Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 07:16 AM

2,986 posts, read 2,002,822 times

Advertisements

02/25/2016 Updates:
- Oregon is removed due to insufficient recent polling.
- Several TX polls just came out and show Hillary leading by huge margin, so it's moved to solid for Clinton.
- New Ohio poll shows Sanders +1, so it moves from likely to leaning for Clinton.
- New PA poll shows the state still being solid for Clinton [+21].

--------------------------------------------------

Solid for Sanders: Vermont, West Virginia

Likely for Sanders: Alaska, Maine, Utah

Leaning for Sanders: Colorado, Massachusetts

Toss-ups: Oklahoma, Wisconsin

Leaning for Clinton: Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio

Likely for Clinton: California, Connecticut, Idaho, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia

Solid for Clinton: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas

Not enough data for the remaining 14 states and D.C.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:42 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,903,825 times
Actually any poll, for an election that is to take place 8 months from now, is mostly meaningless.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:05 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,920,910 times
Default Ohio poll shows Clinton losing general election in any scenario

New poll shows a potentially dire situation in a must-win state for Democrats

Quote:
Quinnipiac released a poll Wednesday that showed various hypothetical general-election matchups in Ohio.

Clinton lost every one. She trailed GOP frontrunner Donald Trump by two points. Meanwhile, she fell 3 points behind Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, 5 points behind Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, and 19 points back of John Kasich, the Ohio governor.

No candidate has won the presidency without carrying Ohio since John F. Kennedy did in 1960. That's a streak of 13 consecutive elections.
Well, so much for those precious Supreme Court nominations. Guess the court is heading towards the conservative route thanks to DWS backing of Hillary.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:11 AM

12,638 posts, read 9,016,806 times
I don't see how Hillary can win.

There are still enough honorable Democrats, barely, who won't vote for someone who should be in jail.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:11 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,198,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
New poll shows a potentially dire situation in a must-win state for Democrats

Well, so much for those precious Supreme Court nominations. Guess the court is heading towards the conservative route thanks to DWS backing of Hillary.
Funny how these polls are all wrong . . . until Mr. Trump is shown to lead Hillary. Then it's all legit.

A small detail: the margin of error exceeds Mr. Trump's lead.

Mick

Old 02-25-2016, 08:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,427,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Funny how these polls are all wrong . . . until Mr. Trump is shown to lead Hillary. Then it's all legit.

A small detail: the margin of error exceeds Mr. Trump's lead.

Mick
I live in a very Democratic area of Ohio.. Youngstown..

I have yet to see one Clinton sign up.. I know its early etc, but I see Trump and Sanders signs.. Sanders usually hand drawn using crayons, but thats a different topic..

Old 02-25-2016, 08:16 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,430,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Actually any poll, for an election that is to take place 8 months from now, is mostly meaningless.
Well that's good that these are for primaries, coming up in the next few weeks then. Maybe people will stop doing all of the (IMO) silly head to head contests for candidates who haven't even been nominated because I agree they are pretty meaningless.

In actuality, I think all polls are something for discussion purposes, and perhaps an idea of trends, but obviously nothing counts or they wouldn't bother holding the actual primary elections and caucuses of course.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Well that's good that these are for primaries, coming up in the next few weeks then. Maybe people will stop doing all of the (IMO) silly head to head contests for candidates who haven't even been nominated because I agree they are pretty meaningless.

In actuality, I think all polls are something for discussion purposes, and perhaps an idea of trends, but obviously nothing counts or they wouldn't bother holding the actual primary elections and caucuses of course.
Let's talk about primary polls
Sanders is really closing in nationally
But Hillary still maintains great lead (1x to 2x%) in most big states and other states in the south
My guess is Sanders is leading in even bigger margins in small states in Midwest, west coast, and in New England
It seems the states will vote very differently this time

Old 02-25-2016, 08:46 AM

11,180 posts, read 10,613,472 times
Ohio's a swing state.

Clinton can win the election without it.
The GOP candidate cannot.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:48 AM

Ok it's a poll and it's supposed to mean everything?

In 2008, Hillary won by 10% when she ran against Obama
Obama then went on to carry Ohio in both elections
I don't see how this poll means Hillary will lose Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections