Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 12:05 PM

18,543 posts, read 18,797,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I was shocked the day I looked in the mirror and noticed my rear had dropped 2 inches and wondered if it was the beginning of the end? I'd seen those women at the mall with the flat backsides, but had not realized they weren't always that way.
you made me laugh there Im always looking at older womens shape and wondering if I look like that to others hahah. hope not.. dont have a saggy bum or flat one YET hahaha.. dont have droopy boobs, but have horrible tops of my arms, hate them..and some crepe skin under my neck area...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 12:11 PM

22,028 posts, read 13,054,832 times
"I'm seeing this on me now and my problem is the comments of "you look tired" that I'm getting from others. No, that's just my face. "Sorry." Reminds me of being teens 20s and comments I would get like "smile!" Or "you look angry." Again, "sorry," that is just my face!! "

MY favorite is, "Are you OKAY???" lol

And I do think menopause is a huge factor... I didn't look much different at 50 than I did at 30, but the hormone shift did a number on me in just a couple of years; how do women get around that one?

Old 01-11-2016, 12:12 PM

79 posts, read 54,066 times
I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Yes, aging is inevitable and it's good to let go of the physical somewhat, but good hair, well-fit clothes, and good basic grooming can soften the blow. I was pretty but self-conscious as a young person. Now that I'm older I'm way more comfortable in my skin and I'm proud that I have stayed strong and fit over the years. My dad is nearing 70 and is still fit with muscle tone wheras my moms side all have more of an apple shape, so I'm glad my body type is more from dad's side. If there were one thing I would change it would be my skin. It has always been imperfect from acne as a kid, and I find that the loss of some fullness makes it look worse than it did than when it was plump in my twenties.

One of my sisters is a few years older and is all aboard the plastic surgery train. She has had a ton of work done and looks a bit weird now. It's her choice and her money, but sometimes I feel sad for her because she always still feels inadequate or ugly despite having the "perfect" look. Still, I do place some blame on certain industries that thrive on creating insecurity. For instance, I was livid when I heard that her plastic surgeon had referred to her natural inner thigh padding as a "deformity". She's a size 2 ffs! So, there is a lot of interest from unscrupulous doctors and the media to skew people's views about what is beautiful so that they can keep making money.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:49 PM

1,038 posts, read 904,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
I agree, no elective pain. It's always funny to see aging celebrities who have been under the knife, because they all have that same look from plastic surgery, as if they all purchased the same mask from a Halloween costume store. Fake, fake, fake!
at least they don't have to spend any money on costumes

Old 01-11-2016, 01:52 PM

1,038 posts, read 904,308 times
Look at it this way

If Priscilla Presley hadve aged naturally, would she still be a beautiful woman? Yes

Is she beautiful now? I doubt anyone can use that word anymore her features are so wrecked

Would Renee Zellweger have made a beautiful older woman? We'll never know but we now know she wont - because she succumbed and again, ruined her face.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:28 PM

48,575 posts, read 34,956,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"I'm seeing this on me now and my problem is the comments of "you look tired" that I'm getting from others. No, that's just my face. "Sorry." Reminds me of being teens 20s and comments I would get like "smile!" Or "you look angry." Again, "sorry," that is just my face!! "

MY favorite is, "Are you OKAY???" lol

And I do think menopause is a huge factor... I didn't look much different at 50 than I did at 30, but the hormone shift did a number on me in just a couple of years; how do women get around that one?

People have always felt abnormally free to comment on me if I look like shyte. I don't know why, probably because it doesn't bother me.

When I walked into the office the receptionist would call me Miss Hawaii, or if a bad day Mrs. Hawaii. It only sucks when you thought you looked pretty good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-11-2016, 02:33 PM

22,028 posts, read 13,054,832 times
LOLOL! Someone said to me once, "Well, you're looking haggard!" Well, THANK YOU.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:09 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,401,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Maybe this should be in the psychology thread, but... Former "beauties," how do you handle the invariable ravages of age?
I am not sure I was ever a "beauty", but I had a nice face. I am not doing well with handling the invariable ravages of age. I did spend up the process by losing 80 pounds. I just am having difficulty adjusting to the wrinkles. I despise them.

People still seem to think I am younger than I am. So that is a plus.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:32 PM

8,058 posts, read 10,658,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I figure by the time things go south I'll be too old to really care. LOL
No you won't, you'll care. That's why you see so many celebrities and people with money with plastic surgery. The thing is, we don't change much on the inside, but our bodies and faces continue to age, and it can be hard to deal with looking in the mirror and seeing someone old when you don't feel that way inside.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:14 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,853,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
No you won't, you'll care. That's why you see so many celebrities and people with money with plastic surgery. The thing is, we don't change much on the inside, but our bodies and faces continue to age, and it can be hard to deal with looking in the mirror and seeing someone old when you don't feel that way inside.
This is very true. And when we are young and looking beautiful we never think that day will come. But it will, it will. Maybe you'll be "too old" to care, but I doubt that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty