Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 02:40 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,408,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I didn't see where he said anything chauvanist or narcisstic.
To be honest,I think 98% of the male population thinks like he does.
Of course. Then again you also put plastic surgery ahead of getting an education
so you can mooch off a man. I rest my case.

Perhaps you two should hook up (after your surgery, of course).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 03:32 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,435,452 times
Quote:
You get the home,money from the joint bank account,and alimony.
Sounds nice to me.
Exactly. Take the money and run...That's what all these ex-trophy-wives do.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:45 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,141,970 times
Quote:
You get the home,money from the joint bank account,and alimony.
Sounds nice to me.
Right. You sound like you need more than just academic education. You probably should just get the surgery... Sounds like it's your best bet. So hurry up & do it.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:13 PM

9,018 posts, read 13,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Right. You sound like you need more than just academic education. You probably should just get the surgery... Sounds like it's your best bet. So hurry up & do it.
add qwerty

I think people aren't getting what I'm trying to say.
Some on here were saying "if you marry a man with money,he will trade you when your looks fade for a younger woman".
What I merely pointed out was that they still are going to be in a better position than an unattractive woman who doesn't even have a husband in the first place.
Plus,many men without money trade their wives for younger ones too. Except the ex wife ends up with nothing.

I always said I'm trying to attract a middle or working class man on my level. I never mentioned a rich man.
Even poor and working class men focus on looks,and just as much as rich ones do.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Of course. Then again you also put plastic surgery ahead of getting an education
so you can mooch off a man. I rest my case.

Perhaps you two should hook up (after your surgery, of course).
I actually make as much as he does. I make $100,000 but I also work 70 to 80 hrs a week.
I'm not in any way trying to mooch off a man,as I want a man that's working class.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,921,779 times
Quote:
add qwerty

I think people aren't getting what I'm trying to say.
Some on here were saying "if you marry a man with money,he will trade you when your looks fade for a younger woman".
What I merely pointed out was that they still are going to be in a better position than an unattractive woman who doesn't even have a husband in the first place.
Plus,many men without money trade their wives for younger ones too. Except the ex wife ends up with nothing.

I always said I'm trying to attract a middle or working class man on my level. I never mentioned a rich man.
Even poor and working class men focus on looks,and just as much as rich ones do.

Really? Throughout the whole thread you have been saying that plastic surgery is a wiser investment than higher levels of education.

You have even stated that a woman is better off as a beauty without a high school diploma than a well-educated woman who is average or below average looking.

I don't have any issues with you, and I hope you got what you needed out of this thread but perhaps it is you who has been the expressing the most misogynistic viewpoints in this thread.

I know...it sounds harsh...but think about it for a second. Do you have issues with women in general (ex:no female friends, feeling uncomfortable around other women, being much harder on other women than men, etc.)

In all seriousness, is a middle class income in the NY/NJ area around 100,000?

because I now the COL is high there..

here its hard to tell...but your lucky if you can find a studio for $1,000 that isn't in a basement here in Boston

Old 08-05-2012, 05:53 PM

[quote=Pear Martini;25499443]Really? Throughout the whole thread you have been saying that plastic surgery is a wiser investment than higher levels of education.

You have even stated that a woman is better off as a beauty without a high school diploma than a well-educated woman who is average or below average looking.

I don't have any issues with you, and I hope you got what you needed out of this thread but perhaps it is you who has been the expressing the most misogynistic viewpoints in this thread.

I know...it sounds harsh...but think about it for a second. Do you have issues with women in general (ex:no female friends, feeling uncomfortable around other women, being much harder on other women than men, etc.)[/QUOTE

I would say 100,000 Is middle-middle class in Nj.
The average home price is $240,000. Renting a studio(a decent,safe one) will cost 1200.
Car insurance 220 a month.

I don't have female friends,as they all love to judge and rub it in my face how unattractive I am. Very judgemental.
My Mom and sisters do it too. As I stated earlier,they walk up ahead of me when we shop together.
It seems people in my family give more compliments to well dressed people rather than people with educational accomplishments.

They are quick to tell someone "oh,you lost weight,you look great".
When I got my nursing license,nothing.
People are more likely to compliment you on appearance than educational acheivements.

Last edited by jerseygal4u; 08-05-2012 at 06:05 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Really? Throughout the whole thread you have been saying that plastic surgery is a wiser investment than higher levels of education.

I know...it sounds harsh...but think about it for a second. Do you have issues with women in general (ex:no female friends, feeling uncomfortable around other women, being much harder on other women than men, etc.)

In all seriousness, is a middle class income in the NY/NJ area around 100,000?

because I now the COL is high there..

here its hard to tell...but your lucky if you can find a studio for $1,000 that isn't in a basement here in Boston

Sorry,in the bolded I should have added "financially".

Old 08-05-2012, 06:34 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,921,779 times
[quote=jerseygal4u;25499496]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post

I know...it sounds harsh...but think about it for a second. Do you have issues with women in general (ex:no female friends, feeling uncomfortable around other women, being much harder on other women than men, etc.)[/QUOTE

I would say 100,000 Is middle-middle class in Nj.
The average home price is $240,000. Renting a studio(a decent,safe one) will cost 1200.
Car insurance 220 a month.

I don't have female friends,as they all love to judge and rub it in my face how unattractive I am. Very judgemental.
My Mom and sisters do it too. As I stated earlier,they walk up ahead of me when we shop together.
It seems people in my family give more compliments to well dressed people rather than people with educational accomplishments.

They are quick to tell someone "oh,you lost weight,you look great".
When I got my nursing license,nothing.
People are more likely to compliment you on appearance than educational acheivements.
Sounds about the same as the Boston area. I'm sorry people have treated you that way...it sounds like they are the ones with issues not you. I have an aunt who walks ahead of me when we go out together. That's why I don't go out with her anymore.

When I asked her why she said "I don't want people to think I'm with a blondie" and even after I dyed my hair dark brown she still would. I think she doesn't want people to think I'm her daughter. I don't give a darn though...most of the family has cut off contact with her because of her extreme narcissism and even money stealing ways.

She actually flew to the country where her mother/my grandma lives to ask for her inheritance

When Grandma refused...this aunt began to hate Grandma and they don't contact each other anymore.

I guess I could have said it in fewer words but generally family who treats you like **** for no reason is toxic...it's too bad it's your mom and sister because if they were cousins or aunts I would cut them out of my world.
Quote:
Sorry,in the bolded I should have added "financially".

seems right

Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,325,033 times
OP? Have you ever talked to a therapist about your issues surrounding your appearance?

I'm amazed that one's family would actually snub one in public for not having a perfect face, breasts, etc.

Being dirty, unkempt, even (sadly) obese?

Maybe.

Those last three can be fixed with showers, a shopping trip, and some good eating/exercise habits.

Anything you can't help, yet get teased about to the extreme by your family is just very sad. And highly inappropriate of them.

If you've not seen a therapist about this, please do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty