Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2020, 08:54 AM

13,064 posts, read 18,175,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
We went for a walk in Rehoboth on Monday, as we did pre-Coronavirus. I experienced the same thing you saw, Nuts. Maybe 15% of the people on Rehoboth Avenue were wearing masks and they made absolutely no effort to maintain a distance from others - they seemed in full vacation mode as if there was no pandemic. Some had masks in their hand or pulled under their chin, but they made no effort to put them on when approaching people. I noticed a LOT of stores with signs that said you must wear a mask to enter. One of them said - Free Admission if wearing a mask - $500 without a mask, so I daresay they're seeing this all day long.

Those who won't/don't comply by wearing masks or making any effort toward social distancing will keep those of us wanting to exercise caution from feeling comfortable venturing out even in a modest way.
Thanks for replying. I swear I think I am in an alternate universe. People are telling me that they are seeing mostly compliance. A neighbor who I love, is a total Pollyanna, and her reply was maybe they just forgot them, I am sure they meant to wear them. My head explodes when she speaks sometimes.

I drove down Rt 1 yesterday and I saw a lot of cars but certainly not even close to a full lot at each of the outlets and the lot at And That while certainly not empty, was far from full. Many people are really being cautious, thankfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 10:32 AM

829 posts, read 632,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Thanks for replying. I swear I think I am in an alternate universe. People are telling me that they are seeing mostly compliance. A neighbor who I love, is a total Pollyanna, and her reply was maybe they just forgot them, I am sure they meant to wear them. My head explodes when she speaks sometimes.

I drove down Rt 1 yesterday and I saw a lot of cars but certainly not even close to a full lot at each of the outlets and the lot at And That while certainly not empty, was far from full. Many people are really being cautious, thankfully.
Oh, thank heavens we're not alone in this alternate universe. What I don't like is my own reaction, which is anger and distress. I find a mask to be uncomfortable and I look forward to the day when we don't need them, but I wouldn't dream of going out without one.

As we've passed the outlets, we weren't sure they were open because there were so little stores. I'm guessing Tanger realizes people are going to be slow to return because I got a $15 GC by e-mail for use between 6/1-30.

Most of our friends are also being cautious and I've been surprised and even impressed, as most are pretty social. We all miss getting together, but all feel similarly that despite things reopening, the threat and danger are not yet over. But I worry that the longer others seem to have returned to normal life, even cautious people will lose their resolve to stay the course of caution. Your neighbor cracks me up. Wouldn't you like to hear her inner dialogue? LOL

Old 06-03-2020, 10:45 AM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 3903 + 20
KENT 1451 + 1
SUSSEX 4272 + 33

Hospitalizations 154 -4

Hospitalizations still trending down. Low pick up in cases too. Yippie. But that still does not mean to forget about what we have been through.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
Oh, thank heavens we're not alone in this alternate universe. What I don't like is my own reaction, which is anger and distress. I find a mask to be uncomfortable and I look forward to the day when we don't need them, but I wouldn't dream of going out without one.

As we've passed the outlets, we weren't sure they were open because there were so little stores. I'm guessing Tanger realizes people are going to be slow to return because I got a $15 GC by e-mail for use between 6/1-30.

Most of our friends are also being cautious and I've been surprised and even impressed, as most are pretty social. We all miss getting together, but all feel similarly that despite things reopening, the threat and danger are not yet over. But I worry that the longer others seem to have returned to normal life, even cautious people will lose their resolve to stay the course of caution. Your neighbor cracks me up. Wouldn't you like to hear her inner dialogue? LOL

I really think the best way to describe her is like Georgette on Mary Tyler Moore. A very smart lady, but the rose tint in those glasses is just a bit too dark for my understanding. I love her to pieces and she is a great neighbor, but I just have to wonder sometimes at some of the stuff she says.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:59 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,920,104 times
Quote:
We have about another week - 10 days to see the first possible effects of the protests. It is really a very, very sad situation that the death of a man has become an excuse party for the looters. This country needs to start to teach morals, values and manners again, since we are largely devoid of them these days.
Amen to that, Nuts.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:40 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,566,905 times
A heads up if your vehicle inspection/ renewal of your registration is due - up until yesterday the DE DMV was only permitting emergency cases and others would be turned away. I got an email reminder that stated inspection lanes were open - even though the web site said they were only doing emergency inspections. I emailed the DMV and got a confirmation that I could indeed get my car inspected and they were in the process of updating their web site. The web site as of today has been updated.

FYI - I went to the Georgetown DMV for my car inspection and registration renewal. Do wear a mask Even though you will not need to get out of your car ( the emissions testing is still being waived at this point) you will need to roll down your window and talk to the inspectors. Do consider bringing disposable gloves to wear when you go thru the kiosk drive thru and have to handle the vacuum tube to send your paperwork inside to be processed. While previously they were only accepting a credit card or debit card for payment they are now accepting a check for payment. If you use a debit card or credit card you will also have to provide a picture ID ( i.e. drivers license). No picture ID required if you are paying by check.

I arrived at 8am, no line and the inspection took all of 5 minutes. (Presently Wednesday hours are 8am - 4:30pm until further notice.) The drive thru kiosk however had a line of cars (because they were processing more than just the cars going thru inspection). Took about 15 minutes waiting in line to pay my registration fee.

Do check the DMV web site for updated information for Phase 1, Phase2 and Phase 3 before you go so that you know what services are available at the present time and if it requires an appointment or not.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:07 AM

NCC 3925 + 22
KENT 1454 + 3
SUSSEX 4272 + 42

Hospitalizations 142 - 12

Hospitalizations have not been PLUS for 11 days in a row. WOW. Not time to get lazy.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:17 AM

829 posts, read 632,270 times
Quote:

NCC 3925 + 22
KENT 1454 + 3
SUSSEX 4272 + 42

Hospitalizations have not been PLUS for 11 days in a row. WOW. Not time to get lazy.
Thanks for posting these #'s every day - and for keeping track of any "trends". This is great news, and I totally agree we have to keep up our guard … and masks.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:03 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,566,905 times
Quote:

NCC 3925 + 22
KENT 1454 + 3
SUSSEX 4272 + 42

Nuts your numbers are off for Sussex county. The 4272 number was reported for 6/1/2020. As of 6/4 number it is 4314. Looks like you missed updating the Sussex county number for a few days, while the Kent and NCC numbers for today are correct.

Regarding the Sussex county hospitalization numbers, if you look at the more detailed DE My Community web site the hospitalization number is down to just 20 of the 142 hospitalizations. Just 14% of the total hospitalizations.

The total hospitalizations yesterday were 153 and are now down to 142. That is a drop of 11 people. However, it also should be noted that today it was reported that DE reported 11 new deaths, most likely accounting for some of the decease in hospitalizations. The DE My Community web site will go into more detail as to the number of new hospitalizations each day - and that is slowly going down!

The DE My Community site provides much more detail if you want to track by county, zip code, Senate district or house district to see the progress in a particular area within DE.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:36 PM

Mary. I apologize for the mistakes in numbers for some reason I copy and paste the prior day to the new day and then replace them with the daily numbers. I must say I double check the numbers before I hit send and for some reason some numbers are changed to the former numbers. This is not the first time this has happened. I will have to check daily what posts.

I appreciate the heads up. Regarding the number of deaths, I have chosen to not post that number. I understand that there is/can be a direct correlation between between deaths and hospitalization numbers. That said there is enough bad news out there that I wanted to focus on the changes.

Just my thinking, in terms of the hospitalization number, when additional positive cases are reported there exists the possibility that the hospitalization number could increase, but that number could decrease doe to release from the hospital or through death.

I know all about the additional data provided on the web, but I am looking at just the simple county by county numbers to post here. The data provided is very interesting. and I encourage anyone interested to look at that data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware