Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2020, 10:18 AM

13,078 posts, read 18,414,803 times

Advertisements

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 4871 + 31
KENT 1652 + 17
SUSSEX 4542 + 23

Hospitalizations No data available.

I will check back later and repost as of now it says no data available. Thanks again Mary, you beat me to it, I just read the Gazette article, so I am not totally losing my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 01:57 PM

oday's numbers over/under

NCC 4871 + 31
KENT 1652 + 17
SUSSEX 4542 + 23

Hospitalizations 83 + 5

I will be watching these numbers very carefully since the Epworth testing was in all probability locals, it will be very interesting to see the results.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:20 PM

9,863 posts, read 14,463,354 times
Thanks for all your research and reporting, Nuts! Let me know when it's over and gone!

Old 06-27-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Thanks for all your research and reporting, Nuts! Let me know when it's over and gone!
It can’t be soon enough for me. DH rode his bike to the beach and said it was crowded and not. Lot if compliance with face masks on the boardwalk. He goes almost to the very end of the beach and stays well away from people. If I can’t get into the water, I will not sit on the hot sand and roast and if it is crowded I won’t go near a lot of people. I have a feeling it is going to be a very long summer for me.

This has gotten so old. Thank God for the puppy. The puppy is now 17 pounds and sassy as all get out. He learned a lot of things and the only thing he recalls now is when he hears the spoon on a dog bowl. He must have amnesia. So I am doubly frustrated. Can’t get to the beach and can’t train the dog either!

Old 06-28-2020, 12:37 PM

1,917 posts, read 3,955,169 times
We had dinner outside at the Cottage Cafe on Thursday. It was SO nice to return to one of our favorite local spots! I was able to see my son as well after over three months of social isolation. We went to the beach for the first time yesterday--Assateague, the only beach we'll frequent because we don't like people near us even before covid. It was gorgeous day and not hot on the beach at all. However, the water is still way too cold for me and it will be a few weeks before it's warm enough.

We would have been leaving for our annual Caribbean vacation tomorrow, but it was cancelled and I don't see us going anywhere near an airplane anytime soon. Not happy to be stuck here during one of the most dreaded times of the year for me, but it's not really safe to travel anywhere by car either. So.....we'll be hiding in our house once Thursday arrives.

Nuts--good luck with the puppy! I can remember that stage with our dogs growing up. And yes....it will be a long summer for us as well given we cannot go on vacation. Oh well, at least we can still go to Assateague, go kayaking, running, cycling, and dine (outside only) again.

Old 06-28-2020, 02:08 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 4925 + 54
KENT 1663 + 11
SUSSEX 4608 + 66

Hospitalizations 78 - 5

Old 06-28-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
We had dinner outside at the Cottage Cafe on Thursday. It was SO nice to return to one of our favorite local spots! I was able to see my son as well after over three months of social isolation. We went to the beach for the first time yesterday--Assateague, the only beach we'll frequent because we don't like people near us even before covid. It was gorgeous day and not hot on the beach at all. However, the water is still way too cold for me and it will be a few weeks before it's warm enough.

We would have been leaving for our annual Caribbean vacation tomorrow, but it was cancelled and I don't see us going anywhere near an airplane anytime soon. Not happy to be stuck here during one of the most dreaded times of the year for me, but it's not really safe to travel anywhere by car either. So.....we'll be hiding in our house once Thursday arrives.

Nuts--good luck with the puppy! I can remember that stage with our dogs growing up. And yes....it will be a long summer for us as well given we cannot go on vacation. Oh well, at least we can still go to Assateague, go kayaking, running, cycling, and dine (outside only) again.
You have inspired me to take a ride to Bethany. I am officially going stir crazy here as I really will not go anywhere I don't have to. My one venture out since March was to the Starboard and I needed a new idea.

Old 06-28-2020, 02:50 PM

20,536 posts, read 9,439,656 times
I heard a few of the restaurants at the beach are temporarily closing for dining-- Starboard and Woody's in Dewey. Starboard just for the weekend (owners decision), Woody's until further notice out of concern for staff. Also Cafe 26 in Ocean View, could be more coming.

Old 06-28-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I heard a few of the restaurants at the beach are temporarily closing for dining-- Starboard and Woody's in Dewey. Starboard just for the weekend (owners decision), Woody's until further notice out of concern for staff. Also Cafe 26 in Ocean View, could be more coming.
Starboard will reopen on Tuesday after all employees have been tested according to Monty. Woody's dining is closed, but takeout is open. They apparently gave out 350 crab cakes that they had made for this weekend. I hear that NALU and Grotto are also closed.

People are stupid. I am sorry to be so blunt, but, all the young people that came here have parents, maybe brothers and sisters, maybe grandparents and the transmission of this is so simple especially to the older population. The boardwalk is rife both young and older, with people that are not wearing masks and ditto Rehoboth Avenue.

There was an interesting letter to the editor in the Cape Gazette on Friday and it was from a Dr. (dentist), who is my neighbor and worked with Dr. Fauci on the HIV aids task force. It was his point that Rehoboth Beach city officials essentially missed the boat in creating a culture of compliance with the CDC regulations early on. IF the had been done earlier, perhaps we would not have all the people walking around mask less today.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:11 AM

829 posts, read 642,429 times
I had thought a part of the Delaware State of Emergency required people to wear masks in public settings: "Governor John Carney issued a modified State of Emergency declaration that requires Delawareans to wear face coverings in public settings, including in grocery stores, convenience stores, pharmacies, doctor’s offices, and on public transportation."

In my opinion, Rehoboth Avenue is as, if not more, crowded than the boardwalk, so I've never understood why Rehoboth didn't enforce it overall. I don't mean to blame this on the young - or necessarily the tourists - but it does seem that the resort areas visited by tourists are those where you see the largest number of people not wearing masks. I don't go out all that often, but the handful of stores I've gone to in non-tourist areas, the majority of the people are wearing masks. I did venture to an outlet center and I don't mean to stereotype, but you can almost pick out who the visitors are and it was a mixed bag. A lot carried their mask in their hand, probably because they couldn't go in the stores without one. I think the stores have tried very diligently to require masks.

There are a number of outlet stores that have still not reopened. I was at the stores only briefly, but I recall Lenox, Eddie Bauer and Alex & Ani being among them. We went on a sunny day when the lot was nearly empty and worried for the future of the stores. The very next day - last Thursday - when it was grey and overcast and we later had torrential rain in my area - the lots were packed when we rode by. I guess they all came off the beach and headed to the stores.

Another note - one outlet store told a customer they aren't allowed to accept returns yet. They are apparently giving customers an extended return period. Makes it a little tough to buy clothing since the dressing rooms are also closed!! It was a little strange in the one store I went into, as they still had winter clothing, as I guess their stock was frozen in time as of the shutdown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware