Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 08:51 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,625,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTEEL View Post
i want to clear up the issue of whether or not the chaha road area is worth moving in to..NOT..there is construction going on at the lake itslef along lake hubbard drive.it will sooner than later expand out toward the street and some complexes will be razed.the entire island these complexes sit on(see arial map,as in google earth,etc)are now section 8 and have turned into ghetto status./the texaco station that sits along the service road leading to bass pro/chaha road ,was recently robbed(first time in it's history) and sales clerks tell me that since the area has become section 8 that blacks have been coming and and stuffing their pockets and now they're having to watch the customers very closely(whereas they didn't have a problem like this before the section 8 moving into the area).i'm moving in october this year(2010) ,as my lease is up in november.i've lived here for 7 years/.the main gripe is people roaming the area on foot all hours of the night and hearing of people's vehicles and apartments being broken into./these were rare occurences before the section 8'ers moving to the area/.btw,the area is predominantly 20 somethings who don't see any problem with roaming around the area all hours of the night.also,many people,because of living by the lake,seem to think that hanging outside on the property ,yaking with friends at any hour of the night is acceptable.
Wow. This post is full of so many lies I don't even know where to begin. First of all, the area you are talking about along Lake Hubbard Drive is not an island (lie 1). It is actually a penninsula that extends into the lake. Yes, there is construction around, but most of it is related to the construction of the Bush Turnpike extension, which for now terminates at I-30. Very few complexes will be razed and I don't think any on this penninsula will be touched, according to the plans I've seen (lie 2). The "entire island" is NOT Section 8. I have a friend who owns several of these condos and manages many more. And another friend (fairly wealthy) who co-owns 2 condos there with his 2 kids. They live in them, and have done so for almost 10 years. Although they could afford to move to other areas, this area is handy to their parents, their friends, and to where they work. They seem to enjoy it there. Both friends tell me that overall, there are very few Section 8 rentals in this particular area (lie 3). But, I guess if the "entire island is section 8", that must include you as well?

You also said that the Texaco station near Bass Pro was recently robbed for the first time in it's history (lie 4). I lived in one of my friend's condos on Lake Hubbard Parkway back in 1999 for 6 months after I sold my house in Garland and before I bought my house in Rowlett. Shortly after I moved out, this station was robbed, and the clerk was murdered during the robbery. Made all the headlines.

True, this area probably has more than it's fair share of crime. But that is what you'll get in any area of older apartments or condos that rent relatively cheap. There are plenty of Section 8 units in this part of Garland, but I've been told that other condos along I-30, Bobtown, etc., have way more than Lake Hubbard Dr. and Chaha since these bring a premium due to lake views and frontage.

I've also noticed that many of your posts are race related. From what I've read, it's obvious that you clearly dislike blacks, and this post is further illustration of my point. Racist messages need to go away from this particular forum.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:54 PM

4 posts, read 8,363 times
So you assume section 8 is all black people? Interesting.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:53 AM

2 posts, read 3,761 times
Wow!! I came across this thread today. Some of you people have no idea what you're talking about, some have a little good info. Kudos to the guy who realized Cliff Sinclair was the true criminal. I was there at trial every day. EVERY DAY. Why??? This is my family you are talking about. The US Attorney's office coached Sinclair and he was proven a liar on the stand. Trial was moved to 3 locations. Deadlocked twice before a conviction was found. It wasn't so easy to convince jurors that these men were guilty if it took that many times up to bat. Can't believe so many years later so many people are still talking about this.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reklaw retlaw View Post
to all who cares, Danny faulkner is a good hearted man, he does like the limelight, but is still a good man. Yes, what happened was wrong and yes alot of people did fall for it, but all in all he,s still an ok guy. Can't say I'd do business like him but he was an interesting teacher don't you think?

He is one of the finest hearted men I've ever known in my life and I'm proud to call him family. He was flashy, but he's older and more settled now. A brilliant man indeed.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 AM

3,822 posts, read 8,758,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlformann View Post
Wow!! I came across this thread today. Some of you people have no idea what you're talking about, some have a little good info. Kudos to the guy who realized Cliff Sinclair was the true criminal. I was there at trial every day. EVERY DAY. Why??? This is my family you are talking about. The US Attorney's office coached Sinclair and he was proven a liar on the stand. Trial was moved to 3 locations. Deadlocked twice before a conviction was found. It wasn't so easy to convince jurors that these men were guilty if it took that many times up to bat. Can't believe so many years later so many people are still talking about this.
Yeah, amazing how it keeps gets talked about when family trolls boards looking for their name to pop up.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,710,757 times
this is such an old thread; please let it go away already

Old 02-21-2011, 08:24 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,486,454 times
Good idea, Squirl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: