Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 03:46 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times

Advertisements

Well post questions about the ones you like, and maybe we can offer some tidbits of info on what they are really like the area they are in and any concerns we have for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 05:18 PM

31 posts, read 149,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Well post questions about the ones you like, and maybe we can offer some tidbits of info on what they are really like the area they are in and any concerns we have for you.
Sweet, thanks for that. Butterfield was actually one of the ones I was looking at. There were a few others I liked from what I saw and read. I can't remember the name of them off hand right now but when I get home I will throw a few names on here to see if you or anyone else may know something. Thanks again Muhnay!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:29 PM

262 posts, read 781,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
You would think so.. BWD. But the city breaks you and traps you and holds you down so you cant move. But I have escaped a few times before..

I will be moving once again.. as soon as my uncle is well enough to not need me, can get a private care taker, or earns his wings.
Oh, that's right Muhnay, take off right when the mix of different types of units at Ft. Bliss is about to make the "night life" interesting. Brie

Old 01-18-2008, 10:25 PM

Brie, I have a gut feeling that El Paso is about to hit the fan, so to speak. El Paso is not ready for what is about to take place.. and it wont be for another 10-20 years after the fact.

All the great weather in the world wont be reason enough to live here in a couple years time. I see a dark tide rising.. I hope I am wrong, and I really do want El Paso to succeed in this transition.. but I just don't feel good about it.

It all comes back to that Mentality El Paso has. El Paso has always been 10 years behind the times.. and it is going to take more than some small highway projects to catch up.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:54 AM

262 posts, read 781,714 times
Default Brac Follies

Muhnay,
That is why I can stay up here half way to Carlsbad breathing clean air while I watch all the "festivities" at the G.I. bars on T.V. news.. So far, all the random acts of violence have been between drug dealers, or by uninsured drunks mowing people down and running off.
When you DO take off, where are you going? Back to the Gulf Coast? That's where I will be spending Jan and Feb every year starting next winter after I build the house boat. I found a really good 30 foot design that has a 10 foot beam, and only draws 2 feet of water. I'll build it in Seadrift as I doubt that the shrimpers will look down their noses at a couple of people building a house boat at the marina.
After the boat is built, I will sail it all of the 20 route miles to Rockport, where I will moor it at a combination marina, hotel, and seafood resturant.
Brie

Old 01-19-2008, 10:19 AM

Well Brie.. that is in debate right now. I want to go back to the Gulf Coast, but the wife wants to go back to the Seattle Area. I am not fond of cold, and well its cold up there. =)

But she likes the cold, because she says you can always add more clothes to stay warm, try telling her that after spending many cold nights in middle eastern desert. heh heh.

I am looking at Galveston TX, been warned to stay away from there by the locals on these forums.. Also looking into Rockport, there is a guy in the main Texas thread though that claims it is drug filled cesspool.. I didn't think so the many times I have visited there.

In Mississippi I still have a job waiting, and a place to rent.. so it is a place I would like to go back too.. heck it was just a couple hour drive to New Orleans, or a couple hours to Pensacola FL.. so I liked that feeling of being connected. There was also so much change going on at such a fast pace.. stuff getting torn down and new stuff being built.. it was a place I really liked very much.

If I go east to the Portland/Seattle area, I may look for a place like Coos Bay, or Aberdeen or Port Angeles. But when I lived in Boise ID, my kid got to go see the state capital on a field trip and the look and excitement he had after that makes me think I may move to Olympia WA.

Its a big world and there are many places I would still like to explore. I have not found my place yet.. maybe I will wait till the kids leave, and buy a big Winnebago and just drive around till I find it. =)

Oh but hey, if you get that house boat built and opened for business let us know on here, so I can come check out the viddles.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:55 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,831,396 times
Hey, Muhnay...You said in another thread:

There are plans for another 2 high Schools in the North East, one built sooner and one not to start until 2015 or there abouts.

Where's this other school supposed to be? Is it going to be an El Paso ISD or Ysleta ISD school?

I heard El Paso ISD plans to open an early-college high school at EPCC Transmountain this year.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilingual white dude View Post
Hey thanks Muhnay for the quick reply! We are pretty much set on El Paso and surrounding suburbs, if you guys call them that. Thanks for your attention and time! The links should be helpful also. I would like to be able to see them Franklyn mountains. A lot of the places I am looking at in apartmentguide are on the east side or northeast. We are planning on coming down probably middle of March or towards the end. The reason I ask if anyone knows of some apartment complexes that are good is because its hard to tell just by the pictures they have posted on the internet. Any insight on apartment complexes would be great. Thanks Muhnay!!
It would depend on what you'd want in an apartment -- if you want a small yard or are fine with concrete all around -- that's something to look for -- many apartments here are nothing but building and parking lot. And that's fine for some -- but if you need a little green space or even patch of dirt then you wouldn't like them. Some people want a pool.

Myself -- I'd be looking at the apartments in the big older homes if I was renting something in town, or renting a home with a yard. Or if you're just wanting to rent until you find something to buy -- since there are many houses for sale, maybe one of those long term motels like Studio One would work out.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilingual white dude View Post
Sweet, thanks for that. Butterfield was actually one of the ones I was looking at. There were a few others I liked from what I saw and read. I can't remember the name of them off hand right now but when I get home I will throw a few names on here to see if you or anyone else may know something. Thanks again Muhnay!
Another suggestion I would have -- some of the Property Management companies have places available that might not be advertised in the usual places. Sometimes people are renting out a home for a certain time period.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 PM

31 posts, read 149,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Another suggestion I would have -- some of the Property Management companies have places available that might not be advertised in the usual places. Sometimes people are renting out a home for a certain time period.
Thanks malamute! Seeing's that I don't live their the only way I have to check stuff out is through the internet and most of the time they don't post everything. An apartment with a concrete patio and concrete surrounding the place would be ok for short bit until we got a good feel of where we would want to maybe purchase a home. I have seen houses for rent and a lot of them are pretty reasonable price wise but I think for right now an apartment would be ok. I am still looking at a lot of apartments and I have until about the middle of Feb. before I want to make a decision on an apartment. If you have any suggestions on an apartment complex that would be suitable for a family that would be great. Thanks malamute! Also to anyone else that replies. Thanks a million guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso