Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2019, 02:18 PM

14,254 posts, read 14,762,425 times

Advertisements

That list says a lot. To many Trustees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 07:06 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,339,442 times
The board votes Friday so the storm keeps on brewing, the faculty senate is unanimous against his installment
as President via the governors intervention in their HR process. It would be a massive setback for the school if the board votes him in. Maybe some of them will show some spine. This doesn’t pass any smell test.

Old 07-16-2019, 03:10 PM

757 posts, read 569,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
The board votes Friday so the storm keeps on brewing, the faculty senate is unanimous against his installment
as President via the governors intervention in their HR process. It would be a massive setback for the school if the board votes him in. Maybe some of them will show some spine. This doesn’t pass any smell test.
Unsurprisingly several of them (van Lehe, Floyd) are completely locked in, but others may be swayed.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:21 AM

Ya one just flipped it’s in the state, the former football player

Old 07-17-2019, 06:54 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,349,164 times
They should of picked Joseph Walsh, the current vice president of research at Northwestern University. Being a research person myself, I tend to be drawn to the research types, but it would have been nice to have a university president with a strong research background.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:47 AM

Default Momentum is building/ Looks like it's going to be a very very close vote

Momentum is building looks like its going to be a very close vote as University of South Carolina's accredation is now in jeopardy due to the Governor's meddling. To quote Chuck Allen one of the trustee's the was previously in favor of Caslan but is no longer due to recent events said:
“My reticence now stems from the multiple risks of harm the university is now confronted with. Alumni objections, accreditation risks, donor reaction, faculty opposition, a divided student body and athletic concerns form the basis of my judgment.”[LEFT]
Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article232748562.html#storylink=cpy"
[/LEFT]

Old 07-17-2019, 10:36 AM

757 posts, read 569,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
Momentum is building looks like its going to be a very close vote as University of South Carolina's accredation is now in jeopardy due to the Governor's meddling. To quote Chuck Allen one of the trustee's the was previously in favor of Caslan but is no longer due to recent events said:
“My reticence now stems from the multiple risks of harm the university is now confronted with. Alumni objections, accreditation risks, donor reaction, faculty opposition, a divided student body and athletic concerns form the basis of my judgment.”[LEFT]
Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article232748562.html#storylink=cpy"
[/LEFT]
Unfortunately the vote is 11-9 and Chuck Allen was already counted in the 9, he just vocalized his opposition. I'm hoping enough big donors chime in to shift the balance. I've sent e-mails to as many personal e-mail addresses as I could find and noted that I'll be cancelling a planned gift and withholding donations should he be chosen. Let's hope the Board comes to its senses.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:24 PM

14,254 posts, read 14,762,425 times
Caslan is so not the right person.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:18 PM

Yet another national body that is stepping in. There will be serious repercussions if board ignores will of the faculty senate and student body and installs: Caslan

"We join the faculty senate in urging the board of trustees ‘to cancel the current presidential search and begin an open and legitimate search process as described in its bylaws and as recommended by the American Association of University Professors,’” AAUP Associate Secretary Hans-Joerg Tiede wrote to the chair of USC’s board of trustees"
[LEFT]
Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/...#storylink=cpy
[/LEFT]

Old 07-18-2019, 08:13 PM

This is huge re Darla Moore saying stop the vote and start the search anew and do it properly
https://www.thestate.com/news/local/...232864697.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area