Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 07:05 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,013,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
It's Official.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry Is Running For President

HALLELUJAH!!!! I think a Perry/Romney ticket would get this country out of the crap Obama has made WORSE!!!!!!
How would replacing Obama/Biden with Perry/Romney in any way benefit the nation?

They essentially hold the same beliefs and support the same policies. At best, they package those beliefs a bit differently to gain support from members of their party.

Electing more of the same will in no way benefit this nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 08:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,421,014 times
I think Perry is the only candidate who can beat Obama. I will be making a campaign contribution and consider it an investment in America's future.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,126,645 times
Well, where the F is he? Theres a national debate on TV and he's nowhere to be found. Too good to visit one of those northern states I guess.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:35 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,452,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
everyone knows this: could you show me the statitics that say people know he is gay. Actually no one knows this except Perry himslf. You might think this is true but you probably need to get your dictionary out if you own one and took up the meaning of opinion versus fact?

Nita
: smack:
Rimshot - YouTube

Old 08-11-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Well, where the F is he? Theres a national debate on TV and he's nowhere to be found. Too good to visit one of those northern states I guess.
He just announced his intent to run today. He won't be participating in the straw poll either.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:38 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,643,285 times
Quote:
an investment in America's future.
If Perry is taking foreign policy advice from Donald Rumsfeld and Douglas Feith, you might as well cut out the middleman and send your check directly to one of the large military contractors.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:55 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,598,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
The second Perry announces, Bachman and Palin are done. The liberals were hoping Bachman would run because Obama would have probably won a 48 state rout if she was the candidate. Sorry liberals to give you the bad news that we have a REAL candidate now.
Palin was done a long time ago. She's only slightly less of a joke than Trump.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I've always consistently said he has done nothing... he is a "meh" candidate... He is supported by people who don't truly understand the issues facing this country.

How can people support a candidate when they know nothing about what he stands for?

Sure he can say he stands for things-- but those are only words. I think smart people judge candidates by their record and their actions. It is no wonder this country is going down the toilet with all these bozo's we keep electing to high office. It's like we are stuck in the middle of idiot-ville.
How did you conclude that supporters of Rick Perry don't understand the issues facing this country? I will support Perry and I understand the issues that are destroying our country and robbing our children of their futures.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:33 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,643,285 times
Quote:
How did you conclude that supporters of Rick Perry don't understand the issues facing this country?
If reports are true that he recently turned to Donald Rumsfeld and Douglas Feith for foreign policy advice and preparation, then it's very clear at some of his supporters definitely don't understand the issues facing the country.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
Bottom line is this- I don't give a damn about what or what not Perry did. What voters care about is RESULTS and Perry gets results. A state that is growing in leaps and bounds and creating thousands of JOBS and has an unemployment rate that is about 1/2 of the national (Obama) rate which, BTW is still climbing. Bottom line is that Obama could have won against the far right candidates like Palin or Bachman but he cannot beat Perry. No way will he win a 2nd term.
What????? What statistics are you reading? Here in Houston, unemployment is THE SAME as the national average. Everything south of Corpus, which has a population of around 2 million has a much higher unemployment rate. West Texas is essentially dying on the vine. Austin is doing great. Oh, and by the way, Obama can mention that Austin is known as the "liberal" city in Texas when they debate.

Texas overall had an 8.2 percent unemployment rate in June. This ranked 26th overall.

Perry is smoke and mirrors. And in the eyes of average Americans, Perry is a far right canidate, by the way.

Obama can be defeated, no doubt. Perry is not the one to do it, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections