Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:59 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,206,552 times

Advertisements

Rick Perry loses key SC backer after attack on Mitt Romney's business past | masslive.com

Quote:
BLYTHEWOOD, S.C. (AP) — Presidential candidate Rick Perry's criticism of Mitt Romney's business past had a boomerang effect Thursday, costing him the support of a prominent Republican in South Carolina.
Investment fund executive and top GOP donor Barry Wynn told The Associated Press he was leaving the Perry fold to endorse Romney, the former Massachusetts governor. Wynn said Perry's attacks on Romney's time at the helm of the private equity firm Bain Capital had crossed the line in a political party that values free-market capitalism.
"I've been fighting for this cause most of my life," Wynn said. "It's like fingernails on the chalkboard. It just kind of irritated you to hear those kind of attacks."
Perry, the Texas governor, swung hard this week at Romney's work at Bain Capital. The firm sometimes turned big profits even as companies it invested in went under, including some in South Carolina, and people lost jobs. Perry called Romney a "vulture capitalist" who put profits ahead of jobs.
By late Wednesday, Perry had backed away from the attack line and didn't mention in during remarks to crowds at campaign stops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 05:10 AM

12,685 posts, read 6,772,905 times
I can hear them now. "Welcome back to the Democratic Party Mr Perry! So good to have you back where you really belong once more!" It's highly amusing that when backed against the wall and desperate, Rick Perry turns back into a Democrat.

Perry's return to his liberal ideals is amusing, but in and of itself it does not make him a bad person in my mind. What makes him a bad person is that he's spent so much time trying to bill himself as a Conservative Republican. Pretending to be what you're not just isn't the mark of somebody I'd want to see become President of the United States.

Seems that's what we have to choose from this year. SC and FL are looking bad for Dr Paul and that leaves you with a field of liars and hypocrites. Now it becomes a matter of sifting through and figuring out which liar and hypocrite is the least repugnant. Which one can we live with? That's a very big reason I'd rather have Paul and not have to make a choice of which bad candidate I hate less.

If there's an award for it, Perry is easily the winner for most willing to sell his soul for political power.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:59 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,232,702 times
The R candidates might want to take a look at this, or maybe Perry and Newt did when they started on their current line of attack. Fifty five percent of R voters (a 17% increase) think we have a problem with the wealth gap in this country, and the most dramatic increase has been with white voters. The numbers grew pretty much proportionately among independents and D's as well, so that 66% of voters now think it's the most important issue. I think this is turning into more than just Romney's term at Bain--the debate is becoming about the entire system, and who is most likely to work to get big business out of government. That doesn't look good for Romney. Perry isn't going to win the nomination, but he may have figured that his choice was lose a little financial support, or lose anyway, because this issue has very long legs, and it's not going to go away.

Rising Share of Americans See Conflict Between Rich and Poor | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

Old 01-13-2012, 06:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,911,791 times
Barry Wynn -- is good at evaluating Corporate Retirement Plans. Yep, good fit for "Romney Raiders".

Old 01-13-2012, 06:11 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,671,840 times
Perry and Gingrich, both so-called elitests in the Republican party...are clearly sore...filled with 'sour grapes'...and both are showing their true colors....of selfish, self-centeredness and their in-ability to face the fact that they are not wanted or needed as the 'big shots'...they've ''thought'' they were.

Both Perry and Gingrich have exposed the lack of integrity they have.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:20 AM

958 posts, read 2,629,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Perry and Gingrich, both so-called elitests in the Republican party...are clearly sore...filled with 'sour grapes'...and both are showing their true colors....of selfish, self-centeredness and their in-ability to face the fact that they are not wanted or needed as the 'big shots'...they've ''thought'' they were.

Agreed. Although Gingrich has been exposing his lack of integrity since the 1970s.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:22 AM

791 posts, read 463,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

Damn, I agree with you on something! I think the forecast calls for snow in Hell today...

Old 01-13-2012, 06:24 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,337,575 times
Good. Perry's votes are overwhelmingly pro-gun and I guarantee they won't go towards anti-gun Mittens. Anyone want to guess which pro-gun person they would go to?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Good. Perry's votes are overwhelmingly pro-gun and I guarantee they won't go towards anti-gun Mittens. Anyone want to guess which pro-gun person they would go to?

Clint Eastwood

Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
Damn, I agree with you on something!
Fine, let's have dinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections