Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 06:50 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,746,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Not sure now. Several MLB players have said NO to 2020. Mets have an unidentified roster level covid player plus several in minors with team right now.

1 outbreak in any MLB season and 220 goe bye-bye. There is no wiggle room for further delays.
I'd be surprised if they got to 30 games.

Look at ESPN's bread and butter, the NBA. That restart is already off to a disastrous start with players testing positive everyday. Those guys can't help themselves when it comes to clubs and hookers.

Troubling times will continue up in Bristol.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:54 AM

538 posts, read 331,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post

Look at ESPN's bread and butter, the NBA. That restart is already off to a disastrous start with players testing positive everyday. Those guys can't help themselves when it comes to clubs and hookers.

Wow, stereotype assumptions much. Players from every sport are testing positive. I guess those golfers and caddy's that dropped out of the Travelers championships can't help themselves with hookers too.

Also the NBA will actually be in a bubble when the season restarts. It's not the players you have to worry about, it's the people that work at the hotels and supply them food that come and go out of the bubble.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchem View Post
Wow, stereotype assumptions much. Players from every sport are testing positive. I guess those golfers and caddy's that dropped out of the Travelers championships can't help themselves with hookers too.

Also the NBA will actually be in a bubble when the season restarts. It's not the players you have to worry about, it's the people that work at the hotels and supply them food that come and go out of the bubble.
Pro athletes have been known to stray. For generations now. Where have you been?

Hopefully the bubble works. Bristols in big trouble if it doesn't.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Pro athletes have been known to stray. For generations now. Where have you been?

Hopefully the bubble works. Bristols in big trouble if it doesn't.
One you seem to single out NBA athletes when all athletes are testing positive (even the White guys in Golf). Second you then seem to equate that they are testing positive for COVID because they like hookers and clubs. Third, the NBA is the league that has the highest percentage of black athletes, it just comes off with a hint of racial connotations, sounds a little tone deaf.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchem View Post
One you seem to single out NBA athletes when all athletes are testing positive (even the White guys in Golf). Second you then seem to equate that they are testing positive for COVID because they like hookers and clubs. Third, the NBA is the league that has the highest percentage of black athletes, it just comes off with a hint of racial connotations, sounds a little tone deaf.
just stop already with the racial stuff. You're thinking too much, don't do that.

Golfers?? are you kidding, they're the worst with that stuff. You'd be surprised.
I had a tenant once, pro, white as a ghost. Guy had a different girl in the house every week. Sometimes two.

Point is ESPN a CT based Corp, is in trouble if these positives persist and if it hits the NFL, look out Bristol.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
just stop already with the racial stuff. You're thinking too much, don't do that.

Golfers?? are you kidding, they're the worst with that stuff. You'd be surprised.
I had a tenant once, pro, white as a ghost. Guy had a different girl in the house every week. Sometimes two.

Point is ESPN a CT based Corp, is in trouble if these positives persist and if it hits the NFL, look out Bristol.
People love saying stop making it about race. But, maybe read your post before you hit submit. Look, you're free to post whatever you want, but reading your post that's how it came across to me (I'm not black) and I felt like calling you out on it.

anyways...TV ratings are going to be HUGE. Look at the ratings for the Michael Jordan documentary that came out. There is nothing, people who are into sports will watch anything that comes back.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:07 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Please stop the bickering and return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 06-30-2020, 03:30 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:

Sadly, I agree. Playing all over will lead to outbreaks.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:58 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
UB to be taken over by 3 schools.

University of Bridgeport to be taken over by 3 other colleges

Old 06-30-2020, 07:16 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,185,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Very optimistic article. All schools are in trouble except the very finest who have strong endowments.
If the 3 schools mentioned see their enrollment drop how does having UB help? Not a desirable location, and with this news will dissuade anyone from attending going forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut