Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2021, 08:02 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Last year also saw a record high of 18.3C [65F] for the Antarctic continent, Taalas said.>>
A committee for WMO’s Weather and Climate Extremes Archive conducted an extensive review of the weather situation on the Antarctic peninsula at the time of the reported records. It determined that a large high-pressure system over the area created föhn conditions (downslope winds producing significant surface warming) and resulted in local warming at both Esperanza Station and Seymour Island. Past evaluations have demonstrated that such meteorological conditions are conducive for producing record temperature scenarios.

https://public.wmo.int/en/media/pres...ejects-another
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Last year also saw a record high of 18.3C [65F] for the Antarctic continent, Taalas said.>>
...this same "last year"

Oct 2, 2021

The South Pole just had its most severe cold season on record

Vostok plummeted to minus-129

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...winter-record/

=================

...this same last year

October 05, 2021

South Pole froze over in coldest winter on record

Between April and September, a research station sitting on a high plateau in Antarctica, registered an average temperature of minus 78 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 61 degrees Celsius). That's the coldest temperature recorded since record keeping began in 1957, and about 4.5 F (2.5 C) lower than the most recent 30-year average

https://www.livescience.com/south-po...-winter-record

Old 12-14-2021, 12:58 PM

417 posts, read 267,648 times
Quote:
Do this forum's climate change denying knuckleheads even understand that ice melts increasingly rapidly as temperatures rise above freezing? Oh, yeah, when the ice melts, it doesn't sink into the earth, as one poster in this thread seemingly might suggest, but ends up in the oceans resulting in sea level rise.
I just want to know when the sea level rise will reach 26.5 miles West of Jupiter, Florida?
Asking for a friend.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:38 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
An early and unexpected freeze has trapped at least 18 cargo ships in the Arctic Sea off the coast of Russia.

Ice up to 30cm thick has formed across most of the Laptev Sea and East Siberian seas, according to the Barents Sea Observer, a Norwegian news site.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1962883.html

=========

Dozens of ships have gotten stuck in the sea ice of the Russian Arctic due to an earlier-than-expected freeze over the past week, media outlets have reported.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...reports-a75624

======

Two icebreakers are on the way to rescue ice-locked ships on Northern Sea Route
But some of the vessels will have to wait for at least one week before they are released from captivity in the remote Arctic sea-ice.

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/ar...hern-sea-route
Just more climate change denier gobbledygook.

The NOAA's 2021 Arctic Report released today documents the continued warming of the region. Just a few highlights:

<<The Arctic continues to warm more than twice as fast as the rest of the globe....

The Greenland Ice Sheet experienced three extreme melt episodes in late July and August. On August 14, 2021, rainfall was directly observed at the 10,500-foot Summit Station for the first time ever.>>

https://www.arctic.noaa.gov/Report-card

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/14/world...ort/index.html

Most importantly for sea level rise is the warming of Greenland, and the accelerating melt of its massive ice sheet.

<<More strikingly, the data provided by the European Space Agency showed that the ice sheet had lost 3.5 trillion tonnes of ice since 2011, producing enough water to raise oceans globally and put coastal communities at higher risk of flood events.

One-third of the ice lost in the past decade came in just two hot summers—2012 and 2019—the research showed.

The images showed significant annual variation in ice melt and, combined with temperature data, showed that heatwaves were increasingly a major cause of ice loss—above and beyond global temperature rises.>>

https://phys.org/news/2021-11-extrem...ce-global.html

Old 12-14-2021, 01:54 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
13 years ago, Global Scientist Al Gore told us that the North Pole Ice Cap would be completly free of ice in 5 years.
Likely falsehood. My hunch is that this statement is made-up Big Lie climate change denier propaganda, not that it matters one bit as Al Gore is NOT a climate change scientist. Please document your claim, as I can't imagine that Gore was so incredibly ignorant to have made such a claim, just as any knowledgeable person would find your statement that he did so incredulous. Oh, I see you deleted your claim in your post 134 about Al Gore almost as soon as I asked you to document it.... So you did know you were posting a falsehood? Don't you have any shame about posting fiction and claiming it as fact??? Hopefully, in the future, I'll remember not to respond to your posts until it's too late for you to change them.

Any half-ass researcher, which would certainly include Al Gore and his likely research assistants, could easily find the reality of Arctic sea ice decline.

<<Each year, Arctic sea ice expands as the sea surface freezes during the long, dark winter. At its maximum in March, the ice covers nearly the entire Arctic Ocean, almost 6 million square miles. It melts back during summer, reaching its lowest point in September. In July during the 1980s, the ice covered an average of about 3.8 million square miles, roughly the area of the U.S. or Canada.

This July [2020], sea ice covered only about 2.8 million square miles. Since 1979, Arctic sea ice has declined by an average of 27,000 square miles a year, an area the size of North Dakota that melts each year and doesn’t grow back.>>

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...?loggedin=true

Last edited by WRnative; 12-14-2021 at 02:11 PM..

Old 12-14-2021, 03:32 PM

417 posts, read 267,648 times
Quote:
Likely falsehood. My hunch is that this statement is made-up Big Lie climate change denier propaganda, not that it matters one bit as Al Gore is NOT a climate change scientist. Please document your claim, as I can't imagine that Gore was so incredibly ignorant to have made such a claim, just as any knowledgeable person would find your statement that he did so incredulous. Oh, I see you deleted your claim in your post 134 about Al Gore almost as soon as I asked you to document it.... So you did know you were posting a falsehood? Don't you have any shame about posting fiction and claiming it as fact??? Hopefully, in the future, I'll remember not to respond to your posts until it's too late for you to change them.

Any half-ass researcher, which would certainly include Al Gore and his likely research assistants, could easily find the reality of Arctic sea ice decline.

<<Each year, Arctic sea ice expands as the sea surface freezes during the long, dark winter. At its maximum in March, the ice covers nearly the entire Arctic Ocean, almost 6 million square miles. It melts back during summer, reaching its lowest point in September. In July during the 1980s, the ice covered an average of about 3.8 million square miles, roughly the area of the U.S. or Canada.

This July [2020], sea ice covered only about 2.8 million square miles. Since 1979, Arctic sea ice has declined by an average of 27,000 square miles a year, an area the size of North Dakota that melts each year and doesn’t grow back.>>

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...?loggedin=true
From the horses mouth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsioIw4bvzI&t=3s

What are you referring to "deleting a post"? I do no delete posts.
I called Gore a "Global Climate Scientist" in jest. That's called humor, satire. Something the radical left is not capable comprehending anymore, Sorry.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Just more climate change denier gobbledygook.
the only person denying anything is you....

You post about a record high in Antarctica....and avoid the fact it was the coldest winter on record..coldest ever

..you post about a record high temp in Russia...and don't say the Arctic is so cold...the freeze is so early
...18 cargo ships got trapped in the ice...18 ships trapped because this cold is not normal...and it's not normal for that much ice to form this early

The only thing going on is it's too damn cold..........

Last edited by Corrie22; 12-14-2021 at 03:57 PM..

Old 12-14-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
What are you referring to "deleting a post"? I do no delete posts.
I called Gore a "Global Climate Scientist" in jest. That's called humor, satire. Something the radical left is not capable comprehending anymore, Sorry.
...it's all fear-mongering....all of it

Old 12-14-2021, 04:42 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,862,895 times
If the predictions were true, then why are 30 year mortgages being given out and more condos being built along the coast? Usually the folks who live there are democrats or liberals which is ironic.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:56 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
If the predictions were true, then why are 30 year mortgages being given out and more condos being built along the coast? Usually the folks who live there are democrats or liberals which is ironic.
We won't see any real big changes until 70 years out. Once bigger and bigger chunks of ice break off and melt at both poles we will see a rapid rise in sea levels. When i say chunks i don't mean house size i am talking about many county to small state size chunks. And one is ready to break free soon june. So anyone posting in this thread jed will be fine as wine as all should be dead and gone before it really fogs up and all goes downhill jill. Notice this is just another record hot month and they just keep adding up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida