Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:32 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,705,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Who said your taxes are paying for the Democrat's free convention food? Anyway if you make less than about 112,000 a year, Obama's tax plan will save you more money:
YouTube - The Numbers: Obama vs McCain on Taxes - Watch This!
That is just the start, that number will creep down to 80K when he realizes that he cant pay off the debt by only taxing those who make over 112K. He has no economic sense.

I make more than that. Wife ~ 110K, Me~170K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 10:33 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,617,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Im really excited about seeing my taxes go up.....
probably to pay for all the free food for all these poor Democrats their inviting.
Why don't you address the issue? Always getting side tracked with unrelated clutter.

Bush is poison for Republicans - there are other election races across the country & President Bush isn't being asked to speak. When has that ever happened? A sitting president asked to stay hidden out of sight.

Republicans are going underground it is so bad.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:34 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,257,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
now I've heard it all. guess the convention center isn't large enough so he is considering a stadium. I guess my question is this: how pathetic are people? ok, a vote I understand, but to actually go to rallies and speeches just so desperate to FOLLOW someone, I don't understand. what a bunch of mindless zombies.

Political Radar: Obama Considering Larger Denver Stage
What's pathetic is McCain's anemic support and the disinterest and apathy plaguing the GOP. That's pathetic.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:36 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
this whole thread is sidetracked, thanks to captain troll-a lot. the question I have is, does anyone else think that it's sad that this many people are so desperate to follow someone, that they would go listen to the empty words of a politician? is the the state of this country?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:37 AM

what does this have to do with me, or the topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
What's pathetic is McCain's anemic support and the disinterest and apathy plaguing the GOP. That's pathetic.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:39 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,618,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Well, there are over 4,000 delegates. Republicans only have 2,500 or so. And they need room for all the brainless idiots who can afford to take a week off work to go scream while he says nothing of substance.

And remember, there is free food. Where there is free food, there is a Democrat.

LOL

Free food will bring them in by the truckoads. Then they can let them stay all night for free and destroy the building too.

Dems are all about free and all they need to do it say " get your free hot dogs here" and they will get out of their chair and away from their wide screen and go.

I am already starting on a plan to counter the new taxes Obama is going to hit us with, should I count on paying 10% more?------hahh with him it will be an additional 30%.

You gotta remember something, ever go to a carnival like place where they have greasy food served by a tootless lady and a man with a piggy tail? Well, this convention will be like that, free food, free nights stay, there will be doctors on duty for all the free healthcare and you will be able to pick up vouchers to steal others money, as long as you vote for Obama everything will be free!!!

Do you really think there are 45,000 brainless liberals that would go see this man congratulate John McCain?

For some reason people cannot grasp that Obama has went down hill recently ever since people have realized what a phony liar he is.

Obama the tax monger is coming to a wallet near you!

Old 07-05-2008, 10:40 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,439,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Why don't you address the issue? Always getting side tracked with unrelated clutter.

Bush is poison for Republicans - there are other election races across the country & President Bush isn't being asked to speak. When has that ever happened? A sitting president asked to stay hidden out of sight.

Republicans are going underground it is so bad.
In Washington state, gubernatorial challenger Dino Rossi chose “GOP party” rather than “Republican” and the Republican candidate for insurance commissioner is running with no party label at all. Bush is poison all right.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
this whole thread is sidetracked, thanks to captain troll-a lot. the question I have is, does anyone else think that it's sad that this many people are so desperate to follow someone, that they would go listen to the empty words of a politician? is the the state of this country?
The trouble with you're argument is that you & Republicans would be thrilled if McCain have gatherings of that kind of support. In other words would you call McCain's supporters as "desperate" if they want to see him & listen to his words?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
In Washington state, gubernatorial challenger Dino Rossi chose “GOP party” rather than “Republican” and the Republican candidate for insurance commissioner is running with no party label at all. Bush is poison all right.
Republicans don't even use "GOP" in LA [there isn't any identifying information except "conservative" - but it has been like that even before Bush became president.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 AM

I would call them pathetic, yes. me and republicans? what does one have to do with the other? I would never vote for mccain, he's an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
The trouble with you're argument is that you & Republicans would be thrilled if McCain have gatherings of that kind of support. In other words would you call McCain's supporters as "desperate" if they want to see him & listen to his words?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections