Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 03:52 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
Okay so my dad helping show Saudis how to purify water for drinking was not a good reason for us to be over there? In the 80's Saudi was a 3rd. world country. They need help with things we take for granted like potable water, sewage treatment, electricity, phone lines. So it was our fault that we chose to help the Saudis? We should have said no sorry continue to live with out the basics and keep on being a 3rd world country? You people are so pathetic. You can not have it both ways. It is our fault that they had the oppurtunity to bomb us but had we not helped then would we not be heartless?
Are we talking about oil rich Saudi Arabia? The country which is slowly buying us with soveriegn wealth fund money? The Saudi Arabia we are begging for more oil? This is not the 80's anymore and now the shoe appears to be on the other foot and we need to modify are agenda and begin to show them some respect as we go about our daily lives.

Last edited by TuborgP; 07-05-2008 at 04:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 03:53 PM

351 posts, read 337,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Somebody needs a chill pill.
No the world just needs to get rid of idiots like you and then ther would be no reason for any type of pills. How about it feel like do us all a favor?

Old 07-05-2008, 03:59 PM

Wow, I feel threatened and under attack. Is there a moderator available?

Old 07-05-2008, 04:01 PM

351 posts, read 337,123 times
Quote:
Are we talking about oil rich Saudi Arabia? The country which is slowly buying us with soveriegn wealth fund money? The Saudi Arabia we are begging for more oil? This is not the 80's anymore and now the shoe appears to be on the other foot and we need to modify are agenda and begin to show them some respect as go about our daily lives.
Wow now you might be talking some sense. Funny how years of trying to pacify a nation will get you no where. We helped find the oil in Saudi in the 50's we helped drill it we helped run the company -ARAMCO - until the 90's an American sat on the board and now here we are today. 15 Saudis were involved in 9/11 and the Saudis don't know if they can produce anymore oil to help lower prices.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
oh I can read. can you? well, if you are from new york, it's doubtful. the thread topic was about obama. then you stated something about mccain because you are a troll. you also assumed that I would care what you said about the GOP. I am a libertarian who would never vote for a republican.
Yes you are a libertarian and a good poster. Now about that rhetorical beer.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:08 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,860,358 times
hey hey, I am a libertarian, but I am not assaulting anyone!

Quote:
Yes you are a libertarian and a good poster. Now about that rhetorical beer.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
hey hey, I am a libertarian, but I am not assaulting anyone!
I tried to give you another safety point but I need to spread them around to more conservatives it said.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:22 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,860,358 times
haha, thanks my friend. remember, I am only fiscally conservative!

Quote:
I tried to give you another safety point but I need to spread them around to more conservatives it said.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:03 PM

27,217 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Quote:
now I've heard it all. guess the convention center isn't large enough so he is considering a stadium. I guess my question is this: how pathetic are people? ok, a vote I understand, but to actually go to rallies and speeches just so desperate to FOLLOW someone, I don't understand. what a bunch of mindless zombies.

Political Radar: Obama Considering Larger Denver Stage
I have heard Obama having a crowd of 75,000 people....but what they left out was that a pop concert was given and the crowd was for the concert and Obama came by and gave a speech......some things are different than projected by CNN and his website!!!

Why is the Obama campaign complaining about sound pieces taken out of txt, same here, they just do the same to let the people think he is so populair.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
this whole thread is sidetracked, thanks to captain troll-a lot. the question I have is, does anyone else think that it's sad that this many people are so desperate to follow someone, that they would go listen to the empty words of a politician? is the the state of this country?
This "stadium" speech is a carefully contrived photo-op for Obama. With 70,000 "fans" it will give the appearance that he is unstoppable and a foregone conclusion. They will use this kind of contrived media opportunity to convince the opposition they have no chance - just look at the crowd he pulls in, they will say, the people love him, they will say.

The minute they announced this, I understood it for what it is. The fawning media will go gaga over this, they will proclaim he cannot be denied the presidency, they will say "how in the world can McCain win". They will try to use it to deflate and depress the republican/conservative voters.

Meanwhile - the truth is the dems/libs have done it again...nominated an unelectable far-left liberal that will lose again.

Obama is all about staged backdrops, contrived media events, perceptions and appearances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections