Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:24 AM

10 posts, read 77,070 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the condominium complexes called "Faulkner Point" close to Lake Ray Hubbard (Marvin Loving Drive, Zion Road, Chaha Road, etc.) in Garland?

I have seen several for sale (nice sized ones) at prices that are a too low to be believed. I am thinking there is a catch somewhere - I am wondering - is it a bear to get in and out of those complexes commuting wise or are there building issues (they were built in 1983) - bad insulation, bad foundations, just poorly built? Or, are there tax or utility rate issues? Anything that only someone who has actually lived there or lived near there would know that someone coming from the outside might not find out until it is too late?

Thanks for any opinions you may have......

Old 08-02-2007, 08:51 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
Faulkner? Danny Faulkner? Here's a history:

FAST MONEY AND FRAUD - New York Times

Old 08-02-2007, 09:03 AM

10 posts, read 77,070 times
Well, that answered all of my questions!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:20 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times
I lived in Rowlett directly across the lake from those condos for many years. There were entire complexes of those that sat empty for years. Faulkner I believe went to jail for fraud. I wouldn't expect much in appreciation in the value of individual condos in the area as there is a deluge of them. However, the I-30 corridor in that area seems to be on the brink of something big. Bass Pro Shops a couple of restaurants recently went in across the street from Faulkner point.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 22,119 times
Question Faulkner POINT Hell Hole!!!!!

I live @ Faulkner Point for about 6 years, I rent. Yes the scandle is true, yes Sr. still has his hands in the jar. His lensh buddy's control the place. They scam the home owners from the HOA. The place is falling down arounds us, and the HOA and AMGI (Alternitive Management Group INC.) does not repair anything. The yearly meeting was a sham, and two swat team memebers were there for control. The home owners got out of control because AMGI and the HOA had a lawyer there to tell them they are getting nothing for thier money, a big slap in the face, and F-U. So this did not set well with the owners. The HOA is ran by Danny Sr. and his goons which controls AMGI, which controls the HOA funds....It's a night-mare around here....There have been four cases filed at Fair Housing for discrimination and sexual harassment-and founded. The owners cannot get 51 % of the votes to do anything about whats going on, but has talked to a lawyer and Byron HArris at channel 8 news to take back their homes. Stay tuned for updates soon, via the news. It's a great place to live. I live right on the water side,four feet from the water's edge, and it's nice. But the bull **** here is unbeleavble. But if you can buy, do it. The problems may get solved soon, we hope. But the owners will not let those crooks win nor take thier homes......Stay Tuned! If you would like more info from the inside, email me....

Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 27,189 times
Default Is it that bad??

After reading that it makes it hard to understand why anyone would live there for 6 years. I have lived in bad places before and when my lease was up I moved. If I owned there I would sell if it was that bad. I had some friends that lived there and their view was great but there was way too many section 8 people there which over time turns a place into a ghetto. Best of luck to you I hope things get straightened out.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 21,969 times
Default Faulkner Point Condos in Garland

I rent at neighboring complex...in close proximity to Faulkner Point. Have lived there for nine years.
Major changes to area I have observed:

1. Increased traffic courtesy of Bass Pro Shop.
2. New neighbor......Section 8 (not all sec. 8 properties are destined to become ghettos.... just the ones with poor management, and large concentrations of people who do not have jobs or income.)
3. Increase in hispanic population.

negative Effects: none that I have noticed. No noticeable increase in crime rate

Living close to lake Ray Hubbard...... a Lesson in Energy Management 101...........at it's finest!!
mornings can be calm and serene........nights can be.....radiant and romantic...... bad weather days can be untamed and unforgiving.

i teach at school @ 1 mile from where I live.(thank god.....no traffic)
I have been considering investing in condo @ Hubbard Pkwy & Faulkner Point. Would appreciate any tips,advice suggestions from you current condo owners who have been there.....done...that.
also, want to encourage you to stay the course with HOA.....fight for what you believe in......Bass Pro is attracting the attention of investors to the area......great potential for growth @ next 5 years. The attorney and individuals he is representing maybe interested in acquiring your property for future developments.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 21,778 times
I am interested in leasing a 2/2 on the lake there, can you help me with who to contact.

Thanks
Melissa

Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 21,754 times
I recently moved from Faulkner Points apartments in Garland, Texas and I thought my year lease was never going to end! The Owner "Mr. Ron Stabbert" Is a very disturbing indiviual. Not only is he very stuck up and thinks he is too good for anyone but it seems as if having an affair with his tennants is a hobby of his. I will not mention the tenants name but she knows who she is I seen this with my own eys. During the very hot summer months our central air and heat ran out of freon and it took them 3 DAYS JUST TO COME PUT MORE FREON!!Which means three days of excrutating heat in Texas. We had to go as far as putting our items from the fridge in the ice chest so they would not spoil! I called them over 40 times within this period and only once did I get an answer of Mr.Stabbert replying he was to busy to deal with this problem. What an *******! I have learned from my experience at Faulkner point that "Looks can be decieving" When you first see this place you think it will be a wonderful and beautiful place to reside well think again my friends and take this as a warning STAY AWAY FROM FAULKNER POINT! If you do decide to live here then I wish you the best of luck and keep your wife and children away from Mr.Stabbert. Also one of the conditions on getting your $400 deposit back is that you have to give them a written 30 day notice before moving. Well we done this and Mr.Stabberts wife confronted us the last day we were moving out and said that we never gave her notice. After confronting her about it they then all of a sudden remembered that we gave it to me 40 days ahead of time!!!. What a joke how do these people stay in business?

Old 11-01-2007, 02:48 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
While Mr. Delroy & Stacy Stabbert own several of the condos at Faulkner Pointe they do not own ALL OF THEM. Most are owned by individuals or could be independent investors that own 1 or 2. If the OP is looking at purchasing then he would not have to deal w/ this landlord. He could also purchase and live there for awhile while getting familiar w/ the area and when the time came could move on to something else and lease out his condo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: