Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 PM

615 posts, read 1,174,601 times

Advertisements

Do we not care about his tax position???
He is going to tax everyone even the middle class.
He is going to tax federal and social security
for everyone. He is going to raise capital gains
tax from 15% to 20%, that is sad!!!!!!!!!
If you make under 50k you'll be taxed 1500
per year, 75k to 50k, over 3k a year and it
goes up from there.
He will screw up up the supreme court justice
system.
Folks do we really want this????
He knows nothing about international
relations.
Biden look like an a-hole in the interview today.
Obama-Biden ticket...we are in deep trouble!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 PM

986 posts, read 2,810,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balco9 View Post
goes up from there.
system.
relations.
From what I read here, most people do not understand this,or if they do they will say it is a lie or it just does not bother them. I feel that most people are voting for Barack based on emotion and not understanding his policies. I think there are some nice people that really think voting for Obama is a good idea, like the sweet older jewish woman at my gym with an obama pin on. I wonder if she knows how he feels about Israel.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 PM

Very true, some have no clue to who Obama is and what he really stands for...
He has the great speaking ability to make people buy into his phoney policies.
He would make a great saleman.
Glenn Beck: Frightening Obama

Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,852,690 times
Does this explain it? Hehehehehehehe!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,447,190 times
Quote:
goes up from there.
system.
relations.

Nope people do not care because they have such a hate-on for Bush that they can not see straight. Sad really because the middle class is going to pay the price.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:01 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,309,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Nope people do not care because they have such a hate-on for Bush that they can not see straight. Sad really because the middle class is going to pay the price.
But this is where the McCain camp FAILS. His only message is about the scary "Boogy Man" named Obama...what is he going to do in a practical sense, to right the economy because Democrat or Republican, trickle down does not work. This is not a partisan rant, it is an observation from a campaign standpoint that all McCain seems to be known for is talking about what Obama is going to do....not anything tangible about what he will do. He has failed in his message to articulate anything except be scared of those other people...it's a losing pitch. Obama has done a great job (whether or not you believe him) in articulating his tax cut for the middle class, providing a calculator on his website, etc. You can deride this all you want, but he has been clearer on a message, whether or not you agree with it. The McCain camp was still in the press today because of his VP candidate's comments about her wardrobe...you are 8 days away from the election! Every moment should be spent hammering an economic plan. Sloppy campaign...

Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,447,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
But this is where the McCain camp FAILS. His only message is about the scary "Boogy Man" named Obama...what is he going to do in a practical sense, to right the economy because Democrat or Republican, trickle down does not work. This is not a partisan rant, it is an observation from a campaign standpoint that all McCain seems to be known for is talking about what Obama is going to do....not anything tangible about what he will do. He has failed in his message to articulate anything except be scared of those other people...it's a losing pitch. Obama has done a great job (whether or not you believe him) in articulating his tax cut for the middle class, providing a calculator on his website, etc. You can deride this all you want, but he has been clearer on a message, whether or not you agree with it. The McCain camp was still in the press today because of his VP candidate's comments about her wardrobe...you are 8 days away from the election! Every moment should be spent hammering an economic plan. Sloppy campaign...

Taxing the hell outta people does not work and giving hand outs does not work. People need to take personal responsibility and that is what is sorely lacking in this country. People think that they are "entitled" to things, that they are "owed". It is crap and rewarding those is not the answer. I agree that there are some that need help but I should chose who I help not who Obama thinks. The econmeny is a mess because people did use their brains, they spent more then they had and now they want to be bailed out.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,747,167 times
Quote:
goes up from there.
system.
relations.
Don't know how you can post non-truths. He is not taxing everyone's social security - only those under a certain figure. How will he screw up the supreme court justice system? He has Biden for international relations. No Biden didn't look like the a-hole. The interviewer did. Get a grip and get some knowledge before posting incorrectly.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,309,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Taxing the hell outta people does not work and giving hand outs does not work. People need to take personal responsibility and that is what is sorely lacking in this country. People think that they are "entitled" to things, that they are "owed". It is crap and rewarding those is not the answer. I agree that there are some that need help but I should chose who I help not who Obama thinks. The econmeny is a mess because people did use their brains, they spent more then they had and now they want to be bailed out.
My comment was about McCain's message and campaign. I agree with you, but got even angrier when McCain's Town Hall economic proclamation was to now take that bailout money (300 billion of it) and buy up bad mortgages!!! What! I pay mine on time, now he wants to buy up the overextended idiots? The only way McCain is different that Obama on the economy is if he voted AGAINST the bailout...otherwise, he is still on record as voting for the same trillion dollar bailout and pork-stuffed bill as Obama...how Mavericky. He lost the campaign on that decision and not picking Romney. And the economy is also in this mess because credit became so available due to 40-1 leverage. Without that easing of net capital requirements nobody gets to buy furniture for an entire house and not pay for it for two years...that was Bush and the Republican controlled congress (Feb 2000). And the Dems who voted for that should be called to task too...

Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Don't know how you can post non-truths. He is not taxing everyone's social security - only those under a certain figure. How will he screw up the supreme court justice system? He has Biden for international relations. No Biden didn't look like the a-hole. The interviewer did. Get a grip and get some knowledge before posting incorrectly.
Oh my gosh!!!!!!
Do we actually believe in Biden and believe what this thug has to say.
Yes Obama will tax social security.
See that is where know one really knows Obvama well.
I can't believe what is says, because it is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections