Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:09 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,190,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Mitt Romney is still the guy who couldn't beat McCain and he is still the guy who has agreed with the idea of government mandated health insurance, pro abortion, and climate change legislation and he is the still the guy who has denounced his on views while pretending like he is not denouncing them.
Mitt Romney will not be president. If he gets the nomination Obama will wipe the floor with him. After what all the bankers did to America, the citizens will not elect an insider who sided with the banks over the citizens in our biggest economic disaster so far in this generation. Obama may not be a great option, but despite his tone deafness and corruption, he still looks less out of touch than Romney.
Do I sense sour grapes?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 09:10 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,910,795 times
It's over. Really the other candidates need to quit and get behind Romney early so we can take on Obama.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:21 AM

13,875 posts, read 9,809,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
It's over. Really the other candidates need to quit and get behind Romney early so we can take on Obama.
I think the problem is that the other candidates and their supporters view Romney and Obama as having a similar vision on government and policy. Am I wrong and reading the situation incorrectly?

Old 01-15-2012, 10:22 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,910,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I think the problem is that the other candidates and their supporters view Romney and Obama as having a similar vision on government and policy. Am I wrong and reading the situation incorrectly?
Romney needs a campaign slogan: I MAY NOT BE ALL YOU WANT BUT I AM ALL YOU GOT. The fact is that, while he may not be perfect in the eyes of the dedicated right, he is 1000 times better than what we have now.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:25 AM

13,875 posts, read 9,809,892 times
Quote:
Romney needs a campaign slogan: I MAY NOT BE ALL YOU WANT BUT I AM ALL YOU GOT. The fact is that, while he may not be perfect in the eyes of the dedicated right, he is 1000 times better than what we have now.
I don't see much differences in what Romney did in Massachusetts and what Obama is doing. I guess it would be a good thing if Romney won the primary, that way I wouldn't mind much who won between Obama vs. Romney.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:10 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,232,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
If this were a horse race, it would be listed as Mitt Romney and the Field (all others combined).

Seriously, w/o better showings, no one deserves to be announced as the 2nd place candidate. They are that far behind.
So you believe that a race is over when only two states have held elections? You believe that two states speak for the other forty-eight?

You believe that the other candidates don't have a right to be heard?

It sounds like you're easily swayed by the establishment talking heads. You really don't think too much about things, nor the truth about the political process. You think that people should just "give up". You think that a candidate not true to the constitution deserves precedence over someone who respects the Constitution. What does that say of you? What does it make of someone who's willing to say that the rest of the country doesn't matter, the people shouldn't have a choice in a candidate?

What's that? Herd mentality? Listen to it? Baaahhhhhhhh

Old 01-15-2012, 02:58 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,510,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
It might help if the people knew that they only polled about 800 people and half were democrats for that poll. Of course Democrats want Romney to win SC and win the nomination because they know Obama will tear him a new one. Mr flip flop Romney will get destroyed in a general election...that poll is garbage and we all know it.
Do Democrats care about the country? Aren't they upset with Obama? If I had voted for him, I certainly wouldn't want him re-elected. I'd much prefer Ron Paul to Obama or any of the other Republicans running.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,510,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Mitt Romney is still the guy who couldn't beat McCain and he is still the guy who has agreed with the idea of government mandated health insurance, pro abortion, and climate change legislation and he is the still the guy who has denounced his on views while pretending like he is not denouncing them.
Mitt Romney will not be president. If he gets the nomination Obama will wipe the floor with him. After what all the bankers did to America, the citizens will not elect an insider who sided with the banks over the citizens in our biggest economic disaster so far in this generation. Obama may not be a great option, but despite his tone deafness and corruption, he still looks less out of touch than Romney.
That is why Ron Paul should get the nomination because he could spin circles around Obama in any debate. All the Republicans who just care about "winning" in November should rally around Ron Paul NOT Romney. At least Ron Paul has a broad appeal UNLIKE Romney AND Ron Paul knows ALL the issues like the back of his hand!

Old 01-15-2012, 03:09 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,450,901 times
Quote:
Romney needs a campaign slogan: I MAY NOT BE ALL YOU WANT BUT I AM ALL YOU GOT. .
Thats pretty good,lol.....and pretty true

Old 01-15-2012, 03:14 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,450,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
That is why Ron Paul should get the nomination because he could spin circles around Obama in any debate. All the Republicans who just care about "winning" in November should rally around Ron Paul NOT Romney. At least Ron Paul has a broad appeal UNLIKE Romney AND Ron Paul knows ALL the issues like the back of his hand!
Well if his 'appeal is so broad' I guess he will start winning somewhere.I still don't follow the logic that the guy who hasn't won anywhere has more appeal than the one who has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections