Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:53 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times

Advertisements

The no holds barred, *** about anything you want (within the TOS of course) thread for El Paso. The original idea for this came from Da Jammer.

Enjoy!

If you have photos you'd like to post, please post them in the https://www.city-data.com/forum/el-pa...d-el-paso.html

Last edited by Bo; 09-04-2008 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: Added link to photo thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 09:06 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
WOOHOO! thanks SYNOPSIS!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:09 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,699 times
happy new year to all and no im not driving

Old 01-01-2008, 03:31 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Muhnay....how about an update on Northeast. Are they landscaping anymore on Dyer/McCombs/Fairbanks?? Anyword on the Super Taget store or when they will break ground on the new High School out there.....

Old 01-01-2008, 07:18 AM

262 posts, read 781,679 times
Default Is Asarco "broke" Or Not ??

What about ASARCO filing bankruptcy, but somehow having millions to spend on TV advertising? If I were the Bankruptcy Judge, I would throw their bankruptcy petition right out of court. Brie

Old 01-02-2008, 10:24 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,711,383 times
El Pasoans -

Wish me luck...In spring of 2007, my wife and I had been living in Albuquerque for 4+ years or so after moving down there from the Milwaukee, WI area. At that point, we were weighing for about a year or so either moving to El Paso (because we love it) or back to the Milwaukee, WI area to be closer to our family and friends.

It was a really hard decision and we agonized over it for some time. Ultimately we went with friends and family and moved back to the Milwaukee, WI area in July. WRONG call. While it is very unconventional we realize (to move again so soon after moving cross-country once) we are determined to try to get to the El Paso - Las Cruces - Horizon City area in the next few months. Yes, we really do like the El Paso area that much.

I know the EP area is extremely polarizing and some of you guys that live there really don't like it. Maybe we can switch! Seriously though, understand some of you don't like it, but we love it and are hopeful a professional opportunity comes through for me so we can be El Pasoans soon.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:06 AM

421 posts, read 2,156,215 times
Hi there EnjoyEP! Sorry to hear your move back to Milwaukee isn't working out. I don't envy the cold and snow you're surely dealing with.. My wife & I have made similar decisions hopscotching back and forth between El Paso and Chicago. But we're still here after 2+ years.. with no intentions of moving anytime soon.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:11 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,711,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
Hi there EnjoyEP! Sorry to hear your move back to Milwaukee isn't working out. I don't envy the cold and snow you're surely dealing with.. My wife & I have made similar decisions hopscotching back and forth between El Paso and Chicago. But we're still here after 2+ years.. with no intentions of moving anytime soon.
Hi holmes -

You know, it isn't AWFUL up here in Milwaukee by any means (well, the weather is )...but you know, it just isn't "us" anymore. We tried to be as analytical about our move as possible, but I guess you just don't know "for sure" as it relates to a move "back home" until you actually do it. To us, this is no longer "home"...that Albuquerque - Las Cruces - El Paso corridor is. While ABQ was very, very good to us, frankly, I just have more of a passion for El Paso. I prefer the weather, the vibe of the city, and the culture. Plus, I am a fan of palm trees!

But thanks for the kind words, and it is good to know that we aren't the only hopscotchers out there! I am actively pursuing professional opportunities in the El Paso area and if one comes along the makes sense...even though it will be a MAJOR pain in the rear end...we're EP-bound!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:06 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Good luck to you EnjoyEP and don't feel bad about moving as most of us have done that in our lives. In the last 20 years i've lived in Albuquerque, Jacksonville Fla, Norfolk VA, Waycross Ga, Alamogordoi etc...

Old 01-02-2008, 12:24 PM

55 posts, read 237,989 times
Thumbs up Seeking Employment

Hi Enjoy EP

Good luck in your job search. I, too, am looking - mostly in the LC area. Interesting that you state you like the vibe of the LC-El Paso-Alb. corridor. I find it has an appeal as well.

Happy New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso