Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:12 AM

8 posts, read 26,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
I know he is a nice guy, but still he was a nice guy whose own naivete caused him to mastermind such a huge fraud that it resulted in the most massive and costly savings and loan failure and government bailout in history.
He got mixed up with the wrong people and the fraudlent things that went on happened behind his back. The person to be blamed for all corrupt actions is Clifford Sinclair. Since you do not know ALL the facts and were not present in the court room of every trial for this case your comment is just an opinion, not a fact.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:25 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,657,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caburks View Post
He got mixed up with the wrong people and the fraudlent things that went on happened behind his back. The person to be blamed for all corrupt actions is Clifford Sinclair. Since you do not know ALL the facts and were not present in the court room of every trial for this case your comment is just an opinion, not a fact.
Believe it or not, I followed this case very closely and know a lot of facts about the case. I knew and still know quite a few of the players involved and for several years even had my offices in the old Empire S&L building a few years after the calamity that took place there. I have had first hand conversations with some of the players involved and knew two of the three appraisers involved quite well. And Danny and Jim Toler couldn't deny certain facts that incriminated them. I am a commercial real estate appraiser who was working in that market while it was happening. Fortunately at that time I was also working for someone who had a high level of integrity and also refused to let us get involved with any of that.

Who do you think called even past members of the Dallas Cowboys (and many others) to come in and sign loan documents for property that was being resold the same day for twice the price? I'll give you a hint - he dazzled them with his Rolexes and fancy cars, as well as his helicopter with the big F on the side. I remember seeing them in planning sessions when I happened to stop into the old Circle restaurant on I-30 some mornings.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM

41,010 posts, read 49,538,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Faulkner? Danny Faulkner? Here's a history:

FAST MONEY AND FRAUD - New York Times
Awe the 1980's, I remember them well.

Rereading this article you have to smile that back then a Billion dollars was a lot of money. Now it takes the Govt spending 1,000 Billion on Bank bailouts or health care to get anyones attention.

Much simpler times when a millionaire did not need to draw food stamps.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:53 PM

"I knew and still know quite a few of the players involved and for several years even had my offices in the old Empire S&L building a few years after the calamity that took place there. I have had first hand conversations with some of the players involved and knew two of the three appraisers involved quite well."

So, let me get this straight...

1. You had an office at Empire
2. You know people
3. You have conversations with those people

WOW, clearly you know everything then!

Old 10-29-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
"I knew and still know quite a few of the players involved and for several years even had my offices in the old Empire S&L building a few years after the calamity that took place there. I have had first hand conversations with some of the players involved and knew two of the three appraisers involved quite well."

So, let me get this straight...

1. You had an office at Empire
2. You know people
3. You have conversations with those people

WOW, clearly you know everything then!
More than most, when it comes to the collapse of the S&L industry and esp. Empire. BTW, I was also a consultant for the government agencies charged with cleaning the local real estate mess up that was left behind.

You actually want us to believe that Faulkner was innocent? Oh please - he had the best lawyers money can buy and was sentenced to 20 years. At least his lawyers were smart enough to shield some of his assets - and Toler got to keep his ranch after deeding it to his wife. Was Sinclair equally guilty? Probably - maybe more, maybe less. It depends on whose camp you decide to listen to.

Is your last name Faulkner, BTW?

Old 10-29-2009, 01:08 PM

14,860 posts, read 43,043,723 times
Quote:
I know he is a nice guy, but still he was a nice guy whose own naivete caused him to mastermind such a huge fraud that it resulted in the most massive and costly savings and loan failure and government bailout in history.
Quote:
Quote:
Believe it or not, I followed this case very closely and know a lot of facts about the case. I knew and still know quite a few of the players involved and for several years even had my offices in the old Empire S&L building a few years after the calamity that took place there. I have had first hand conversations with some of the players involved and knew two of the three appraisers involved quite well. And Danny and Jim Toler couldn't deny certain facts that incriminated them. I am a commercial real estate appraiser who was working in that market while it was happening. Fortunately at that time I was also working for someone who had a high level of integrity and also refused to let us get involved with any of that.

Who do you think called even past members of the Dallas Cowboys (and many others) to come in and sign loan documents for property that was being resold the same day for twice the price? I'll give you a hint - he dazzled them with his Rolexes and fancy cars, as well as his helicopter with the big F on the side. I remember seeing them in planning sessions when I happened to stop into the old Circle restaurant on I-30 some mornings.

I too know a LOT more about this case and the family than some people do. He wasn't as innocent as some people believe. Trust me, he spent PLENTY of money on things that were very questionable. He did like the limelight and the recoginition that came with his "giving", if you know what I mean. Don't care to go into details as to how I know all of what I do either Some people were like putty in his hand and he did enjoy that.

Oh, and there was a much more innocent person that went to prison when all of this went down and no one cared to back this person up for their NON part in any of it. They were made out to be the "fall guy". And no, none of the names mentioned are this person.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
More than most, when it comes to the collapse of the S&L industry and esp. Empire. BTW, I was also a consultant for the government agencies charged with cleaning the local real estate mess up that was left behind.

You actually want us to believe that Faulkner was innocent? Oh please - he had the best lawyers money can buy and was sentenced to 20 years. At least his lawyers were smart enough to shield some of his assets - and Toler got to keep his ranch after deeding it to his wife. Was Sinclair equally guilty? Probably - maybe more, maybe less. It depends on whose camp you decide to listen to.

Is your last name Faulkner, BTW?
Don't get your feathers ruffled now, I don't care whether you think he's innocent or not.

I think you've had too much kool aid.

Is my last name Faulkner? Nope. I highly doubt they even care what people say or think. That people are still writing about this is ridiculous.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Don't get your feathers ruffled now, I don't care whether you think he's innocent or not.

I think you've had too much kool aid.

Is my last name Faulkner? Nope. I highly doubt they even care what people say or think. That people are still writing about this is ridiculous.
At least I've shown that I DO know something about this case. And you were the one who stepped in with the ridiculous assertion that Faulkner was innocently drawn into this scheme. Without so much as a hint of why or how you happen to know this amazing fact.

It's quite obvious that you're the one drinking the kool-aid here.

I also know a whole lot more than I'm saying here, and have first-hand knowledge as exactly what went down and how it happened.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:46 PM

You've read some articles and talked to some people, so that's all you really know.

I'm not trying to prove he's innocent, that's just my opinion.

Just don't bash someone that you've never met or don't know, it makes you look bad...

Old 10-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
You've read some articles and talked to some people, so that's all you really know.

I'm not trying to prove he's innocent, that's just my opinion.

Just don't bash someone that you've never met or don't know, it makes you look bad...
What makes you think I've never met them and don't know them?

I just said that I know enough to know they were guilty. You only have "an opinion". I have a ton of personal knowledge regarding this case and knew many of the players involved at the time. As far as I'm concerned, you are the one who looks "bad" since you only have an obviously uneducated "opinion".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: