml water. Bring to the boil while stirring and put the lid on the pan.
4. Simmer on a low heat for approx. 50 minutes. Remove the lid from the pan and let the dish reduce for another 10 minutes until the sauce has the desired thickness.
5. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the preparation method on the package. Serve the Rendang with the rice.

Both ABC and Conimex are longstanding authentic providers of Indonesian specialty grocery items.
Attached Thumbnails
What’s for Dinner-img_0668_edited.jpg  

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 05-26-2023 at 12:25 PM..

Old 05-26-2023, 02:46 PM

Started with these TGIF jalapeño cream cheese poppers with a slight heat of a raspberry sauce to dip into.
One leftover slice of pizza.
Finished the rest of my Coke drink.

I took one of those peppermint Tums - just in case.sometimes that pepper stuff is ok eating but a few hours later, I’m paying the price.

Old 05-26-2023, 02:46 PM

10,075 posts, read 18,211,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I am US-born, but my parents were both born in Indonesia, so I love Indonesian food. Just got some Dutch and Indonesian goodies from Peter's Gourmet Market online that I wanted to share the Indonesian items...
https://store.petersgourmetmarket.com/

In the middle is ABC semisweet soy sauce - this has much thicker consistency and much more robust soy sauce flavor than typical soy sauces, and yet it's also smoother, less salty and a little sweet - if you like Asian food, this is the bomb!

Then there are two types of chili relishes (sambals) from Conimex there - the Manis is very mild and slightly sweet, and the Badjak is a little hotter. Both are cooked sambals, with other flavoring ingredients beyond ground chili peppers added... like onion, shrimp paste, ginger, molasses, brown sugar... these too, are the bomb!

Then lastly there is a Conimex spice package for making Beef Rendang, the classic Indonesian spicy beef stew, more easily. The instructions are in Dutch on the back LOL... I will see if I can translate with my iPhone as my Dutch is pretty rough!

P.S. Failed with the iPhone, but typing the Dutch into Google online translator worked fine:
500g (1.1 lb) beef steaks, 300ml (1.25 cups) water, 300g (12 oz by weight) rice.
1: Cut the meat into strips.
2: Heat 2 tbsp wok oil in a frying pan and brown the beef here.
3. Add the bumbu [spice pkg contents] and 300ml water. Bring to the boil while stirring and put the lid on the pan.
4. Simmer on a low heat for approx. 50 minutes. Remove the lid from the pan and let the dish reduce for another 10 minutes until the sauce has the desired thickness.
5. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the preparation method on the package. Serve the Rendang with the rice.

Both ABC and Conimex are longstanding authentic providers of Indonesian specialty grocery items.
Oh my gosh, thanks for all that! I have been trying new sauces/flavor combos/etc. lately (getting adventurous in my old age, LOL! ) and that Beef Rendang sounds wonderful. I took a quick look at that grocery store and their prices look reasonable -- I will browse some more tonight!

Oh, tonight I had a "soup alternative" (since Friday is normally a soup day for me) -- a big salad with about 2 ounces of tuna added. Iceberg lettuce (love it for its crunch), fresh spinach, carrots, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, a tiny bit of crumbled feta cheese, and plus the tuna (I tried Tuna Creations herb & garlic), about 1/4 avocado, and some fat-free Italian dressing. The salad was totally delicious and quite filling (I saved a bit of tuna for tomorrow morning's breakfast scramble). Kitties were hovering!

Old 05-26-2023, 03:05 PM

52,805 posts, read 48,226,409 times
Tonight: Chicken Express takeout with chicken pieces covering all the bases, sided with Italian green beans and rolls.

Old 05-26-2023, 04:07 PM
bjh

60,403 posts, read 30,593,490 times
Pizza night! Thin crust pepperoni. Strawberry seltzer to drink.

Old 05-26-2023, 04:08 PM

44,070 posts, read 44,864,952 times
Baked salmon, streamed asparagus and cubed sweet potatoes together with water to drink
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink