Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:48 PM

31 posts, read 128,787 times

Advertisements

Bad things happens everywhere, I myself can't wait to enjoy the sunshine
p.s. we're getting another snow storm tonight and tomorrow, about 6-9 inches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 05:52 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,195,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitburgsarah View Post
Seriously.. by the way i love love tennessee if i could i move to the smokies.
What is stopping you? You can do what ever you want, sometimes there needs to be a trade off and some sacrifice. I assume your husband is a Harley mechanic or something, if there is no place to work then he gets a job at Walmart or what ever and you grow your vegetables. Do what you want and stop complaining. Everything that is in Fort Myers was there before you came, you should have done some research.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:50 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,747,514 times
Sounds like you hate Florida. Did you know that the road is paved going back to NY? Set the plans and head back if it was so much better. If you don't then realize you are making consious choice to be here. Take it for what it is.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:37 PM

23 posts, read 84,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Sounds like you hate Florida. Did you know that the road is paved going back to NY? Set the plans and head back if it was so much better. If you don't then realize you are making consious choice to be here. Take it for what it is.
Wow
I guess no one or should i say some floridians didnt understand my question well of course you didnt because it wasnt directed towards you. please...the whining and complaining i am not sorry that i value my life and other peoples lifes ..and think what apparently floridians think is the norm is SO NOT you really think people should sacrifice that i guess you chose for the chemicals to be pumped through your homes walls .. explains alot...also yeah my boyfriend is a master technician how you can compare that position to a walmart position tickles me pink...ignorance is such a shame ... again maybe if i write in capitol letters for you it will sink in...IM NOT BASHING FL .... I JUST WANTED TO HEAR FROM OTHER NEW YORKERS NOT FLORIDA PEOPLE IF THEY HAVE GONE THROUGH SIMILIAR SITUATIONS i could care less what you think about me or new york, if you are a floridian and something crazy happened to you then fine ..reply thanks for your thoughts....also for your information we flew here first for a job interview this was a job transfer move but you cant really know a place until you lived there. Not all of fl is bad ... theyre are some nice places... but this particuliar area is like living in the wild west. Its just insanely morbid here. Its just my opinions and expierances. redwings you said do what you want and all that crap what the hell are you talking about did you even read my first comment my whole reason for this thread.. its not about doing what i want ...its about things that have happend to me.. my gosh what is wrong with you people?

Last edited by bitburgsarah; 03-15-2007 at 08:04 PM..

Old 03-15-2007, 07:42 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,370,302 times
I don't get it. I live in Vero Beach where I'm so safe that I'm bored. Everyone here is old or super educated. If it weren't for the trades people, we'd have nothing to talk about.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:17 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,097,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
I don't get it. I live in Vero Beach where I'm so safe that I'm bored. Everyone here is old or super educated. If it weren't for the trades people, we'd have nothing to talk about.

LOL! I was thinking about the same thing about where I live! The original poster had more excitement in 3 months than I've had in 30 years. Well, THAT kind of excitement anyway.

I've seen several posts on here that were really negative about Ft. Myers. I haven't been there in years, but I thought it used to be a rather nice place. Too bad if it's really changed so much.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:35 PM

75 posts, read 347,958 times
WOW! Sounds like you have had a crazy time bitsburg. Your story reminded me of some of Carl Hiaasen's books. Great reading!
As for the car signals. It is the law to use them, just most people don't. If a cop wants to pull you over or they are profiling they can use it for an excuse.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD101 View Post
WOW! Sounds like you have had a crazy time bitsburg. Your story reminded me of some of Carl Hiaasen's books. Great reading!
As for the car signals. It is the law to use them, just most people don't. If a cop wants to pull you over or they are profiling they can use it for an excuse.
Thanks for letting me know that because i found it really hard to believe that ...also thanks for being kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Hey red wings or should i call you napoleon
i never said new york was better listen if all you people just want to voice your opinions on transplants and being so miserable start your own thread
and stop crashing mine.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:14 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,195,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitburgsarah View Post
Wow
I guess no one or should i say some floridians didnt understand my question well of course you didnt because it wasnt directed towards you. please...the whining and complaining i am not sorry that i value my life and other peoples lifes ..and think what apparently floridians think is the norm is SO NOT you really think people should sacrifice that i guess you chose for the chemicals to be pumped through your homes walls .. explains alot...also yeah my boyfriend is a master technician how you can compare that position to a walmart position tickles me pink...ignorance is such a shame ... again maybe if i write in capitol letters for you it will sink in...IM NOT BASHING FL .... I JUST WANTED TO HEAR FROM OTHER NEW YORKERS NOT FLORIDA PEOPLE IF THEY HAVE GONE THROUGH SIMILIAR SITUATIONS i could care less what you think about me or new york, if you are a floridian and something crazy happened to you then fine ..reply thanks for your thoughts....also for your information we flew here first for a job interview this was a job transfer move but you cant really know a place until you lived there. Not all of fl is bad ... theyre are some nice places... but this particuliar area is like living in the wild west. Its just insanely morbid here. Its just my opinions and expierances. redwings you said do what you want and all that crap what the hell are you talking about did you even read my first comment my whole reason for this thread.. its not about doing what i want ...its about things that have happend to me.. my gosh what is wrong with you people?
I was just going by what you said. You want to live on a mountain and grow your organic vegetables you'all may have to make a few sacrifices. If there are no jobs working on motorcycles Wal-mart may be in the future as long as you are happy. You came here not because you guys always dreamed of living in Florida and looked for your little corner of paradise. You just came here chasing a buck with his new job and now you are sorry. You should have done some research rather then letting chasing a little money dictate your future.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I was just going by what you said. You want to live on a mountain and grow your organic vegetables you'all may have to make a few sacrifices. If there are no jobs working on motorcycles Wal-mart may be in the future as long as you are happy. You came here not because you guys always dreamed of living in Florida and looked for your little corner of paradise. You just came here chasing a buck with his new job and now you are sorry. You should have done some research rather then letting chasing a little money dictate your future.
this is priceless
must you stray so very far from the most direct point!!!!! i am trying so hard to get this accross but my gosh your like a zit on someones a** waiting to be popped
We didnt come here for money who the hell cares about money i certainley dont he was getting a promotion to be trained as the head technician foreman for a new dealership that is opening on the west coast which is for less money then what hes making as a tech.now..in the long run it will be a cushion

Do you need therapy really mr mac whats the deep issue sizzling inside of you... what did a new yorker break your heart ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida