Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 12:43 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,129,655 times

Advertisements

He needs to crush Newt, lets get him back to 4th place so he drops out. Maybe it will shut Sarah Palin up to. I just can not stand her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 01:14 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Latest SC polls show Romney 29%; Gingrich 25% and Ron Paul 20% I just heard it on "Free Talk Live". Ron Paul is SURGING.

This poll is more recent than that one.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:15 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
He needs to crush Newt, lets get him back to 4th place so he drops out. Maybe it will shut Sarah Palin up to. I just can not stand her.

Amen to that, Palin's voice is grates on my last nerve these days. Why does Fox News think that what she has to say about any of this interests anyone?

Old 01-15-2012, 05:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Most other polls show things quite a bit closer. Also this appears to be an online poll.
if it is an online poll, it means nothing. Mitt may well win, but I think is will be very close. anytime, anyone has a lead that big it is phony. Most of us realize that. A 20 point or less lead can be for real, but when someone has over 50% of the vote no one should take this seriously.

Nita

Old 01-15-2012, 05:17 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,927,188 times
i hope everyone ignores ALL the polls.

it is just an attempt by the media to influence elections.

every vote still counts, and we have only had 1 primary so far!

Old 01-15-2012, 08:31 AM

Concerns about Romney's faith quieter but not gone

GREER, S.C. (AP) — The prospect of a Mormon president appears to be less alien to South Carolina Republicans who are giving Mitt Romney a second look after his failed 2008 run.
Still, worries about his faith persist in a state where one pastor jokes there are "more Baptists than people."
Voters preparing for the Jan. 21 primary are weighing whether Romney's religion should matter so much when they can't pay their bills and a Democrat many distrust occupies the White House.
Four years ago, the Romney campaign directly took on suspicion about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Conservative Christians, including Protestants and Roman Catholics, do not consider Mormons to be Christian, although Mormons strongly do.
This time, Romney has no formal religion committee and rarely mentions his faith unless asked.

Concerns about Romney's faith quieter but not gone - Yahoo! News

Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Amen to that, Palin's voice is grates on my last nerve these days. Why does Fox News think that what she has to say about any of this interests anyone?

I know....cant stand her. She was a gimmick in 08, and I think she figured out in 2012 she would have no chance, but for some reason she's got a little bit of a following. Really I dont think anyone would care if she faded into obscurity.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,781,142 times
It looks like Romney is going to be the nominee. I wonder what that will mean for conservative turnout on election day?

Old 01-15-2012, 08:49 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,637,195 times
Mitt Romney is still the guy who couldn't beat McCain and he is still the guy who has agreed with the idea of government mandated health insurance, pro abortion, and climate change legislation and he is the still the guy who has denounced his on views while pretending like he is not denouncing them.
Mitt Romney will not be president. If he gets the nomination Obama will wipe the floor with him. After what all the bankers did to America, the citizens will not elect an insider who sided with the banks over the citizens in our biggest economic disaster so far in this generation. Obama may not be a great option, but despite his tone deafness and corruption, he still looks less out of touch than Romney.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i hope everyone ignores ALL the polls.

it is just an attempt by the media to influence elections.

every vote still counts, and we have only had 1 primary so far!
Every vote does still count and everyone needs to vote. It is your right and I think your obligation but the polls have been around for years, will continue to be with us and many times they are quite accurate. No, the ones that show a candidate ahead by 25 to 30 points or a candidate in a wide open field having 50% of the votes are not real, but the standard polls, though they do lean somewhat are pretty good indications. This is especially true within 48 hours of an election.

bTW, it isn't an attempt by the media, most polls are not even conducted by the media...
Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections