Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2017, 01:17 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

3:15pm. The most relaxing steady rain I can remember. Temps aren't chilly or warm either. 63°. Must be humid that's why doesn't feel chilly?

I still can't believe you can drive 1 hour from southern PA in the 80s to 50s.

70s Northern CT, 50s in Hudson Valley.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:46 PM

1,725 posts, read 1,148,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
He speaks for most people I know.... weather here is awful 5 months out of the year...
Thank you. I'm not even complaining (well, not really) just observing. It almost helps to admit we live in fairly lousy part of the country for weather. Reduced expectations to the rescue when all else fails.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:08 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,087,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
Thank you. I'm not even complaining (well, not really) just observing. It almost helps to admit we live in fairly lousy part of the country for weather. Reduced expectations to the rescue when all else fails.
CT weather: ranges from cold and damp to hot and damp.

Jan: mostly miserable, partially due to sunset well before 5PM. Cold and dark and damp.
Feb: still mostly miserable, but harder than January because it has gone on so long.
Mar: false hope, but mostly miserable. Time change helps.
Apr: good 2 years in 10, but can't ride motorcycle because of leftover sand on roads.
May: disappointing; either too cold or too hot. Always wetter than optimal.
June: can be pretty good, if not too wet.
July: too many high dewpoints.
August: too many high dewpoints.
September: can be great if not too wet.
October: mostly good to great.
November: okay, if not too wet.
December: okay, most years. Can be too wet. Early sunset is a negative.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:58 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,423,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
He speaks for most people I know.... weather here is awful 5 months out of the year...
Me and my group of friends ski all winter. We welcome the cold and snow. Perhaps you all need to find winter weather hobbies and you'll be less miserable. If the weather makes you miserable for almost half the year, what on earth are you still doing here? Florida weather made me miserable. I couldn't deal with the long stretches of stifling humidity (amongst other issues). So I moved.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post

Jan: mostly miserable, partially due to sunset well before 5PM. Cold and dark and damp.
Feb: still mostly miserable, but harder than January because it has gone on so long.
Apr: good 2 years in 10, but can't ride motorcycle because of leftover sand on roads.
I don't mind the high dew points too much. I just like warm and sunny. Obviously....I'm in the wrong place. But December is not at all okay to me. It's SO dark. Short days and usually very little sun in December. Thank God for Christmas lights because that's usually about all the brightness you see.

Last edited by ryanthegoldengod; 06-04-2017 at 07:16 PM..

Old 06-04-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Me and my group of friends ski all winter. We welcome the cold and snow. Perhaps you all need to find winter weather hobbies and you'll be less miserable. If the weather makes you miserable for almost half the year, what on earth are you still doing here? Florida weather made me miserable. I couldn't deal with the long stretches of stifling humidity (amongst other issues). So I moved.
Moving isn't so easy or without complications for most people. Personal, financial, professional, etc. So the "if you don't like it, move" advice is--like most advice--kind of like talking to the wall.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post

Nice breakdown! I actually agree with most except winter

I like the "false hope". So true. Just when you feel warm sun and think winter is done we get an arctic blast and snow.

I think My preferences have changed a bit that I want it warmer in March. Not sure yet. This yr I did.

I'll do my breakdown tomorrow. Actually.. I want to start a thread with a poll maybe. Curious what all CT residents think

Old 06-04-2017, 11:37 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,562,490 times
About 1/3 inch so far at Hartford/Brainard Airport...

Old 06-05-2017, 03:20 AM

1/4" here so far. and more coming.

Edit: Maybe not more looking at the radar. lol

Last edited by Cambium; 06-05-2017 at 03:47 AM..

Old 06-05-2017, 05:13 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,423,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
Moving isn't so easy or without complications for most people. Personal, financial, professional, etc. So the "if you don't like it, move" advice is--like most advice--kind of like talking to the wall.
Of course there are complications and I understand many people don't have the financial means. However, I couldn't live with a solution of spinning my wheels for years on end being miserable stuck in place. I get not everyone is me: I previously felt the same way so I did everything in my power to change the situation. It was a priority for me. I took a half step back career-wise but it paid off in the long run. No risk, no reward and all that. But I digress, I'm not here to life coach you.

I just saw the long range forecast on the local news (NBC). It looks like 70s and sun are coming after Wednesday. I am hoping that forecast sticks... my garden veg need some sun! My plants aren't doing much with all this damp and cold. Except the parsley...it is a bumper crop year. I've been making pesto, tabbouleh, and it is still growing fast and furious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut