Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2023, 02:58 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
One way the hucksters game the system is to move the heat sensors around to areas that actually are warming up, even if just marginally. Figures lie and liars figure.
Yep... they usta like natural areas for unencumbered values... then they moved to airports with lots of addition heat from asphalt, concrete and jet exhaust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2023, 05:59 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Notice how those pushing this sea level rise, & climate change malarkey the hardest, own;

-multiple large homes...even mansions
-fly commercially or on private jets
-yachts (1 mi./gal.), or take cruises
-gas guzzling cars like Rolls, Bentley's, & Mercedes G-Wagons
-& doublewide Viking refrigerators, & multiple a/c systems per house.

To significantly reduce one's own carbon footprint, one must shed HVAC, appliances, cars, planes, boats, plastics, chinese stuff, & meat.

NONE of them will do so, including the most ardent poster/s on these forums. They avoid the topic.

Old 01-07-2023, 08:24 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Notice how those pushing this sea level rise, & climate change malarkey the hardest, own;

To significantly reduce one's own carbon footprint, one must shed HVAC, appliances, cars, planes, boats, plastics, chinese stuff, & meat.

NONE of them will do so, including the most ardent poster/s on these forums. They avoid the topic.
Look at gore. Like i always say. The man that dwells in marble walls can't high hat me one bit when nature calls.

Old 01-07-2023, 09:36 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Ok..........lets pick this apart: What uses more fuel in its lifetime, the average Rolls Royce or the average Ford? Look at used ones, note the mileage.

What's more efficient a new Viking double fridge in a 10,000 sq ft mansion or 10 fridges in 1000 sq ft old Century village apartments with window shakers a/c units? So lets imagine those 10 retirees each own one car. What uses more fuel, their 10 cars or one rolls royce siting in the 10K sq ft mansion?

Ford made 653,000 F series pickups in 2022.
Rolls Royce has made between 3200-5100 cars a year since 2010. So in the last 12 years the MAX production is 61,200 cars or less than 10% of the F series trucks made annually by Ford.

This is the problem with pointing at numbers and seeing the "culprits"

I'd look at the mansion as 1-2 people owning something that helps the community. Mansion needs workers (lawn/pool/maids/service techs). Taxes on the mansion could be 100K a year, whole buildings at Century Village don't pay 100K a year combined. Mansion owner isn't using the city services as much as Century Village residents do.

I've got a buddy looking to sell his house. WHY? He simply doesn't use it and it costs him 250K a year to keep maintained. Asking price will be 6-7mm. Taxes/insurance/hoa is 125K right off the bat, those numbers will never drop. A lot of those Ft Lauderdale homes are seasonal or vacant, heck the Nascar guy in Harbor Beach owns 5-6 houses on the street. Sure some staff might live there but those places are vacant more often than not.

These homes consume water/electricity but more importantly they contribute huge sums of cash to the local economies/governments without really using the resources (hospitals/schools/libraries etc).

Old 01-07-2023, 12:04 PM

Remember limiting the carbon foot print is INTENDED for most of us, but not for the elites. That should be evident at this point.

Screw that

Old 01-08-2023, 03:53 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Remember limiting the carbon foot print is INTENDED for most of us, but not for the elites. That should be evident at this point.

Screw that
I agree...them first, then I'll consider going back in time to 1865 before cars and electricity in homes.

If the sea level rises 8 feet, I'll have an ocean front property Problem is, I won't be alive 10 Million years from now, to enjoy it.

Recycling, moderating your thermostat setting, buying EV's, ect.. will not reduce your carbon footprint by 80%....sorry. To get to 80%, its tiny homes for all, no cars, no major appliances, no airplane or cruise ship travel, no meat or dairy, no dogs, no pools, no Chinese products, no plastics.

Old 01-08-2023, 05:35 AM

There is but one way to limit your carbon foot print... do less, produce less, use less and have fewer babies.

So I did just the opposite... worked my whole life since I was 11 years old and still busy at 70. Helped build Florida's electrical grid and infrastructure, have 2 homes & a condo, rental property, 'had' 100 acres (sold 90) 3 cars, 2 trucks, multiple dirt bikes and 4 wheelers, owned cattle and horses, own a 23' boat, one RV travel trailer, multiple other trailers, and have 4 children. I'm building another home on my remaining land now, so my son can move into the big house, building a solar array, been on 30+ cruises, so my carbon foot print is substantial.... and that's just the half of it.

You can say I have a full life or accuse me of some made up lazy as* woke BS... I don't freakin' care. I still have a whole lot more livin' to do. May all of your martinis be forever dry. Thank you Gordon Lightfoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieAf1XKdoUk

Old 01-08-2023, 05:51 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
You guys talking about all this carbon stuff are missing the point.....”WE” didn't do it

”WE” have not increased our CO2 emissions in over 50 years...all of global warming

left up to ”WE” CO2 levels would still be 300ppm like it was 50 years ago...and there would be no global warming

for the past 50 years...all of the increase in CO2 has come...directly or indirectly....from China

China increased their CO2 emissions 12 times more...China now emits over 2 1/2 times more than we do

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ederations.png

and at the same time..."WE" have to do something about it.....and China doesn't have to do squat...if that doesn't scream scam...nothing does

Old 01-08-2023, 06:11 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Don't matter what anyone does. The planet will have it's up's and downs like a clown like it has for billions of years. i could beam China to another planet janet and heating will still take place. This scam sam to tax people is nuts.

Old 01-08-2023, 06:38 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlyn View Post
Not a scientist but I think if accurate records and minute details/info were kept for the past thousands, millions of years, one would realize that the earth goes through some very drastic changes, and none of these changes we see today will shock us

Heck, Pangea split up 175 million years ago
That's correct. Back then Florida was a part of Africa and underwater. Only in the last couple of million years has Florida been above sea level. Another words Florida is a land mass that has mostly been underwater. One reason why Florida contains very little if any dinosaur remains.

Last edited by jmking; 01-08-2023 at 07:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida