Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 03:25 AM

83,502 posts, read 75,260,686 times

Advertisements

Had a wind gust of 44mph just now. Storms passing through

AREAS OF FOG WILL BE DENSE IN SPOTS EARLY THIS MORNING...BUT ARE
EXPECTED TO IMPROVE AS A COLD FRONT NEARS. IF DRIVING...SLOW
DOWN...USE YOUR LOW BEAM HEADLIGHTS...AND LEAVE PLENTY OF DISTANCE
AHEAD OF YOU IN CASE A SUDDEN STOP IS NEEDED.

A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE TRI- STATE REGION EARLY
THIS MORNING. AHEAD OF THIS LINE WINDS WILL CONTINUE TO
STRENGTHEN...WITH GUSTS OF 35 TO 45 MPH. THE HIGHEST GUSTS ARE
LIKELY WITH HEAVIER RAIN SHOWER ACTIVITY AND ACROSS HIGHER
ELEVATIONS.

THIS FRONT IS EXPECTED TO BRING A COUPLE LINE OF HEAVY SHOWERS
AND EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS TO THE REGION...CAPABLE OF PRODUCING
LOCALIZED DAMAGING WIND GUSTS. THE STRONGEST ACTIVITY IS LIKELY TO
IMPACT THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY AND NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY BETWEEN 2
AND 4 AM...NEW YORK CITY...WESTERN LONG ISLAND AND SOUTHWEST
CONNECTICUT BETWEEN 3 AND 5 AM...AND POINTS EAST THROUGH 8 AM.

WINDS MAY STILL GUST TO 35 TO 45 MPH IMMEDIATELY BEHIND THE
COLD FRONT...BEFORE RELAXING A BIT BY MID MORNING.

------------------

452 AM EST MON NOV 18 2013

...SQUALL LINE WILL IMPACT WESTERN AND CENTRAL PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN
CONNECTICUT AND LONG ISLAND...

AT 449 AM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR WAS TRACKING
A SQUALL LINE EXTENDING FROM NEW MILFORD CONNECTICUT TO KENNEDY
AIRPORT...AND MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

THE SQUALL LINE WILL BE...
NEAR WILTON BY 455 AM.
NEAR WESTPORT BY 500 AM.
NEAR MONROE BY 505 AM.
NEAR WATERBURY BY 510 AM.
NEAR SHELTON BY 515 AM.
NEAR ORANGE BY 520 AM.

WINDS UP TO 45 MPH AND A BRIEF DOWNPOUR ARE EXPECTED
Attached Thumbnails
New Connecticut Weather Thread-radar17.jpg  

Old 11-18-2013, 03:44 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,878,491 times
I noticed the long range is now talking about some possible snow (albeit not much) for Saturday.....

Old 11-18-2013, 04:00 AM

The warmest minimum temp at Bridgeport,CT on Nov 18th is 52°.
Currently at 61 as of 5:30am. They didn't go below 55 unoffcially.

Whole East coast about 15-25 above normal. I don't mind at all. These quick spikes are always welcome. . No warm or torch pattern being seen after today except a spike on Friday possible.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:24 AM

When I said this 2 weeks ago....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
2 words... Get Ready.
Put it this way... The water is in the pot. The Knob has been turned. (Don't watch a boiling pot)
I wasn't talking about this that happened in Stamford 7 days ago

I was talking about the overall look of things and to be patient. Some interesting things could be happening very shortly. Will update later today. I think the boring pattern will be behind us for a while if what I'm seeing is a new pattern and not just temporary.

For now, enjoy a spring like day today in the 60s! I'll post a map with temps later. Watch those squirrels today, see if you see any more running around then usual.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:07 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,360,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I have enjoyed this month, no real extremes. Any highs or lows have been short-lived, not sustained. Other than the lack of rain, I don't understand any complaints. This is typical November weather. It's too soon to expect a blizzard.
I would agree...it has been a nice month this November. Today November 18th, the normal high at NWS Bridgeport is 51 F the normal low is 39 F.

We have enjoyed sunny skies and dry weather with no real extremes this November. We had several days like this morning with temps in the low 50's F that has helped us save money on our heating bills. No early snow which is very nice - and as you said much more normal than the snow we had back in Oct 2011. Several days have cracked 60 F (today cold hit 70 F !!) with sunshine and dry air. So no complaints from me

What's more interesting is how hard November is trying to turn colder and wetter - but is struggling: A few days of below normal temps...a few days of above normal temps.....yet nothing can lock in. Right now we are running just about dead on normal (-0.6 F). Precp is still WAY below normal and there have been few storms. So I hope this trend goes right into December, with this pattern of no blocking and a fast flow stays - we could end up enjoying a dry and normal to maybe even mild December

Old 11-18-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
The warmest minimum temp at Bridgeport,CT on Nov 18th is 52°.
Currently at 61 as of 5:30am. They didn't go below 55 unoffcially.

Probably won't break it though, it goes by "midnight to midnight" and it supposed to get colder fast after sunset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post

What's more interesting is how hard November is trying to turn colder and wetter - but is struggling: A few days of below normal temps...a few days of above normal temps.....yet nothing can lock in. Right now we are running just about dead on normal (-0.6 F). Precp is still WAY below normal and there have been few storms. So I hope this trend goes right into December, with this pattern of no blocking and a fast flow stays - we could end up enjoying a dry and normal to maybe even mild December
November will likely stay below normal.........trend in coming days is for below normal temps. Has no effect on December though so who knows for next month?

Old 11-18-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post

November will likely stay below normal.........trend in coming days is for below normal temps. Has no effect on December though so who knows for next month?
I don't know:

Once they average in today, November will likely be above normal for a few days. As you said it will turn cooler with highs/lows both below average - but not by much. What it really all seems to hinge on will be next week - the final week of November 2013. Some are predicting a colder pattern, some are not. I think for Nov 2013 to get to more than -1.5 F below normal (+/- 1.5 is considered in the normal range), it would have turn sharply colder. Your right, though, we likely will not see a + month no matter what, unless they are way off for next week.

As far as November and its relation to December (and even the whole winter), would disagree. The pattern in November (warm/cold/dry/wet/stormy/stable) often is carried into December since air masses and storm tracks are setting up for the heart of the cold season.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 AM

Another gorgeous fall day in the Tri-State area. Most area NWS stations are in the low 60’s. In fact, most of the East Coast is in the 60’s and 70’s :

Endless Summer …..I love it!

Old 11-18-2013, 09:52 AM

3,349 posts, read 4,166,528 times
Quote:
Another gorgeous fall day in the Tri-State area. Most area NWS stations are in the low 60’s. In fact, most of the East Coast is in the 60’s and 70’s :

We hope you enjoy the endless summer on Wednesday! Although I suppose you will simply refrain from posting or go to Florida for the day

Last edited by Wilton2ParkAve; 11-18-2013 at 10:00 AM..

Old 11-18-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:

HMM, that 20 degrees in Jackson, Mississippi is suspect (unless for some reason they're showing that station in Celsius for some reason LOL!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut