Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 10:22 AM

1,725 posts, read 1,148,802 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting that when you go on the City Data forums in California, Florida, Colorado....you don't see weather stickies at the top. Goes to show: humans want to talk about the weather mostly when the weather is bad. And although we pretend it's not so, and we like to celebrate our "four seasons", Connecticut has generally mediocre weather. At best. So we're all obsessed with the weather!

Old 06-03-2017, 10:31 AM

712 posts, read 530,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Big difference between climate and weather. Even climatologists will tell you not to confuse the two.
Yes, but there is a relation. It's not OFF TOPIC for the weather channel to be discussing this. That was my point. It's not like the weather channel started trying to become fox news/cnn/msnbc all of a sudden.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:31 AM

1,725 posts, read 1,148,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
This... Disgrace the Gloom and Doom they are pushing on people. Seems like they need more attention and money.

https://twitter.com/macblairlife/sta...38873204789248
Actually if you want to find the roots of the anti-climate change movement, follow the money. It wasn't originally a political issue at all. But energy companies got in the ear of Republicans and caused them to raise reasonable doubt about the harmful effects of carbon in the atmosphere because clean energy doesn't suit their bottom line. It's basically a repeat of what tobacco companies did decades ago.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:41 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,087,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheHorizon View Post
The only disgrace I see is Trump, not the weather channel.

It's a disgrace simply because you disagree? Thousands of scientists agree with the weather channel. They're a weather channel so this is relevant to climate/weather.
They are not the Climate Channel. I don't need a climate report in my hotel room when I'm traveling.

Old 06-03-2017, 12:10 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
They are not the Climate Channel. I don't need a climate report in my hotel room when I'm traveling.
lol. I was gonna say the same thing "Weather" channel. Focus on forecasts, weather events, stats, stories and history like you once did. Is it coincidence on the front page with that big headline they used all those gloom and doom stories and the word "proof"?

They didn't put a story about Antarctic sea ice growing. Penguin population growing. Manhattan sea level dropping. Northern Hemisphere snow increasing. U.S summers gotten cooler, ect, ect. But forget all the positive stuff, it doesn't matter cause they will find a way to relate it.

They are done. I'll never tune again soley from that and it was intentional on their end. I cringed when they threw it in during the show but that was the line.

Lastly... Here you go.

You guys enjoying today?? Another amazing day! 60s and low 70s and Partly Sunny this June afternoon!

Old 06-03-2017, 12:20 PM

UPDATE:: on the mid month heat. GFS has been backing off it now north of DC. No 90s and only couple days of 80s. Still far away but we'll keep tabs on it.

Latest update says Tuesday the 13th is warmest day next 2 weeks.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:30 PM

3,350 posts, read 4,170,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
Actually if you want to find the roots of the anti-climate change movement, follow the money. It wasn't originally a political issue at all. But energy companies got in the ear of Republicans and caused them to raise reasonable doubt about the harmful effects of carbon in the atmosphere because clean energy doesn't suit their bottom line. It's basically a repeat of what tobacco companies did decades ago.
We absolutely need to be good stewards of our planet. That said, the anthropological contribution of global warming is overstated and politicized. Has anyone here actually read the Paris agreement? The agreement says the US has to reduce emissions by 26%, but China and India can increase without limit until 2030. Speaking of following the dollars, the agreement states that US must donate billions of dollars to help smaller countries lower emissions, but again China and India (despite being larger polluters) have no such requirement. Why does this once again fall on the US to be responsible for fixing the climate change issue. I agree with the decision to remove the US from the deal not because climate change isn't an issue, but because it is not a fair deal. Let's have a civilized discussion...

Old 06-03-2017, 02:07 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
lol. I was gonna say the same thing "Weather" channel. Focus on forecasts, weather events, stats, stories and history like you once did. Is it coincidence on the front page with that big headline they used all those gloom and doom stories and the word "proof"?

They didn't put a story about Antarctic sea ice growing. Penguin population growing. Manhattan sea level dropping. Northern Hemisphere snow increasing. U.S summers gotten cooler, ect, ect. But forget all the positive stuff, it doesn't matter cause they will find a way to relate it.

They are done. I'll never tune again soley from that and it was intentional on their end. I cringed when they threw it in during the show but that was the line.

Lastly... Here you go.

You guys enjoying today?? Another amazing day! 60s and low 70s and Partly Sunny this June afternoon!

Despite somewhat differing views on this (I'm kind of like Wilton2 in that I think it is real and needs to be dealt with but is also exaggerated somewhat) I do agree that I wish the Weather Channel would go back to mostly just talking about the current weather and giving forecasts. Forgetting even the stuff you mention, too much of the time they are doing sensationalist "weather shows" nowadays.

I would love to bottle today and keep it for most of the year! Maybe just a couple of days of cold and snow for variety and a few days of heat to enjoy swimming in a beach or outdoor pool.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:42 PM

34,942 posts, read 56,970,098 times
Please return to the topic of the OP which is Connecticut weather. JayCT, Moderator

Old 06-03-2017, 03:06 PM

We haven't been above 60 dews and not much above 50 past 2 days. Loving this dryness. What a Great Start to June. Wow.

Lets keep that NW flow going!

4pm OBS, nice dews

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut