Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:41 PM

267 posts, read 1,141,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitburgsarah View Post
this is priceless
must you stray so very far from the most direct point!!!!! i am trying so hard to get this accross but my gosh your like a zit on someones a** waiting to be popped
We didnt come here for money who the hell cares about money i certainley dont he was getting a promotion to be trained as the head technician foreman for a new dealership that is opening on the west coast which is for less money then what hes making as a tech.now..in the long run it will be a cushion

Do you need therapy really mr mac whats the deep issue sizzling inside of you... what did a new yorker break your heart ?

Oh, fellow New Yorker, tread carefully here. I had all my posts that defended being a "northerner" deleted.
I guess the moderator is from FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 10:07 PM

17 posts, read 104,052 times
Default New Yorker in Florida

I 100% agree with the first post. Fort myers is just about the most werid and rude place I have ever lived. People can't drive!! , are very very disrespectful, and most are not college educated. I feel like I'm living in a totally different world. There are a lot of very strange events and people here. Everything is soooooo slow. It is nothing like the NYC metro area. I am a Long Islander and eventurally plan to move back to somewhere in ny. I know the east coast of florida is better and plan to move there.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:24 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,195,122 times
Quote:
this is priceless
must you stray so very far from the most direct point!!!!! i am trying so hard to get this accross but my gosh your like a zit on someones a** waiting to be popped
We didnt come here for money who the hell cares about money i certainley dont he was getting a promotion to be trained as the head technician foreman for a new dealership that is opening on the west coast which is for less money then what hes making as a tech.now..in the long run it will be a cushion

Do you need therapy really mr mac whats the deep issue sizzling inside of you... what did a new yorker break your heart ?
Maybe you need to keep a pad next to your computer to keep your stories straight. In one post it is your husband another your boy friend. First you are to be here for three years, now you make it sound like it was just a few months for some training. And what is up with all the name calling?

Old 03-15-2007, 10:27 PM

23 posts, read 84,629 times
so mac guy ready for the next battle i also did my homework

I know what you mean. One of the things I am sure I will not miss is having people screwing with me all the time. I once got written up because I didn't have the numbers on my house correctly. Another time my motor home could not be parked on my property. Another time I had some bricks stacked on the property and they wrote me up for having building materials stored. Out where I am moving just from looking around and talking to a few people it seems people mind their own business. I don't know, maybe it's me, but I just have trouble tolerating fools anymore as I get older and just want to be left alone.

I dont know maybe its just me but are you implying theyre may be fools in florida?

im wiping my hands of your mess in your mind
cant we just be friends? Neutral? wheres the love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Maybe you need to keep a pad next to your computer to keep your stories straight. In one post it is your husband another your boy friend. First you are to be here for three years, now you make it sound like it was just a few months for some training. And what is up with all the name calling?
Husband , boyfriend, lover its all the same we have been together forever
Does this really matter to you?
1 year to train to be exact that is if we are going by the book
So you said you say you want to be left alone or take your own advice and mind your buisness
because i have the same wishes as you
Wont you grant them, sorry if i hurt your feelings thats not why i started this thread, its just been a really long rollercoaster ride and sometimes when you hear other peoples stories when you move to a new place you learn to laugh and to let go
because hey SH** happends RIGHT???

Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
What an incredible state. Really. Y'all left there seem a bit hostile.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:47 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,195,122 times
Quote:
so mac guy ready for the next battle i also did my homework

I know what you mean. One of the things I am sure I will not miss is having people screwing with me all the time. I once got written up because I didn't have the numbers on my house correctly. Another time my motor home could not be parked on my property. Another time I had some bricks stacked on the property and they wrote me up for having building materials stored. Out where I am moving just from looking around and talking to a few people it seems people mind their own business. I don't know, maybe it's me, but I just have trouble tolerating fools anymore as I get older and just want to be left alone.

I dont know maybe its just me but are you implying theyre may be fools in florida?

im wiping my hands of your mess in your mind
cant we just be friends? Neutral? wheres the love?
I live in Fort Lauderdale and it may be worse then you described. I'm leaving in the next few month, I sold the house and they are letting us stay for a while till we can get our affairs in order.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:52 PM

23 posts, read 84,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I live in Fort Lauderdale and it may be worse then you described. I'm leaving in the next few month, I sold the house and they are letting us stay for a while till we can get our affairs in order.
actually i like fort lauderdale it was pretty... not sure what you meant by what you said but im getting the hint that we are now being civil to eachother so goodluck mac

Old 03-16-2007, 07:17 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,370,302 times
Quote:
I am leaving... thankfully.... i am just asking other Northerners who have moved to fl if they have expieranced crazy situations ...So relax...i am not trying to bash your state i am just trying to see if this is a surge of bad luck on my part,wait actually i know its not... because on the news everynight this is the **** they discuss. oh and MR JIM KING why are you complaining about turn signals correct me if i am wrong but that was my first dispute of the roads when i moved here... they told me at work that in the state of florida there is no law for using turn signals.
Bitburgsarah, I WISH we had some characters here in Vero Beach to liven up our days. We moved here two years ago from the Boston area and everything is pretty swell here so far. We had one experience with a tradesman/scam artist but this happens everywhere.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:29 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Bitburgsarah, Florida is not the same all over. I lived in Sarasota for 17 years, and while not QUITE as bad as you describe Ft. Myers, I pretty much felt the same way - rude people, LOTS of crime and danger (we were victims many times) and lots of rude, effete snobs living there - we hated it. We finally got out and moved to our little town north of Tampa and we LOVE it! It's like night and day here. My hubby commutes to Tampa for his job, but it's worth it. And coastal towns I like are St. Pete, Tarpon Springs and St. Augustine.

Good luck with your future decisions!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:04 AM

1,247 posts, read 927,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Southwest Florida has to be "experienced" to comment on.
The post I made about my parents...they live in Fort Myers, Gateway to be exact. They live about a quarter mile from where the Gateway murders took place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida