Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2012, 05:16 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,002,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepwater88 View Post
After reading more posts I've come to the conclusion that the OP sounds very immature. And yes, I'd rather EARN my OWN money than mooch off some guy. But then again I have morals and I'm not all that materialistic, so maybe that's what differentiates us.
I think that there are many talented people in many fields.
I would opt for the education but -
I have always worked for companies that are household names and I have NEVER been in one in which a number of women slept their way into a management position.
That may sound horrible.
It IS horrible.
But, it is my life as I have observed it.

I had to quit a job because that was my price for a promotion.

To each her own.
I don't know the situation that the OP is in, and I won't make that decision for her.

Every woman wants to feel loved.
If the OP considers her appearance her biggest defect, then she should go for it.

Ok, since you are in the field, do you know a surgeon who you would trust with your face?
Some jobs come out looking as though they could have been done better.

Last edited by goldengrain; 09-16-2012 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM

18 posts, read 19,564 times
You're an idiot. Plastic surgery doesn't cure stupidity.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:40 PM

9,018 posts, read 13,874,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
You sound like you want a reasonable start. What goals would you like to achieve with the rhinoplasty? Fat grafting is also making a lot of advances.
I just want to make it less bulbous. I don't want a European looking nose.
I also want fat grafting for the eye hollows and hooded eyes.
That's what night shifts do to the eyes.
Plus,as we age, the forehead fat starts thinning,so if you look at people 40+,you can see their brow bones.

I did talk to the dermatologist,and I might try Sculptra for the forehead and for the eye area try Juvederm.
I googled Restylane and I didn't even know you can use that stuff to contour the nose too.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUGLY View Post
You're an idiot. Plastic surgery doesn't cure stupidity.
Right....because you say so.

In any event,I stated my goals are to look NORMAL.
I'm not trying to look exceptionally beautiful,just normal.
I don't have any deformities,but I'm tired of people being taking aback at my face.
Some act like they are scared when I'm talking to them.
Some people think I'm always sad or mad,when I'm perfectly fine.
Its like I have a permanent scowl or frown,but I don't. You don't know how it feels to have people make accusations about you because people think you are sad all the time.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I just want to make it less bulbous. I don't want a European looking nose.
I also want fat grafting for the eye hollows and hooded eyes.
That's what night shifts do to the eyes.
Plus,as we age, the forehead fat starts thinning,so if you look at people 40+,you can see their brow bones.

I did talk to the dermatologist,and I might try Sculptra for the forehead and for the eye area try Juvederm.
I googled Restylane and I didn't even know you can use that stuff to contour the nose too.
I was thinking of getting facial surgery.
Some cosmetic surgeons don't do Botox and similar products.
I was thinking of fuller lips, too, but probably want to start with something temporary, like Botox, until I feel that the administrator got it right, before going on to something permanent.

Just be careful that the people you deal with are reliable. Be wary of discounters. You know that.

You've probably seen these:

http://health.usnews.com/top-doctors...in-new-york-ny
http://nymag.com/nymetro/health/best...y/2003/n_9284/

Last edited by goldengrain; 09-23-2012 at 05:53 PM..

Old 09-23-2012, 08:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,127,444 times
lip injections always look bad

Old 09-24-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
lip injections always look bad
I don't think so, but I think a lot of women get it overdone. As you age your lips get thinner, as does your skin in general.

I know Joy Behar gets injections, but to me she looks natural because it's not overdone.

I think the people who we notice the most with facial work are the ones that it did not turn out too well on. There are people who do look very natural, only with more harmonious features, and younger - not so tired.

Things like a big nose and double chin are inherited. Well, unless you're really overweight.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:50 PM

141 posts, read 285,217 times
Translation of the title of this thread: should I get *a real job* or should I prostitute myself in a fake marriage?

Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelesdowntownchick View Post
Translation of the title of this thread: should I get *a real job* or should I prostitute myself in a fake marriage?
You must have poor reading skills.
I repeatly stated I'm ALREADY an Rn. I was just thinking If I should go further and get a higher degree or not.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:20 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,923,089 times
did you end up making a decision? Whats the update?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty