Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 02:11 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,208,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
You may get your wish./all long term is backing off the cold..geez..the year without a snow coming?

There are cold periods on tap..but the storm track is not showing a negative tilt.. Unless things change we will keep warming up with Great Lakes runners.
I'm not a weather bug like you guys are but I seem to remember the Winter of 2002 being non-existent as far as snowfall. I race Motocross (Dirt bikes in case anyone didn't know) and we rode all Winter that year on the weekends. If I remember correctly, it was not a cold Winter......I don't remember any major snows.....you know I hate snow.....I'd remember...... I know it was 14 years ago......just a random remembrance......

Old 01-06-2016, 02:17 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I'm not a weather bug like you guys are but I seem to remember the Winter of 2002 being non-existent as far as snowfall. I race Motocross (Dirt bikes in case anyone didn't know) and we rode all Winter that year on the weekends. If I remember correctly, it was not a cold Winter......I don't remember any major snows.....you know I hate snow.....I'd remember...... I know it was 14 years ago......just a random remembrance......
Don't remember much about that particular winter. Hey some years it snows a lot, some years not at all. Law of averages. This may be a quiet one.

But don't let your guard down yet..still a lot of winter to go .

Old 01-06-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Think 17th might wake up to a dusting with snow over night and January 25th- 26th a wet snow sleet ice mix up. January seems warmer closer it comes to an end. Interesting to see how February plays out. Usually when we get some nasty storm's. Hoping the prediction holds out of being wet rain icy winter with little snow.
Weather channel has 3-5 inches that Saturday night...they keep taking it on and off.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:19 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Quote:
Weather channel has 3-5 inches that Saturday night...they keep taking it on and off.
Love these posts because if I slack off on looking at the models that tells me a lot about whats happening. Looks like they keep changing it with every GFS or Euro update.

Quote:
Cold weather with no storms???? PIIITOYeee..... rather it be in the 40's then.

Nothing through 16th huh. On it goes. We need some negative tilt soon.
Ahhh, the negative tilt. timing and location matters but those are the best senarios with a negative tilted trough

Quote:
You may get your wish./all long term is backing off the cold..geez..the year without a snow coming?

Unless things change we will keep warming up with Great Lakes runners.
Coin it. "The year without snow". I mean with all the snow we have gotten does it surprise you we might get nothing now?

Getting crazy. I will post some years with little snow later.

I remember 2007-08 well. Frustrating winter waiting and waiting then Spring was here.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:22 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times
Quote:
I think it will happen if the temperature can hold out. Days leading up will go from forties to 35 to below freezing that night with the right mix up for snow. Then pewter out early early morning as temps barely rise over 32 followed by mid 40's till end of January.

If anyone wants snow still have some here ha. The snow on the ground almost melted tiny patches, but the snow mounds at least 2 feet starting out are holding out about a foot left, like big ice/snow boulders.

Last edited by RunD1987; 01-06-2016 at 02:30 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Love these posts because if I slack off on looking at the models that tells me a lot about whats happening. Looks like they keep changing it with every GFS or Euro update.

A
Yea those long term are just taking the models guidance . Weather Channel long term updates often. They have been eyeballing the 16-18 period for a few days now. They only go 15 days out.. I don't think its anything big but it could be SOMETHING. Accuweather has it too..but they are more vague... I think we get something there. Not a big fan storm track - wise long term ..but it just seems they are getting it a little more. At least fun to look at.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:35 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
2001-02 was NYC'S warmest winter (since the NWS defines it as Dec 1 - Feb 28/29, I think unless we get a Feb like last year, the record will be broken because of December alone). It was also the 2nd least snowy winter at 3.5", all of the measurable snow fell in January).

Old 01-06-2016, 02:42 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Ahhh, the negative tilt. timing and location matters but those are the best senarios with a negative tilted trough

Coin it. "The year without snow". I mean with all the snow we have gotten does it surprise you we might get nothing now?

Getting crazy. I will post some years with little snow later.

I remember 2007-08 well. Frustrating winter waiting and waiting then Spring was here.
That was my first winter in CT. Are you sure? I remember dropping up relatives at Bradley in mid-December in a snowstorm that was just picking up. They took off OK, but it took me over an hour to drive back from BDL to West Hartford. It was a Friday afternoon, if I remember well. But you may be correct about Jan/Feb.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:15 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,208,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
2001-02 was NYC'S warmest winter (since the NWS defines it as Dec 1 - Feb 28/29, I think unless we get a Feb like last year, the record will be broken because of December alone). It was also the 2nd least snowy winter at 3.5", all of the measurable snow fell in January).
Thanks for that......I knew I remembered being out on the motorcycle almost every weekend with no snowstorms and mild weather. That was a great winter.....for my tastes anyway.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that......I knew I remembered being out on the motorcycle almost every weekend with no snowstorms and mild weather. That was a great winter.....for my tastes anyway.
You don't like the cold and snow??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut