Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 06:41 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,921,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Why are you judging though?
What if that were you with A cups? How would you feel then?
Would you still love yourself? I don't think you can answer that one correctly,because you never were an A cup. You haven't walked in that person's shoes.

I was a b cup until I was maybe 19 or 20 and they slowly grew.

It never bothered me. Actually, I had more men after me back then anyways

Of course I would still love myself. There is not correlation between my self-esteem and boobs. The truth is a small piece of that pie may be my femininity which can be mistaken for beauty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 07:17 AM

9,018 posts, read 13,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I was a b cup until I was maybe 19 or 20 and they slowly grew.

It never bothered me. Actually, I had more men after me back then anyways

Of course I would still love myself. There is not correlation between my self-esteem and boobs. The truth is a small piece of that pie may be my femininity which can be mistaken for beauty.
It never bothered you,but to other women who are A cups it does bother them,so they get plastic surgery.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:39 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,328,425 times
Quote:
Why are you judging though?
What if that were you with A cups? How would you feel then?
Would you still love yourself? I don't think you can answer that one correctly,because you never were an A cup. You haven't walked in that person's shoes.
I was between an A cup and a B before I had my eldest kid. I liked my boobs just fine. Never had a BF complain.

After my eldest, I got to keep part of the boobs and wound up with a C cup. Which is unusual, maybe, as I lost every last pound of my pregnancy weight in about 3 months.

I've had 2 more kids since then, and I'm between a D and a DD. I weigh more than when I was 22 (I'm 44 now), but that's okay. I was incredibly thin in my twenties.

I sorta yearn for my smaller chest. Less to haul around. Ultimately, I'm accepting of it. I once considered a reduction. I'd rather not have the scars, though.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
It never bothered you,but to other women who are A cups it does bother them,so they get plastic surgery.
I understand why flat-chested women (totally flat) get implants. I have a close girlfriend who is an A cup (a larger A cup) and she's never had a problem finding men, though.

With jobs.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:13 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,592,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I wouldn't choose plastic surgery over an education. But why not get both?
I agree with this. Unfortunately, we live in a society that worships youth and beauty. While it's true that pretty people have an advantage, looks fade. However, you can use them to get a toe hold in the business world but you'd better have something to back it up as your looks fade.

I'm 53 and looking for work in engineering and you'd think I'm all spent and used up the way I'm treated. I'm thinking about getting a face lift because I know the part of the problem is I live in a society that sees older people as useless. It doesn't seem to matter that I graduated at the top of my class and I have 17 years of experience. Apparently, one loses their brain when they turn 50, at least that's the way I'm treated.

I would go for both if you can afford it. If you can't afford both go for the degree. As much as our society worships youth and beauty, they're also in love with new degrees. A new degree puts you at an advantage for finding work. Of course, it does not hurt being young and pretty.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:04 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,793,094 times
Quote:
You get the home,money from the joint bank account,and alimony.
Sounds nice to me.
Ha, you wish. The kind of man who has money and chases after pretty little plastic chicks are the kinds who either have you sign a prenup or they don't marry you at all, they just buy you nice things and give you a home until they're done with you.

And is your greatest ambition really just to be a leech? Do you think so little of yourself?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,141,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
In regards to the guy saying fake racks really do help women get good men. He dated two women with fake racks and he was making 6 figures at the time.

Give me a break. 6 figures is not special enough to correlate with gold diggers and boob jobs. If a gold digger/plastic hot tranny mess is aiming for a guy who makes 100,000 I pity her.

In Boston the average salary is 80,000 and thats including 50% of the city that does not hold degrees.

Let's get a couple things straight:

First; the other poster: I wasn't saying i expected a trophie... I was making a comment (and I've dated more than 2....

Oddly not all of them were the size of the "little D's"
Ms "natural beauty"... Don't think the not so subtle comments about it helping 'unatractive women' went unnoticed!

I WAS saying from a guys perspective (even one who admits to being less attracted to "fronts" than "backs"...
Even with those of us who are educated, in decent shape, decent jobs etc...

It helps. Full stop, end of story.

Oh, and as for income being relative: I'm talking about in a city where a nice gated apartment is $600/month

Old 08-04-2012, 10:20 AM

^^I've never said looks can't be helpful. In some situations, they are. But, they can also be a detriment. I'm sure there are people who are more hesitant to hire a very attractive person. For a variety of reasons.

Ditto marrying one. I just don't see how putting all one's eggs in the "pretty" basket is necessarily the best option for a happy, financially secure life.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:08 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,141,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
^^I've never said looks can't be helpful. In some situations, they are. But, they can also be a detriment. I'm sure there are people who are more hesitant to hire a very attractive person. For a variety of reasons.

Ditto marrying one. I just don't see how putting all one's eggs in the "pretty" basket is necessarily the best option for a happy, financially secure life.

All ones eggs: Absolutely.

But as I recall the OP is already a nurse.

I'm not advocating 'body modifications'... can't see ever getting 'something done' myself... but I can be honest enough to look into my past and do an honest evaluation.

And goodlooks are a detriment like there's a bad side to being a millionaire. Sure it creates it's own set of issues, but...

I've never been a millionaire, but when I enlisted a Pvt in the Marine Corps made $999 a month before taxes! I've had that, and I've had the income where I took a girl out to a $250 dinner (Pre drinks)and did not care a bit.

My last job I did a fair % of the hiring. One of the owners had a rule: If i hired a woman she HAD TO BE hot. We really got into it a couple times because there were a couple EXCELLENT people who didn't pass his 'hotness scale'... I think it's fair to say the company suffered. (One of the other owners couldn't of minded... he dated one of his employees, she got a instant raise, and her hours became VERY flexible!

Just sayin... It helps

Old 08-04-2012, 01:38 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,921,779 times
There is nothing some gym time, good make-up, and a pair of heels won't fix

guywithnoname: What would you think if men were the ones getting plastic surgery by the millions, starting threads like this on message boards, "I'm so ugly, I need plastic surgery so I can marry a middle class woman and if I divorce her keep half of her assets"

Or if your best buddy was having lunch with you and started to talk in a self-pitying tone, seeming like he is about to cry "Do you think she won't want me because my XYZ is too small? What do you think of XYZ jobs? I want to do it, but what if it comes out bad!"

Perhaps as a part of the sex that is not inflicted with this mass body dimorphism it's hard to understand. But wouldn't you think it odd if half the men you knew under 40 had implants below the waist, pec implants, and/or calve implants?

It is certainly less than half where I live now, but back in Florida is seemed to be solid 50/50 natural vs plastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty