Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 05:49 PM

7 posts, read 24,318 times

Advertisements

Hi- I am from way out of town looking relocating and for a place to live in Dallas remotely. My main concerns are safety, price and location to work. I have found condos in these 2 developments priced right and Las Colonitas is literally less than 1 mile away from where my work will be. Does anyone have feedback you can provide on either complex? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 10:41 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,907 times
I used to live in Las Colonitas back in 1989. Very nice area back then. I don't know about now. It looks kinda shady whenever we have driven by there (which is not that often since I live in McKinney). Things are pretty convenient, but I have seen a lot of immigrants move in to that area. The other day we happened to stop at the Walmart right across from Las Colonitas and the cops suddenly busted in and started chasing this young black guy. They wrestled him to the ground and arrested him.I don't know what when down but I think he was stealing. I'm just being honest, I wouldn't live there. And I'm Mexican.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:32 PM

2 posts, read 8,016 times
Meh... it's not that bad here lived in these condo's for about 1 month now.... upstairs neighbors can be kind of loud sometimes but that's going to happen almost anywhere......

Old 03-23-2009, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 8,177 times
I have lived in Las colonitas condo for 14 years now, comparing to all the other condos and apartments in the sorrounding area Las colonitas is the best one, it is still very quiet and clean, they have survilliance cameras mounted everywhere now and have onsite maintenance person. very quiet community with club house etc.... I am loving it.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 5,699 times
I have lived at Los Colonitas for 14 years. I am ready to get out of there. The parking is miserable. The Association dues are outrageous and the electric bills have been going up and now they are making the owners responsible for common areas as well. The board and management compnay apparently has no idea how to run a commercial property properly. When I first moved there it was great. Everything was really nice and quiet now there's crack heads, dope dealers and just a bunch of nasty people there. Believe me, move somewhere else.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,585 times
I started living in Las Colonitas in 2007 and like it very much. It is in a great area that is a prime central location in Dallas. I hadn't had any problems, although I was told about a car being broken in to very rarely and could happen just about anywhere. Also, you can't beat the cost of living that is very reasonable for this location near Galleria and close to just about everything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas