Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:02 PM

3 posts, read 11,128 times

Advertisements

I have owned a unit at Northpoint, across the street from Faulkner Point for 10 years. Like many others, we thought this was a wonderful place. Beautiful view of the lake and easy travel being on I30. We started having propblems immediately. Lucky for us, I was voted on the board our first day here and put in charge of all the money. That should give you a first warning. I can't even keep my own check book. But it didn't matter because you never actually have any control over the money. Corrupt board members and their bussiness partner Managing companies will be happy to releive you of all your money. In return you get no routine maintenance, no improvements, no response to phone calls, e-mails, registered letters. I was lucky in my ignorance. They provided for me to keep me from looking into the financials. I had no idea what they were doing to my neighbors until I resigned from the board after being pressured to write checks on an insurance faud scam. After that I learned fast how things work on Faulkner Point and it's sister properties. I am currently unemployed, so selling my house is not an option. My property has depreciated for the last several years, making it impossible for me to get my equity back for another home due to the lack of maintenance and the foolish decisions of the board. I am currently the head of the Dallas chapter of the National Homeowners Advocasy Group where I attempt to assist others in my same position forom attempted foreclosures, illegal fines, deliquent accounts and any other issues that are aimed at taking you property and giving it to the big time developers who are hungry for our homes.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:51 PM

3 posts, read 11,128 times
I am the Dallas rep for the National Homeowners Advocate Group LLC. We have had so many complaints from Faulkner Point that I cannot keep up with the calls. Faulkner Point is under investigation and I am currently working with agencies towards additional investigations at several levels depending on the alleged offense. I have personally been threatened with criminal action by Alternative Mangement. They are extreemly hostile. Anyone who has any infomration to add to this investigation may contact Linda.allen@tx.rr.com

Old 09-17-2009, 08:43 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,297 times
Is Faulkner himself still in jail? It's kind of odd, I was in the area a few months back and noticed a realtors billboard, a young lady by the last name of Faulkner. I'm guessing it's some relation to the original developer.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 AM

8 posts, read 26,478 times
No, Danny Faulkner is not in jail anymore. The lady on the sign is his grandaughter.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:09 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
Is Faulkner himself still in jail? It's kind of odd, I was in the area a few months back and noticed a realtors billboard, a young lady by the last name of Faulkner. I'm guessing it's some relation to the original developer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caburks View Post
No, Danny Faulkner is not in jail anymore. The lady on the sign is his grandaughter.
His family lives in the area.

As stated above, he is out of jail. He got out several years ago because he was going to die w/in months. Still alive and kicking but I have not heard any updates on his health lately.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:18 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,615,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
His family lives in the area.

As stated above, he is out of jail. He got out several years ago because he was going to die w/in months. Still alive and kicking but I have not heard any updates on his health lately.
He's looking pretty good - I saw him about a couple of months ago and he wasn't even using his cane that he carried around for a couple of years after he got out. Him and his son still have an office in Rowlett where they manage their investments - some billboards I think and maybe some other properties. And yes, they still have their Rolexes and Escalades.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
He's looking pretty good - I saw him about a couple of months ago and he wasn't even using his cane that he carried around for a couple of years after he got out. Him and his son still have an office in Rowlett where they manage their investments - some billboards I think and maybe some other properties. And yes, they still have their Rolexes and Escalades.
They live in Rowlett too. Yes, they still have all of the bling. I've had the pleasure of their company on many different occassions at events. Was seated at the same table as them awhile back. One of the kids got married but I doubt the wedding was as big a hoop-de-do as the one for his daughter. That was FRIGGIN HUGE! It had a big write-up in the DMN back then. I want to say the entire DSO performed for it. I don't run in the same circles as them but close enough that we know the same people and see them at different places around.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:08 AM

8 posts, read 26,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
They live in Rowlett too. Yes, they still have all of the bling. I've had the pleasure of their company on many different occassions at events. Was seated at the same table as them awhile back. One of the kids got married but I doubt the wedding was as big a hoop-de-do as the one for his daughter. That was FRIGGIN HUGE! It had a big write-up in the DMN back then. I want to say the entire DSO performed for it. I don't run in the same circles as them but close enough that we know the same people and see them at different places around.
That wedding was indeed HUGE, although it was his son's wedding not his daughters. His daughter got married in Hawaii. His grandaughter just got married; it was a very intimate, beautiful wedding.

Danny Faulkner is a GREAT person regardless of what any ingnorant, unintellectual person has to say about him. They are obviously in the dark.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
That wedding was indeed HUGE, although it was his son's wedding not his daughters. His daughter got married in Hawaii. His grandaughter just got married; it was a very intimate, beautiful wedding.

Danny Faulkner is a GREAT person regardless of what any ingnorant, unintellectual person has to say about him. They are obviously in the dark.
You are right. It was the sons. It's been awhile. Yes, the grandaughter got married last year. I remember that one.

Yes, he had/has a good heart. Just got mixed up in the wrong stuff. The family is nice

Old 10-29-2009, 08:54 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,615,724 times
Quote:

I know he is a nice guy, but still he was a nice guy whose own naivete caused him to mastermind such a huge fraud that it resulted in the most massive and costly savings and loan failure and government bailout in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: