Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:04 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times

Advertisements

Amazing Obama how sweet the words
That saved a wretched government like ours
We once were lost but now we're saved.

Can you imagine the magic listening to thousands on thousands singing

The moment we first BELIEVED
Yes the magic of change and political grace and salavation for our government sung by thousands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 02:08 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
I don't know how much seating mccain will need, but he's gonna need wheelchair access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Empty words to one person is enrichment to the soul of another. Do you really think a sinner happy with their existence finds Amazing Grace as moving as person who accepts believes and understands? No!

Thus it is with Obama when you disect his message you either come up empty or full. It is all within you to accept or reject. Thus he may need a stadium for the many who want to accept and hear first hand. Now how much seating does Senator McCrain need for his acceptance speech?

Old 07-05-2008, 02:10 PM

Twas government that taught my heart to fear
And Government my fears will be relieved
How precious did that comfort appear
The hour I first BELIEVED

Man it will be beautiful in the stadium simply beautiful.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:19 PM

351 posts, read 337,188 times
Obamanation needs the extra space because he thinks there are 58 states in our union. Yep back on May 18th he told a reporter "I've been in 57 states one left to go." Check it out on youtube. So I guess with those extra eight states he must have a lot of imaginary votes. One would think that if he is on the ballot in these extra eight states, as he did campaign in them and McCain did not, that he would have more than a 5% lead in the polls. Guess those extra eight states thought the motto of
"Change 'cuz that's all you'll have left when Obama is thru" was true.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Amazing Obama how sweet the words
That saved a wretched government like ours
We once were lost but now we're saved.

Can you imagine the magic listening to thousands on thousands singing

The moment we first BELIEVED
Yes the magic of change and political grace and salavation for our government sung by thousands.
Are you kidding me the guy doesen't even know how many states are in his union. He doesn't know what Memorial Day is as demostrated in this speech given this year on Memorial Day "‘On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.’" Now unless the guy has a sixth sense and can see dead people - Memorial Day is to honor those who have paid the ultimate price with their life. How can he see them in the audience? This is the man who should be the commander in cheif of our armed forces I believe there will be a mass exodus. He lied about his American uncle liberating Auschwitz Yeah would have been the Soviet Army who did that but go on Obamanation take the credit. Obama wants to negotiate with Ahmadinejad okay let me know how that works out. Does anyone remember 1980 when our US embassy was taken hostage for almost a year in Iran? I do I lived in Saudi Arabia then and it was scary. Carter was the president then and with in hours of Reagan taking office the hostages were released. Something to be learned there. History is so important let's all learn from it and elect Republicans. Obama and most liberal democrates are a joke terrorism has gone on long before Bush and will continue until all us infidels are dead or we stand up and defend ourselves.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
Are you kidding me the guy doesen't even know how many states are in his union. He doesn't know what Memorial Day is as demostrated in this speech given this year on Memorial Day "‘On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.’" Now unless the guy has a sixth sense and can see dead people - Memorial Day is to honor those who have paid the ultimate price with their life. How can he see them in the audience? This is the man who should be the commander in cheif of our armed forces I believe there will be a mass exodus. He lied about his American uncle liberating Auschwitz Yeah would have been the Soviet Army who did that but go on Obamanation take the credit. Obama wants to negotiate with Ahmadinejad okay let me know how that works out. Does anyone remember 1980 when our US embassy was taken hostage for almost a year in Iran? I do I lived in Saudi Arabia then and it was scary. Carter was the president then and with in hours of Reagan taking office the hostages were released. Something to be learned there. History is so important let's all learn from it and elect Republicans. Obama and most liberal democrates are a joke terrorism has gone on long before Bush and will continue until all us infidels are dead or we stand up and defend ourselves.
Ok, have you checked your basement to make sure a cell isn't operating out of it? I have read they have infiltrated our neighborhoods and even as we type are looking thru keyholes taking notes and logging key strokes.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Ok, have you checked your basement to make sure a cell isn't operating out of it? I have read they have infiltrated our neighborhoods and even as we type are looking thru keyholes taking notes and logging key strokes.
Just like a lib to laugh about American lives being lost and threatened. Have you ever had Iran launch bombs at you just because you were born in America? I have! It is not fun and it is not a joke! I lived in Saudi just across the Arabian Gulf. Ever hear of the Khobar tower bombing that was 20 minutes from my house. Have you ever lived on an emergency evacuation plan - you have half an hour to get to the airport with one bag you have no idea where you are going until the plane lands at the new airport and then you will be sequestered for the 48 hours when a flight to the states can be arranged. Of course during this trip you have no passport, no visa, no papers the reason for being sequestered.There was no time to get the passports before the bomb that was launched hits. You see in Saudi you have to turn your passports over to the goverment upon your arrival. Still think it's funny still want to make jokes jackass.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:26 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,170,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
Just like a lib to laugh about American lives being lost and threatened. Have you ever had Iran launch bombs at you just because you were born in America? I have! It is not fun and it is not a joke! I lived in Saudi just across the Arabian Gulf. Ever hear of the Khobar tower bombing that was 20 minutes from my house. Have you ever lived on an emergency evacuation plan - you have half an hour to get to the airport with one bag you have no idea where you are going until the plane lands at the new airport and then you will be sequestered for the 48 hours when a flight to the states can be arranged. Of course during this trip you have no passport, no visa, no papers the reason for being sequestered.There was no time to get the passports before the bomb that was launched hits. You see in Saudi you have to turn your passports over to the goverment upon your arrival. Still think it's funny still want to make jokes jackass.
Excuse me, but if you weren't over there, they couldn't have launched bombs at you. Perhaps the actions that lead to you being there had more to do with it than the soil your feet first touched.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Excuse me, but if you weren't over there, they couldn't have launched bombs at you. Perhaps the actions that lead to you being there had more to do with it than the soil your feet first touched.
Okay so my dad helping show Saudis how to purify water for drinking was not a good reason for us to be over there? In the 80's Saudi was a 3rd. world country. They need help with things we take for granted like potable water, sewage treatment, electricity, phone lines. So it was our fault that we chose to help the Saudis? We should have said no sorry continue to live with out the basics and keep on being a 3rd world country? You people are so pathetic. You can not have it both ways. It is our fault that they had the oppurtunity to bomb us but had we not helped then would we not be heartless?

Old 07-05-2008, 03:49 PM

Somebody needs a chill pill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections