Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 04:26 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
We relocated from CT to FL this past spring, summer was hot, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Now it is perfect, yesterday morning was about 48 when I woke up, high around 70 and no clouds or humidity. Coming up for a visit soon bet my blood thinned already and I will feel cold...we left more for theccostvof living than the weather, but winter last year seemed to be never ending, as I scraped snow and ice off my truck the morning we left, April 16
Yeah, I'm looking at the temps down there and pretty impressive how cool it is. It's been so cold that tourists are bundled up at the parks in Orlando! LOL 40s at night. 60s in the day.

I was there beginning of December in 2001 and I had opposite happen. It was well above normal in the 80s and being in the parks was so uncomfortable in the sun. It was December in Florida yet it felt like July in CT. I was disgusted and after that I decided never to go back. I was down there in February too one year and had to jump in the pool. I was also there in August one year....no comment

Old 12-12-2014, 04:31 AM

Portland & Caribou Maine 33° right now.
Tallahassee Florida and Atlanta Georgia also 33°.
One side 10-15 above normal, the other 10-15 below

31 Bridgeport
29 Danbury
31 Hartford

Old 12-12-2014, 06:04 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yeah, I'm looking at the temps down there and pretty impressive how cool it is. It's been so cold that tourists are bundled up at the parks in Orlando! LOL 40s at night. 60s in the day.

I was there beginning of December in 2001 and I had opposite happen. It was well above normal in the 80s and being in the parks was so uncomfortable in the sun. It was December in Florida yet it felt like July in CT. I was disgusted and after that I decided never to go back. I was down there in February too one year and had to jump in the pool. I was also there in August one year....no comment
I was in southern California in Feb. 2001 visiting for my uncle's 75th birthday party hoping to experience "warmth in winter" and had a similar phenomenon "spoil" it (near 60 by day, near 40 by night). My very last day there finally was close to 80.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:38 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
You would really rather wake up for 3+ months of the year and scrape all that crap off your car, while freezing your butt off, and then have it be dark by 4:45 than deal with hot and humid weather in the south (which we also get up here---albiet for not as long)??

NO WAY!!

While not pleasant certainly, summer in the south is FAR better than winter up here.

And I KNOW what I'm talking about when I mention the H&H in the south not being as bad. I was in the Bahamas in the height of summer this past July and outside for 12+ hours every single day, and while it would have been nice to have it a bit cooler, there is no way that most people would say it was less pleasant that winter in CT.
I always say it is one thing to vacation somewhere and a completely different thing to actuaLoy live there. When you vacation somewhere you are relaxed and dressed casually to you are not really being affected by the heat. But imagine having to dress for work and get in a hot car every day. Also consider maintaining a yard in oppressive heat. Grass and plants grow very quickly in heat and humidity. I have family who moved down south and had to give up keeping their yard as nice as they did up north because it was too hot to cut the grass and clean out flowerbeds. They have to get up and out very early to do yard work to avoid the hottest part of the day. And they still dislike it. So don't think living there is the same as visiting their. It is not. Jay

Old 12-12-2014, 06:56 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I always say it is one thing to vacation somewhere and a completely different thing to actuaLoy live there. When you vacation somewhere you are relaxed and dressed casually to you are not really being affected by the heat. But imagine having to dress for work and get in a hot car every day. Also consider maintaining a yard in oppressive heat. Grass and plants grow very quickly in heat and humidity. I have family who moved down south and had to give up keeping their yard as nice as they did up north because it was too hot to cut the grass and clean out flowerbeds. They have to get up and out very early to do yard work to avoid the hottest part of the day. And they still dislike it. So don't think living there is the same as visiting their. It is not. Jay
Not to mention the bugs........and critters.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:51 AM

495 posts, read 611,290 times
Any breaks in the clouds yet?

Old 12-12-2014, 08:41 AM

Bernie Rayno. This should be interesting.

https://twitter.com/AccuRayno

"working on video for Christmas Week..generally do not like doing a video this far in advance, but will try to explain storm threat"

-------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
Any breaks in the clouds yet?
Breaks yes, total clearing maybe not till Sunday. It's actually sunny in SWCT right now.

Current Temps and Satellite.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:53 AM

Strike that... just checked total cloud cover from NAM, GFS, and EURO models and looks like tomorrow should be clear or patchy clouds. Looks like a nice weekend! That's one good thing about weekday storms. Sucks for commutes but you have a better chance of a great weekend.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:34 AM

So yeah, few storms coming up next couple weeks. I left a detailed post on the 21st storm if anyone is interested. Latest GFS has that as a rain/snowstorm now instead of just rain for us. Basically turned around the scenario into a coastal instead.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:39 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Agreed. Sitting on a beach in your bathing suit is FAR different than day to day grind. People in Florida go straight from a/c car to a/c building. Not a lot of time during the day is spent outside. Very similar to our winter. Which one you prefer is personal preference. Best weather in the U.S.(if you just want it nice out) is in southern California where it's 70 and comfortable year round. The people there actually are afraid to drive in the rain the way we are afraid to drive in snow and they complain about clouds! Yes clouds!!! When you live very near the coast a marine layer develops that lasts until almost noon some days and can stay all day during "june gloom" and "may grey" I crack up laughing at these weather wimps calling a month june gloom because there's some overcast skies and it's 70 degrees. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut