Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,499,666 times

Advertisements

It's out of ignorance that someone would suggest the President has proposed wealth redistrbution. It's fair to assert, however, that Willard Romney/Paul Ryan and GOP have actually redistributed wealth by their fiscal policies and the policies of the "W" Bush administration. Let's not lie about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 08:18 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,645,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Funny, my dad is retired Navy, receives government pension, and Social Security. It is insulting when people like you try to call my father a freeloader for your own political gain.
I was just thinking the same thing. I wonder where they got that information. My husband and I pay plenty of taxes although it is less than we payed when we worked. I don't have any problem with paying taxes but I do wish the government would be a little more careful when they start spending the money we pay in.

There is a group of senior citizens that meets at our closest church every day for a free meal. My guess is that less than half of these people need the food. Those are the freeloaders. It would be fun to go eat with them and even though we have no money problems we could do that. How much you make has nothing to do with whether or not you take part in the meals, or so we were told on senior citizen day. I would feel guilty with each bite because it would be charged to my grandchildren. I think we have a lot of food programs in schools and other places that are just as needed--not at all.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:27 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,645,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
It's out of ignorance that someone would suggest the President has proposed wealth redistrbution. It's fair to assert, however, that Willard Romney/Paul Ryan and GOP have actually redistributed wealth by their fiscal policies and the policies of the "W" Bush administration. Let's not lie about this.
When one states a truthful fact, that is not ignorance. I was told that in his book he suggested that a 100% tax is possible and then the government could redistribute it back to the people.

I agree with you that it is crazy to state that paying less taxes helps the economy. We need more taxes paid and fewer taxes used. The only thing our constitution allows taxes to be collected for is to protect our citizens so we can do for ourselves. Charity was never a reason to collect taxes. Our government needs to stop playing God and protect us and help our country be safe and beyond that let the chips fall where they may. But our illegals need to leave or be transported as part of the safety issue. People being in our country illegally is a safety issue and was part of the problem with 9/11.

I was watching a religious service on TV this week and it was mentioned that Egypt is crucifying Christians and then I was watching Fox and a sentence ran across the bottom stating that Egypt was suing the preacher that burned the books and the man that made the religious movie. I will be very interested in what Obama does about this. It is time for him to START protecting Americans and our values instead of protecting illegals and feeding our citizens to the wolves. I see this as the beginning of religious persecution in America. We have been told for years that some day we may have to risk our lives to be a Christian and I wonder how close we are to that.

Last edited by NCN; 09-18-2012 at 08:38 PM..

Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,960,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This goes to show how dumb most Democrats are because the 47% who pay no income taxes, are of TAX FILERS.. Most retirees arent required to file, and people paying FICA is meaningless.

And the working poor can thank people like Bush, who increased their tax refunds, but you wont hear that, will you?

FAIL..
From: When Does a Senior Citizen on Social Security Stop Filing Taxes? - TurboTax® Tax Tips & Videos
Quote:
When seniors must file

If you are unmarried and at least 65 years of age, then you must file an income tax return if your gross income is $10,950 or more.
If you are married and file a joint return with a spouse who is also 65 or older, you must file a return if your combined gross income is $21,300 or more.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I was told that in his book he suggested that a 100% tax is possible and then the government could redistribute it back to the people.
You were told, huh?

Why don't you try to find out whether 'what you were told' is actually true, instead of going on believing something that someone told you?

I was told Elvis is alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
.The only thing our constitution allows taxes to be collected for is to protect our citizens so we can do for ourselves.
I think you should read the Constitution. What you wrote is simply not so.

Congress has the right to "lay and collect taxes." The areas that Congress can spend money is equally broad and by design. The founders in 1789 had no idea what the future nation will require.

Last edited by MTAtech; 09-18-2012 at 08:41 PM..

Old 09-18-2012, 08:39 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,293,225 times
The first time I heard about this "blowup" was on the FoxNews site. Did they have this lame recording ready in the campaign room to feed to Fox if something bad came up about Romney?

This reeks of desperation. Keep flailing, Mitt.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Funny, my dad is retired Navy, receives government pension, and Social Security. It is insulting when people like you try to call my father a freeloader for your own political gain.
Whats even funnier is when you stand there and argue with people over things they never said..

Hell, I'm a SELF ADMITTED freeloader, I havent paid dam taxes in 12 years.

Take your medication..

Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Yes, I know..

Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Whats even funnier is when you stand there and argue with people over things they never said..

Take your medication..
Except that is what Mitt is saying and is believing -- that 47% of Americans a freeloaders not worthy of him thinking about. What Mitt said he owns.
Quote:
Well, there are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right? There are 47% who are with him. Who are dependent upon government, who believe that-- that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they're entitled to healthcare, to food, to housing, to you name it. But that's-- it's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.

And-- and-- I mean the president starts off with 48%, 49%, 40-- or he-- he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. 47% of Americans pay no income taxes. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every-- every four years.

And-- and so my job is not to worry about those people.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:

Take your medication..
Actually I am pretty sure Romney said he doesn't care about you and will be making you pay taxes, so that is good news, Romney will make you stop being a freeloader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections