Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 06:46 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,154,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Do you have any scientific information to back this up? I only ask because every post of yours in here is inciting an argument.
Isn't THIS inciting an argument??? And for the record..i see the same models Cambium sees.. I just read em in an unbiased manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 06:55 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Isn't THIS inciting an argument???
It's being honest.

Quote:
And for the record..i see the same models Cambium sees.. I just read em in an unbiased manner.
By your posts, I can't conclude that you're reading anything. I only see you going against anything Cambium says 100% of the time. Perhaps some references next time would help your case.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:03 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,852,904 times
especially given cam has been spot on at least for my zip (if not even a little conservative on the last snow storm before todays mess) for each of the ones that has come through...so...yeah lol

i havent noticed cam hyping anything up...
excited about snow, absolutly! cam obviously LOVES the stuff...
but i wouldnt say chicken little or anything lol

Old 01-18-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It's being honest.

By your posts, I can't conclude that you're reading anything. I only see you going against anything Cambium says 100% of the time. Perhaps some references next time would help your case.
Not true..Cambium NAILED the last storm..and if I didnt give him credit I should have..However he is WAY to quick to get on the snow wagon and I sometimes point that out.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:09 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,359,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I honestly dont think I ever went over in my thinking of accumulations...Someone correct me if I am wrong... I stay pretty conservative..

and of course disclaimer: weather changes every minute, stay tuned.
Well that is good to see…grasshopper! You stand against some stiff winds if you try not to hype winter weather on the East Coast. The biggest problem these days is that many of the sources for weather ( AccuWeather, the Weather Channel, Gil Simmons at Channel 8…etc)…are huge winter fans themselves. Consider the squabble now that Geoff Fox is gone from Channel 8:

Most people don’t realize that the real tragedy of GF leaving Channel 8 (from the perspective of the viewing public) is that Geoff Fox was NOT a winter fan. So unlike people like Gil Simmons, Dr. Mel, Brad Fields…etc … Geoff was not always spinning/hyping the coldest side of the forecast…trying to play down any chance of warm weather… gerrymandering his roundup of state wide snow totals/low temps…etc. Take the 12 noon Channel 8 News today: By 12:00 many areas of the state were well above freezing and it was just raining (it was 42 F in New Haven at noon)….yet Channel 8 in their typical absurd dramatic fashion, had “Glacier Gil” driving the “Mobile Weather Lab “ in the highest elevations of western Connecticut (shouting at us that the temp is still a “bitter 27 F”) trying to find a flake of snow (lol). Gil is the same guy who starts to try to spin the chance of snowstorms in the Tri-State area in October or tries to keep the winter hype going after early March. I once saw Gil do a long post about the upcoming winter season …in July when it was in the middle 90’s

As to the Friday storm: I think the low will spin out just to the south of Long Island…so expect 4 to 8 inches of snow state wide. It will turn colder this weekend and into next week but should stay sunny and dry. Most forecasts/models are now jumping on western Canada warming up and eastern Canada cooling down (finally!). Most people might not realize that much of Quebec has had near record warmth since December (the block sent the cold air south into the central/eastern USA – instead of through Quebec as it would normally). So the western USA will see above normal temps as January comes to a close and we move into Feb. To me this means the block over eastern Quebec will be weakening as we move into late winter...so perhaps late winter will see temps closer to normal (maybe even above) instead of colder than normal like we have seen in early winter. Almost every single NWS reporting station in the USA had a colder than normal December and January has been colder than normal (though not as much as December). So the block is weakening.

Last edited by wavehunter007; 01-18-2011 at 07:17 PM..

Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Not true..Cambium NAILED the last storm..and if I didnt give him credit I should have..However he is WAY to quick to get on the snow wagon and I sometimes point that out.
Quote:
And for the record..i see the same models Cambium sees.. I just read em in an unbiased manner.
Calling your bluff... Tell me what the very latest model says as of 9:30pm. I say what I see, I dont say what I feel.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Calling your bluff... Tell me what the very latest model says as of 9:30pm. I say what I see, I dont say what I feel.
Times up but still calling your bluff because you never post any models or mention any models, you're more fascinated on the posts of just 2 members here.

LATEST MODEL That just came out is OTS, went too far south and has no energy with it, Not even new England gets much... generally 1-3 inches everywhere on this run...

Stay Tuned.

So now we have

3 models - Heavy snow CT
1 model - nothing in CT
2 models - light snow in CT

and we're only 3 days away...lol ... I will give my personal thoughts in the morning.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Times up but still calling your bluff because you never post any models or mention any models, you're more fascinated on the posts of just 2 members here.

LATEST MODEL That just came out is OTS, went too far south and has no energy with it, Not even new England gets much... generally 1-3 inches everywhere on this run...

Stay Tuned.

So now we have

3 models - Heavy snow CT
1 model - nothing in CT
2 models - light snow in CT

and we're only 3 days away...lol ... I will give my personal thoughts in the morning.
No big storm Friday....3-5 tops..I'm stickin with what I'm seein...

Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
NWS is hedging it's bets and saying dusting-3" with it ending Friday morn.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Best laugh of the day...I'd love to know what your "seein". Mirror?

edit: now I know why its easy for someone to point out when nothing happens and stay silent when something does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut