Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 06:12 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,050 times

Advertisements

I'd be more concerned about my kid playing football as an example.
That said plenty of parents allow their kids....

Old 05-28-2020, 08:18 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Please return to the topic of this thread which is the Economic Climate of Connecticut. JayCT, Moderator

Old 06-03-2020, 12:34 PM

Interesting article/interview with Connecticut State Treasurer, Shawn Wooden on our state’s economy and budget during the Covid-19 crisis. Can Connecticut really be in better shape than other states? Jay

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i...shawn_wooden1/

Old 06-03-2020, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Subway laid off another 150 in Milford. Think company is sold and moving to Miami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Through solid internal sources, I have heard the same leaving soon rumors.

My hunch is any move would not occur until covid runs it main course.

By time It does, we'll probably see a few more "restructuring" waves. So the final layoff will be smaller than expected if they move, and hopefully some would be retained by a new owner.

I wonder if YUM Brands could handle buying them. IMO, it would be a solid fit.
Well you were only partially correct. Subway has leased some office space in Doval, Florida but the company says it is unequivocally NOT leaving Milford. None of the articles I have seen on this lease indicate the amount of space leased but I’m sure if it was significant, they would have said so. Most likely it is a smaller space to accommodate their new CEO when he is in Miami rather than a relocation of a significant number of jobs. Jay

https://www.newhavenbiz.com/article/...space-in-miami

Old 06-03-2020, 02:10 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,487,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Well you were only partially correct. Subway has leased some office space in Doval, Florida but the company says it is unequivocally NOT leaving Milford. None of the articles I have seen on this lease indicate the amount of space leased but I’m sure if it was significant, they would have said so. Most likely it is a smaller space to accommodate their new CEO when he is in Miami rather than a relocation of a significant number of jobs. Jay

https://www.newhavenbiz.com/article/...space-in-miami
I also read that Subway Latin America HQ (which was already in Miami) will move to, I’m guessing, this same location. Maybe that is why they leased space as well.

My guess is they are not leaving CT.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:10 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
I also read that Subway Latin America HQ (which was already in Miami) will move to, I’m guessing, this same location. Maybe that is why they leased space as well.

My guess is they are not leaving CT.
I hope they do not, but I do not see an exec team that far apart from the next few levels of management.

I also hardly trust comments like "no immediate plans', when made after massive unannounced layoffs (No WARN reports) take place. The 1st round featured city cops on duty as folks were told.

We need them to leave some Milford hq jobs in Ct.

Old 06-03-2020, 06:14 PM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I hope they do not, but I do not see an exec team that far apart from the next few levels of management.

I also hardly trust comments like "no immediate plans', when made after massive unannounced layoffs (No WARN reports) take place. The 1st round featured city cops on duty as folks were told.

We need them to leave some Milford hq jobs in Ct.
Doesn't WARN need big numbers? like hundreds or more. Aren't Corps cutting in small timed increments in order to avoid WARN? I could be wrong

We need them to leave all Milford hq jobs in U.S.A.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:13 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Doesn't WARN need big numbers? like hundreds or more. Aren't Corps cutting in small timed increments in order to avoid WARN? I could be wrong

Yes they let people go last summer as well in smaller numbers.
They had a buyer for the company pre CV 19. Not sure it closed.
They claim they have let people go to better serve the Franchisees!

In what world does that make any sense!?
Chidsey the new CEO was brought in by Burger King right before it was sold 10 years back.
Companies typically never want to kill morale by announcing the company is to be sold til after the fact. Keep in mind Subway is privately held......so much easier to keep it quiet until it's a done deal.

The company rumored to be buying Subway owns Burger King and others. Notably owns Tim Hortons as well. They have almost no prescense in the US. Good opportunity perhaps to convert Subway's over to TH. Solves the problem of closed stores.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:29 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post

No. WARN is required for layoffs of either 50 or more, or 1/3 of workforce if smaller.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:12 AM

413 posts, read 317,131 times
Huge American comeback sooner than anyone predicted. Lamont better move along or Connecticut never catches up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut