Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:41 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,574,901 times

Advertisements

Let me repeat myself.....

"If a man can not conduct his own life with dignity and honor, then he has no business acting in a capacity where he can make decisions that can alter the way I conduct mine."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,946,480 times
Gingrich went for broke going after Clinton for his personal infidelities, now he's going to have to try his damnedest to convince family values Republicans that his own personal failings are unimportant. I love it.

Also, today is 15 years to the day that Gingrich was reprimanded for ethics violations. Happy anniversary, Newt.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:44 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,051,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Let me repeat myself.....

"If a man can not conduct his own life with dignity and honor, then he has no business acting in a capacity where he can make decisions that can alter the way I conduct mine."

Old 01-21-2012, 07:46 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,627,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Why does it even matter if Gingrich has been married several times and has cheated on his wife. That has nothing to do with how he will lead the country! Every person in this world has a past and everybody has done things that are shameful and that they regret. Cut Gingrich a break!
The only people who would ask this question ^^^ are those who so desperately want that "deeply flawed/sexually deviant" candidate to win. If President Obama had the same relationship track record as Newt, you bet that it would be put front and center by his detractors.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:48 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,546,558 times
Christian Republicans will forgive Newt's adulterous lifestyle as long as he cuts taxes and bombs Muslim countries.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:01 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,380,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
May be some truth to that if Newt's elected; but not so if any of the others are, which is what I'm hoping for. We shall see.
Santorum or Romney still have no case to make on family values because their opponent (Obama) isn't vulnerable on that issue.

So again, they can't even bring it up because it's a waste of time.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
But not because of his family values....
Mmmmmm...i know what you're saying, but i still hear it anyway.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:06 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,074,784 times
Quote:
Why does it even matter if Gingrich has been married several times and has cheated on his wife. That has nothing to do with how he will lead the country! Every person in this world has a past and everybody has done things that are shameful and that they regret. Cut Gingrich a break!
Because he made it a point to campaign on family values issues during his career in congress. He was pointing fingers at Pres clinton while he was doing the same thing in his own life. He routinely demonizes gay families from achieving marriage equality, while he sullies the institution of marriage with his shameless antics.
If americans had known about JFK's escapades prior to 1960, should they have elected him to the nation's highest office?

Old 01-21-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Because Newt was a leading Republican figure during the "family values" Era of the Republican Party, and you shouldn't expect folks to forget that. I know i won't.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:24 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,574,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because Newt was a leading Republican figure during the "family values" Era of the Republican Party, and you shouldn't expect folks to forget that. I know i won't.

Oh, the whole "ethics violations" era?

As my mother used to say...."not a one of them could lie straight in bed."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections