Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 11:24 AM

13,069 posts, read 18,261,074 times

Advertisements

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 66,836 + 69
KENT 18,998 + 51
SUSSEX 27,186 +41

HOSPITIALIZED 103 + 8
Critical 7 +3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 09:43 PM

33,042 posts, read 36,652,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaponies View Post
It's unfortunate that the cases are rising not only in Delaware but in Maryland too. IMO it would be helpful if everyone wore masks at all retail stores whether vaccinated or not, and also do social distancing. There are just too many people i see that are lax without masks and act as if there is no pandemic.
At least it's not Florida.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:31 AM

153 posts, read 321,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
At least it's not Florida.

Exactly, we just don't want Delmarva to be anywhere like Florida or Texas.

The number of cases today in Maryland is over 1000. I think masks should be mandatory inside all stores. Right now only certain counties/stores do that. Businesses can stay open if they want but asking everyone to wear masks shouldn't be too much of a sacrifice. Especially since some unmasked people are coughing or sneezing without covering. I read somewhere that in Target there was a person who overheard a man in a checkout line on the phone. The person was on the phone trying to get an appointment with his doctor because he had Covid symptoms. The person was unmasked ! It's this irresponsibility that hurts everyone else.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:04 PM

NCC 66,990+ 154
KENT 18,091 + 93
SUSSEX 27,270 +84

HOSPITIALIZED 107 + 5
Critical 6 -1

We lost one soul yesterday.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:27 PM

829 posts, read 635,744 times
Quote:
Exactly, we just don't want Delmarva to be anywhere like Florida or Texas.

The number of cases today in Maryland is over 1000. I think masks should be mandatory inside all stores. Right now only certain counties/stores do that. Businesses can stay open if they want but asking everyone to wear masks shouldn't be too much of a sacrifice. Especially since some unmasked people are coughing or sneezing without covering. I read somewhere that in Target there was a person who overheard a man in a checkout line on the phone. The person was on the phone trying to get an appointment with his doctor because he had Covid symptoms. The person was unmasked ! It's this irresponsibility that hurts everyone else.
I agree, Seaponies! It was just my personal opinion, but I always felt they removed the mask mandates for indoors too soon! I think a lot of people are struggling to return to their former level of cautiousness, even those who were formerly very careful.

Someone I know recently e-mailed me that she'd had her first Covid test. She was tired, headachy and had a sore throat, but still went out to dinner with three other couples on a Monday. She continued to feel that way on Tuesday, but drove with a friend to visit another friend and her family in the next state, rationalizing the friend/family were vaccinated. She was supposed to play golf on Thursday with her friends and decided to get a test on Wednesday when she still had a headache, was fatigued and had a sore throat because - get this - she didn't want to make her friends sick. What about all those other people she spent time with - and one of them in a restaurant - the other two days? Fortunately, she tested negative, but this is the type of behavior and Seaponies' story about the man who was overheard on the phone in Target that makes me feel distrustful of anyone you're around and inclined to return to largely self-isolating.

Old 08-13-2021, 02:20 PM

NCC 67,120+ 130
KENT 19,151 + 60
SUSSEX 27,349+79

HOSPITIALIZED 111+ 3
Critical 10 + 5

Old 08-13-2021, 04:34 PM

153 posts, read 321,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
I agree, Seaponies! It was just my personal opinion, but I always felt they removed the mask mandates for indoors too soon! I think a lot of people are struggling to return to their former level of cautiousness, even those who were formerly very careful.

Someone I know recently e-mailed me that she'd had her first Covid test. She was tired, headachy and had a sore throat, but still went out to dinner with three other couples on a Monday. She continued to feel that way on Tuesday, but drove with a friend to visit another friend and her family in the next state, rationalizing the friend/family were vaccinated. She was supposed to play golf on Thursday with her friends and decided to get a test on Wednesday when she still had a headache, was fatigued and had a sore throat because - get this - she didn't want to make her friends sick. What about all those other people she spent time with - and one of them in a restaurant - the other two days? Fortunately, she tested negative, but this is the type of behavior and Seaponies' story about the man who was overheard on the phone in Target that makes me feel distrustful of anyone you're around and inclined to return to largely self-isolating.

I can see we think alike. What is your friend thinking of possibly infecting all those people while not feeling well ? Your friend could have taken a test before meeting any friends. I bought a home Covid test that gives me results in 15 minutes and I bought another test where I can send it away with the result most likely available the next day. I would never risk other peoples health in that manner. I still stay 6 feet away from everyone. I think I'll be this way with masking until I know there are no more infections at all.

Whenever I go to a store I triple mask and wear tight fitting glasses. People may look at me funny but it doesn't bother me. I do whatever it takes to put myself at the lowest risk. I only go to the supermarket right when it opens so other customers haven't had a chance to sneeze, cough, not wear a mask, etc.

Old 08-13-2021, 04:54 PM

829 posts, read 635,744 times
Quote:
I can see we think alike. What is your friend thinking of possibly infecting all those people while not feeling well ? Your friend could have taken a test before meeting any friends. I bought a home Covid test that gives me results in 15 minutes and I bought another test where I can send it away with the result most likely available the next day. I would never risk other peoples health in that manner. I still stay 6 feet away from everyone. I think I'll be this way with masking until I know there are no more infections at all.

Whenever I go to a store I triple mask and wear tight fitting glasses. People may look at me funny but it doesn't bother me. I do whatever it takes to put myself at the lowest risk. I only go to the supermarket right when it opens so other customers haven't had a chance to sneeze, cough, not wear a mask, etc.
In past years, I can't tell you how many friends will get together despite one of them being sick. I've always been a little germaphobic, as who wants to catch things? I had hoped that after a pandemic, people would have become more considerate and cautious about this, but it would seem they do not.

After the indoor mask mandates ended, I continued to wear my mask at grocery stores. One day I was going into a grocery store here in Sussex County and I put my mask on as I walked across the parking lot. A man did a double take and then stood and stared at me as I walked past. I began to wonder if I'd forgotten to put my top on or something LOL. I suspect it was me wearing a mask and he was making a point. Like you, Seaponies, I don't really care. One of the advantages of getting older is that you care less what people think. As my mother used to say, you'll never see them again.

Take care everyone.

Old 08-13-2021, 05:03 PM

34 posts, read 74,452 times
In the end its not the years in your life that count; its the life in your years.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
In past years, I can't tell you how many friends will get together despite one of them being sick. I've always been a little germaphobic, as who wants to catch things? I had hoped that after a pandemic, people would have become more considerate and cautious about this, but it would seem they do not.

After the indoor mask mandates ended, I continued to wear my mask at grocery stores. One day I was going into a grocery store here in Sussex County and I put my mask on as I walked across the parking lot. A man did a double take and then stood and stared at me as I walked past. I began to wonder if I'd forgotten to put my top on or something LOL. I suspect it was me wearing a mask and he was making a point. Like you, Seaponies, I don't really care. One of the advantages of getting older is that you care less what people think. As my mother used to say, you'll never see them again.

Take care everyone.
Here is another one along those lines but it is pretty snarky.

If I thought your opinion meant anything, I would be upset. Believe it or not that came from a former boss, in a team building meeting who told us a prospective employee said that to him at the end of their interview, when he had to tell her they were going with another candidate.

I have said it kidding to some friends, but never to anyone’s face.

Last edited by nuts2uiam; 08-13-2021 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: Forgot word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware