Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 12:22 PM

11 posts, read 150,032 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how many of you have moved to Florida or will be moving. Everyone here in NY knows someone who will be moving there. I too will be moving to Florida in July 06.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2006, 02:52 PM

4 posts, read 20,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2006
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how many of you have moved to Florida or will be moving. Everyone here in NY knows someone who will be moving there. I too will be moving to Florida in July 06.

I am a native Floridian. Where in Florida are you considering??? I was born in Miami and moved to Broward County in my teens and now live in the West Palm Beach area with my husband and children. I know a lot about South Florida. What do you want to know?? Email me at gwise032@mac.com

Old 05-16-2006, 04:35 PM

8 posts, read 51,852 times
Hi. What was it you were wondering about your move? Like Gwise I am also a native Floridian but from the North end of the State. It depends on what you are looking for. There are large bustling towns and small country cities all through the state, just like any other state. Are you looking for beaches and night life, or a more woodsy quite surrounding? Is finding work a concern? I think the only thing we can both tell you is no bitterly cold winters, and NO SNOW!

Old 05-16-2006, 07:17 PM

33 posts, read 231,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2006
Hello Everyone,

I'm actually going to move to FL too. Palm Coast to be exact. I'm havig a house built there. My friend from NY live's down the block from me and he loves it.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:35 AM

12 posts, read 46,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2006 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Not sure how this site works. Moving to Deerfield Beach October 31, 2006. Assume you are already there. Where in Fla. are you? How did your move go?

Last edited by Shrimp; 09-30-2006 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-16-2006, 10:16 AM

156 posts, read 710,921 times
Default Former NY'er

I am a former NY'er that moved to Wellington two years ago and I love it! The area is beautiful, so clean, and very safe. There are tons of things to do, and it feels a lot like home only better. The bad thing is my husbands job is relocating to North Florida, and we have to move in May, I'm sad!! But,you will love this area if you choose it.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:49 PM

628 posts, read 1,833,567 times
Moved here in ’01 just after 9/11 Long Island to Tampa Bay. Won’t go back – been there once for a visit and asked myself why I took so long to leave.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:27 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,959 times
If your coming to the southwest coast of Fla please BRING SOME PIZZA with you ok?

If you don't you'll be very disappointed with this food wasteland. NEVER did I expect anything so bad as Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda . Never. Asian food here is the port fried rice and a sushi bar is Publix.

So bad.

However we DID find an authentic Vietnamese restarant in Bradenton last week. It was very good. Have to drive though

We could easily start a thread on food in Fla......the southeast coast is the best in the state . The sw coast is pathetic. Don't know about the rest. Even Georgia beats SW Fla in the food department. Only place that's worse is western North Carolina. Now that's REALLY bad.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:17 AM

177 posts, read 684,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2006 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I guess we fall into that category. While we are presently living in Lancaster, Pa, we are originally from LI. Moved to Pa when I retired in 1999.
We are going down to Fla ( Ocala area) right after Thanksgiving to investigate the area and plan on moving in Feb. or March to an apartment for at least a year. There are so many places that we want to check out and it is hard to do fromm 1000 miles away.
I agree with Shores9. I had to go back to Long island last week for my niece's wedding and , even though my grandchildren live there, I really don't plan on going back anytime soon.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:20 AM

177 posts, read 684,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
If your coming to the southwest coast of Fla please BRING SOME PIZZA with you ok?

Even here in Pa, the two things I miss from NY are a good NY style pizza and a real cheese danish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida